Photo

Introducing MoDaCo DoNew for Windows Mobile 6 Standard (updated 07/12/08)

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

gpcarreon (MVP)

gpcarreon (MVP)

RN, MS MVP-MD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • Devices:Cherry Mobile Eclipse

how I will be able to edit my word documents?

Have you tried DocumentsToGo?
http://www.dataviz.c...bile/index.html

Documents To Go for Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone & 6 Standard lets you view, edit and create Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint® files, view Adobe® PDF files as well as unzip files on your device - all in one complete package.

2425a96d204b681be05922b8a6b210c80f03f237

stefman722

stefman722

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Works great for me for my S621 on Rogers. ( I have WM6). Thanks!!

revanmj

revanmj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:SPV E650, SPV C600
could you add possibility to make new .docx and .xlsx files?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Good call, i'll look into that!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

the_matrixx

the_matrixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Shadow, Wing, MDA
Paul(MVP) - Are you planning on releasing a Win Mob 6 Standard version of this? I hope so.

geo2000

geo2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Spv C100

You know how the things that you think are going to be the easiest are actually the hardest, and how sometimes once you've started something you really wish you hadn't? Well, i've had a day like that today ;)

I've been fortunate enough to have been using a Windows Mobile 6 Standard Landscape Smartphone for a little while now, and I really like it. A couple of things bug me though, and the key one is the fact that Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, removed the 'New' functionality from Word Mobile and Excel Mobile. No matter I thought to myself, rather than messing around doing this 'Save As' thing all the time, i'll just rustle myself up a little application to make it easier... should only take half hour.

And it did, kinda.

I was using my Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC as my dev device (big mistake), and I had it finished in next to no time at all. Brilliant! Success! So I then tried running it on my Smartphone. It b0rked :D On further investigation, I discovered that the 'Save As' dialogue in the Compact Framework is not implemented in Smartphone. DOH! The solution? Writing my own 'Save As' dialogue... rather a lot more work.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, i'd like to introduce you to 'MoDaCo DoNew'. This first version of DoNew is for Landscape WM6 Standard devices ONLY, and restores the 'New Document' functionality i've been missing so much, and you will all be missing when you start getting your hands on devices!

I've included some screenshots and the install CAB below, and i'm open to feedback and tweaks on what is a very quickly knocked-up application. Enjoy! :(

P

[Edit: WM6 Professional (Pocket PC) version also available here]

HI. Please make wm6 from HTC S310? Thanx

hallwal

hallwal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Juno / T-Mobile Shadow
still no smartphone vertical version? aren't most smartphones non-horizontal?

JrWriter

JrWriter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Dash

You know how the things that you think are going to be the easiest are actually the hardest, and how sometimes once you've started something you really wish you hadn't? Well, i've had a day like that today :(

I've been fortunate enough to have been using a Windows Mobile 6 Standard Landscape Smartphone for a little while now, and I really like it. A couple of things bug me though, and the key one is the fact that Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, removed the 'New' functionality from Word Mobile and Excel Mobile. No matter I thought to myself, rather than messing around doing this 'Save As' thing all the time, i'll just rustle myself up a little application to make it easier... should only take half hour.

And it did, kinda.

I was using my Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC as my dev device (big mistake), and I had it finished in next to no time at all. Brilliant! Success! So I then tried running it on my Smartphone. It b0rked :D On further investigation, I discovered that the 'Save As' dialogue in the Compact Framework is not implemented in Smartphone. DOH! The solution? Writing my own 'Save As' dialogue... rather a lot more work.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, i'd like to introduce you to 'MoDaCo DoNew'. This first version of DoNew is for Landscape WM6 Standard devices ONLY, and restores the 'New Document' functionality i've been missing so much, and you will all be missing when you start getting your hands on devices!

I've included some screenshots and the install CAB below, and i'm open to feedback and tweaks on what is a very quickly knocked-up application. Enjoy! :D

P

How do you install this in your phone i'm new to this type of stuff

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
Copy the CAB file to your phone and run it from File Explorer.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

alboblood4life

alboblood4life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:htc shadow

You know how the things that you think are going to be the easiest are actually the hardest, and how sometimes once you've started something you really wish you hadn't? Well, i've had a day like that today :(

And it did, kinda.

I've included some screenshots and the install CAB below, and i'm open to feedback and tweaks on what is a very quickly knocked-up application. Enjoy! :D

P

Hey Paul im new to all this the site and the phone i just got it today i was wondering if u can help me out what do i do with the cab files thanks

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
Copy if to the device and run it from File Explorer!

P

Posted Image

medirin

medirin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow

Copy if to the device and run it from File Explorer!

P

thanks! i just got my shadow so i was also confused.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
Now updated with compatability for portrait devices such as the T-Mobile Shadow! Huzzah! :)

P

Posted Image

ga!nusha

ga!nusha

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:C500 & A701
i have to say that it works great on the verry old SPV C500(even if it is not qvga)
thanks again!

mZimm

mZimm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:AT&T Tilt, Tmobile Shadow

Now updated with compatability for portrait devices such as the T-Mobile Shadow! Huzzah! :)

P

So does this mean that this is no longer true?

This first version of DoNew is for Landscape WM6 Standard devices ONLY

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
Yes.

P

Posted Image

Irish-One

Irish-One

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

You know how the things that you think are going to be the easiest are actually the hardest, and how sometimes once you've started something you really wish you hadn't? Well, i've had a day like that today :)

And it did, kinda.

P

[Edit 2: Now compatible with portrait devices!]

Irish-One

Irish-One

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Paul, for some reason I am now unable to open a "new" Word document on my 8525 operating with WM5. When I open Word, and click on "new" I get a message "A problem with the document was encountered and it cannot be opened." Do you know if your fix for WM6 will also work on WM5? Thanks.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
It's for Smartphones. This functionality is built in already to devices like the 8525.

P

Posted Image

tw

tw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i600
I have installed DoNew on a Samsung i600. It is upgraded to WM6 and Office Mobile 6.1 is installed.

When I try to create a new Word file I get always the error message "Unable to create new Word document". Same applies for Excel files.

But the files are created.

Any idea why the error message shows up all the time?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users