Mini SD capabilities of the SPL

Guest Midnight Cowboy

Guest Midnight Cowboy

Has anyone tried installing a mini SD card in the SPL yet? I'm interested in finding out the maximum capacity mini SD card it can take. I'm guessing that it can't read SDHC ones.

If anyone has successfully tried a 4Gb card, I'd be particularly interested in finding out which one they are using...

Guest marekaq
Has anyone tried installing a mini SD card in the SPL yet? I'm interested in finding out the maximum capacity mini SD card it can take. I'm guessing that it can't read SDHC ones.

If anyone has successfully tried a 4Gb card, I'd be particularly interested in finding out which one they are using...

I have the same question.

For now I've tried 1 GB mini SD. But I think there will no prob with a 4GB.

So waiting for a test.......

Guest Midnight Cowboy

Having done some research, it seems that any site that lists sd cards by device compatibility, only offers cards up to 2Gb for this phone. That then would seem to be the limit. I'm also assuming that it is not SDHC compliant, as I've seen nothing to suggest that it is...

i have a SanDisk 2Gb card and don't experience any problems with it (except that is alsmost full...).

I have read some postings mentioning two kinds of problems with 2GB cards. The first is with slow cards (eg when using the phone as mp3 player the music sometimes 'stutters'), the second is not being able to use the whole 2GB but only 1Gb. This could be resolved by formatting with NTFS (if i remember correctly).

• 7 months later...
Guest defygravity

2GB mini SD is fine! but 4GB Sdhc highspeed card i can't tell you it's work or not. maybe it works ,when wm6 rom is posted by i-mate. Because my bro's Asus p535 with wm6 can read 4GB card,but early version with wm5 could't.

Edited by defygravity