Photo

Introducing MoDaCo DoNew for Windows Mobile 6 Standard (updated 07/12/08)

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,175 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
It's definitely working on the Excalibur, not sure what's happening on the Q.

I have a Q, so i'll have a root around to see if I can work out what's happening.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

kmdragon

kmdragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:t-mobile dash
HI Paul, I'm new to this all but have been searching for this feature your created to use for my dash. I downloaded it but when I unzip the file I don't see how to install it to my synch/add programs folder. Any help is very much appreciated.
kathy

girltechies

girltechies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q

I have Moto Q and although the app does not complete its intended functionality (create a new doc then open it) it DOES create the new document wherever you specify it. Once I had empty docs I just made them read only and open those.

I have a Moto Q as well. When I click on "new word document", it takes me to naming the document. After I name it and click save, it takes me to an alert screen stating that it is unable to create new Word document. Are you having the same problem. If so, have you found a way to open a new document?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,175 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
At a guess, i'd say the 'hacked installer' doesn't install the apps to \Windows\, which is obviously where DoNew expects to find them.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

barfoo

barfoo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

At a guess, i'd say the 'hacked installer' doesn't install the apps to \Windows\, which is obviously where DoNew expects to find them.

P

Hi Paul,
Thanks for a great tip. I'd like to test this theory. What is the correct path for the Office executables (where DoNew expects to find them)? Are all the files for Office Mobile in the \Windows\ directory, or are they in \Windows\Office6\ , or....?
Thanks!

JohnnyG_69

JohnnyG_69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:MotoQ

P

Hey there Paul,

I confirmed the problem is that Mobile Office is installed in the \Windows\ directory on WM6, however the installer that's being used for WM5 puts it in \Program Files\Office6\.

One solution is to change the installer being used for WM5 to put Mobile Office in the \Windows\ directory. I've tested this, and NewDoc will work then.

The other solution (which I'd prefer) is to leave Mobile Office where it installs on WM5, and change NewDoc to point there for launching Word and Excel.

I would be more than happy to modify NewDoc to work with the WM5 install if you'd be willing to share your source code with me.

Thanks Paul :rolleyes:

mstar

mstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:null
newbie question but the "DoNew" CAB file for my E650 do i place this in my '\Windows\' directory ?

sorry guys just my new smartphone :rolleyes:

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Put it on your storage card and run it from the file explorer, that will fire up the installer and set it up for you :rolleyes:

I still exist

mstar

mstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Put it on your storage card and run it from the file explorer, that will fire up the installer and set it up for you :rolleyes:

can i run it by using active sync putting in \windows\start menu\accesssories directory (or whatever dir)??? and double clicking on it? i dnt have amicro sd card yet :-(

Edited by mstar, 12 June 2007 - 05:19 PM.

mstar

mstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

can i run it by using active sync putting in \windows\start menu\accesssories directory (or whatever dir)??? and double clicking on it? i dnt have amicro sd card yet :-(

i done it guys i just put it in the windows dir and ran it from there works a treatttttttttt!!!

thanks paul!

vwspeed

vwspeed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hey there Paul,

I confirmed the problem is that Mobile Office is installed in the \Windows\ directory on WM6, however the installer that's being used for WM5 puts it in \Program Files\Office6\.

One solution is to change the installer being used for WM5 to put Mobile Office in the \Windows\ directory. I've tested this, and NewDoc will work then.

The other solution (which I'd prefer) is to leave Mobile Office where it installs on WM5, and change NewDoc to point there for launching Word and Excel.

I would be more than happy to modify NewDoc to work with the WM5 install if you'd be willing to share your source code with me.

Thanks Paul :)

The reason it's now working on a WM5 device is the way the DoNew app is launching the apps, the code looks like this:

Process.Start("pxl.exe", path)

So in other words, the Office Mobile executables must be in the \Windows folder to work, this is probably because WM6 has the Office Mobile apps installed in the ROM, so on a WM5 device it'll consume precious system RAM versus the preferred method of running off the Storage Card.

I have been trying to find a way in Windows Mobile to set the Environment %PATH% variable like you can in regular Windows. If you could figure out a way to get the \Storage Card\Program Files\Office6 into the system path variable then theoretically the launcher should work.

magrab

magrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:HTC s710
Many thanks for this - works a treat.

JohnnyG_69

JohnnyG_69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:MotoQ

I have been trying to find a way in Windows Mobile to set the Environment %PATH% variable like you can in regular Windows. If you could figure out a way to get the \Storage Card\Program Files\Office6 into the system path variable then theoretically the launcher should work.

OR, if Paul could find it in his heart to share the source code that I'm sure he busted his butt to come-up with, I could make the change so it would work under WM6 and WM5.

Edited by JohnnyG_69, 06 August 2007 - 03:43 AM.

tigro

tigro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:htc s710
Paul:
I've download the file donew.cab but the file is a .rar file. How can I install the file in my Smartphone (HTC S710)? Thanx in advance

tigro

tigro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:htc s710
I got it. I've installed the file in the Smartphone.

Thanx a lot

Wombleuk

Wombleuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Devices:V1415
I've tried this on my S710, but it hangs the phone when I try to exit without saving.

paruthi75

paruthi75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I got a htc s710, and it did not have a new tool on word and excel, thanks for the solution.

Dr Forinor

Dr Forinor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I installed this and I got the error and it wont let me do it, how can I fix this? I have the SVV E650 (with the debranded mod installed)

PeeZeeOne

PeeZeeOne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC s620
Hmmmm - Finally got WM6 for my HTC s620 (since its a Nordic regional version I had to wait for my phone company to accept the update (HTC_S620_NOR_1.27.402.1_4.1.13.44_02.94.90_Ship.exe))

I was really looking forward to getting the word and Excel handling, and hoped that Your program might be helpfull...

Installs fine, but does not work - It takes me though the naming procedure, but when I press save it says: "Unable to create new word/excel document"

Its not in the Office folder - but has created it's own Office Mobile folder.

What's wrong here? - My installation?

PeeZeeOne

PeeZeeOne

PeeZeeOne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC s620

Hmmmm - Finally got WM6 for my HTC s620 (since its a Nordic regional version I had to wait for my phone company to accept the update (HTC_S620_NOR_1.27.402.1_4.1.13.44_02.94.90_Ship.exe))

I was really looking forward to getting the word and Excel handling, and hoped that Your program might be helpfull...

Installs fine, but does not work - It takes me though the naming procedure, but when I press save it says: "Unable to create new word/excel document"

Its not in the Office folder - but has created it's own Office Mobile folder.

What's wrong here? - My installation?

PeeZeeOne

Just realized the real problem. The bundle included in this upgrade is not Office Mobile - It's Clearvue Office = a viewer, NOT for editing. DAMN! ;) Anybody any ideas how I will be able to edit my word documents?

PeeZeeOne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users