HTC P4550 (HTC Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tsutton
Rumour has it this will be the Vario III in the near future (or at least a variation of it).

If it's true the I'm not surprised. It looks very similar.

I like the black colour. ;)

Guest nickcornaglia

That's gotta be one funky sliding mechanism. But cool tho. Hope it doesnt add alot of weight nor price to the device.

Guest mandt

been keeping an eye on this for a while, its definitely my next phone!

lets hope the release date of june is to be believed, hopefully it will be on t-mo shortly after (covered in pink no doubt!)

don't you think it looks like a 'baby athena' when open, I wonder it uses some kind of dual hinge mechanism?

Guest pd.ryder

Again, rumour has it that it's both lighter and thinner than the Vario II, with similar operating spec:

16g lighter (inc larger capacity 1500mA/h battery), 4mm thinner and 2.5mm shorter. Same size width-ways. WM6 and 256Mb ROM rather than 128Mb. It also supports HSUPA which I guess will supercede HSDPA. 3MP main cam and an improved 640x480 front cam (up from 352x288). No macro mode mentioned, but the spec sheet states 'Autofocus'.

Oh, it also has built-in GPS.

Cool ;)

Guest mikeeey

i sure hope itl be avaible in the US. anyone know the answer to that?

also is there any price on this thing yet?

the money i was saving for the hermes is now going toward this. but im gonna be mad if all that saving and it doesnt come out in the US.

btw is that metal that this thing is made of?? i sure would love to have a phone that's very strong and hard to break.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Webreaper

Is this from the link I posted yesterday? ;)

GPS+Slide-out Keyboard+WM6+400Mhz CPU+3G+256MB ROM+USB2 means the HTC Kaiser is going to be very much in demand. The page you link to shows it as due for release in June - wonder when it'll actually hit carriers' shelves....

Guest BrownSource

Do you think this'll be SDHC compatible?

If so this could nearly be the ultimate device (aside from lack of 640x480)

Edited by BrownSource

Guest pd.ryder
V.nice Indeed I hope t-mobile version will look better than others ;) It's miss an Fm radio though :) june is too far :)

Why worry about FM radio when you've got all-you-can-eat 3G data and internet radio? It does use what I used to refer to as a hell-of-a-lot of data to stream it, but I've never come anywhere near using the 1Gb (fup) despite trying very hard :D

:(

Guest mikeeey
Why worry about FM radio when you've got all-you-can-eat 3G data and internet radio? It does use what I used to refer to as a hell-of-a-lot of data to stream it, but I've never come anywhere near using the 1Gb (fup) despite trying very hard ;)

:D

i wish there was an FM radio too, but o well.

this will be my next phone, june doesnt seem too far for me.

Guest mandt
..., june doesnt seem too far for me.

I would assume the June date , as referred to on PDAdb, will be the HTC branded version.

It'll probably be a while later til we see carriers releasing it

Guest sleighty
Do you think this'll be SDHC compatible?

If so this could nearly be the ultimate device (aside from lack of 640x480)

It's got microSD allegedly so not SDHC which is GOOD coz I've spent a small fortune in SD cards for various phones!

By now I think we really ought to be seeing VGA screens running 24 bit colour in this format. Maybe needs the power of xscale @ 624Mhz, then we might be close to a perfect device

Guest mikeeey

just a rumor i heard about this device is that it may have FM radio. if it does then i cant think of a better device. im getting it for sure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.