• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:BlackJack

File Name: myPhone
File Submitter: waltzb
File Submitted: 6 Mar 2007
File Updated: 23 Mar 2007
File Category: QVGA Landscape ( Moto Q )

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15747

Click here to download this file

This is an awesome theme and very much appreciated. I installed the theme as outlined and everything is working perfectly except for the Media Icon and the Photo's Icon. When I click on either one of the Icons it tells me error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename. Do you know a way that I can get these two Icons to work correctly.

Thanks.
Eric

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Q

Yeah I know but I'm not as much after a homescreen only, what I really need
(for a friend who's vision isn't the best anymore nor very computer savvy, hence these 'direct link icons' would be ideal)
is the page I showed above, I also posted on here:
http://www.sbsh.net/...mp;#entry154954

Sorry but these forums seem somewhat odd/different with the layout of replies..

Got your pm. I understand. I've never done anything for that format, but my last phone might work for me to experiment on. Let me check on what I have and see what I can do.

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Just curious how many people are still interested in getting a portrait version of this theme?

Edited by waltzb, 05 April 2007 - 10:00 PM.

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

This is an awesome theme and very much appreciated. I installed the theme as outlined and everything is working perfectly except for the Media Icon and the Photo's Icon. When I click on either one of the Icons it tells me error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename. Do you know a way that I can get these two Icons to work correctly.

Thanks.
Eric

The media icon sounds like you have an older installation file that is still floating around. Go to this link and I explain how to edit the file to correct it:
http://www.sbsh.net/...mp;#entry151868

ecsk2

ecsk2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Here is my first attempt (which means it is going to be very rough). I had to adapt and use much of another person's (Toblo) phoneAlarm theme because I'm just guessing at numbers without it. The .zip file contents should go in the following places on your phone:
- myPhone_portrait.home.xml and the myPhone folder goes in the Application Data\Home folder
- myPhonePT.skn and the myPhonePT folder goes in the Program Files\phoneAlarm folder

I will say that if there is any trouble-shooting (which I'm sure there will be), I won't be much help. Hopefully it is close.

Thank you very much I'll see if I can test it out tonight!

ems275

ems275

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Win Smartphone i930

Just curious how many people are still interested in getting a portrait version of this theme?

I definitely am interested in a portrait version of this homescreen, I am willing to test and assist you in anyway I can, this would be great

Ciji

Ciji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I am! Pls let me know if I can be of any help too, I have basic knowledge of photoshop, hope can help out some here. cheers! thanks!

jdl535

jdl535

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Dash

Just posted the latest version(s) of this theme: 3.4 and 3.5 (X)

- 3.4 now includes the Smartmonitor plugin on the first page

- 3.5 (or Xtreme as I'm calling it ;) ) includes a functional, dynamic calendar button and today's forecast in the place of a button on the second page.

Please see the readme file I've included before trying to install this theme on your phone. Enjoy.

Click here to download this file

Where do I install the Orange plug-in on my phone??? That's the only part I can't figure out.........

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Where do I install the Orange plug-in on my phone??? That's the only part I can't figure out.........

A discussion regarding Orange can be found here:

http://www.qusers.co...?...asc&start=0

Edited by waltzb, 24 April 2007 - 02:30 PM.

jdl535

jdl535

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Dash
Thank You

MASIV

MASIV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Q
What can I do to have the time display 24h format on the homescreen? I am using the extreme homescreen and have the phone set to 24h setting.

You have done some great work with this setup.

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

What can I do to have the time display 24h format on the homescreen? I am using the extreme homescreen and have the phone set to 24h setting.

You have done some great work with this setup.

Welcome and thank you. I've commented about changing the clock on the first page here. Also, there is documentation for the RJTime plugin in the file you would have expanded on your computer when you installed it. Just look at the readme and timefmt.html documents for more help. Let me know if you run into any problems.

HTCS620

HTCS620

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:htc s620
Hi waltzb
I have been trying to download your myPhone theme. None of the links work for me. Anyway you or anyone else can point me to one that does work.
Thanks

juanmreyes

juanmreyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Audiovox SMT 5600

Sign me up to! Thanks in Advance.

ashgotti

ashgotti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I definitely would use a portrait version. waiting on SkinProject OS X portrait is no use.

aidensocal

aidensocal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:samsung blackjack
Hi, I read your howto on changing stuff in this theme with the xml file, i have one question (well maybe 2)

I tried to change the "verizon" text on homescreen#1 and i am able to change it just fine the only problem is my carrier is AT&T and when I try to make the & sign, it does not show up and it just underlines the second T. I tried using xml code $amp; and got the same thing, no & and an underlined T ( ATT ) Like that.

Anyways do you know how to make the & sign show up?

On a sidenote how come you did not use the same plugin to post the carrier on the first sceen instead of having it be static text?

Thanks for all your help and great looking theme!

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Hi, I read your howto on changing stuff in this theme with the xml file, i have one question (well maybe 2)

I tried to change the "verizon" text on homescreen#1 and i am able to change it just fine the only problem is my carrier is AT&T and when I try to make the & sign, it does not show up and it just underlines the second T. I tried using xml code $amp; and got the same thing, no & and an underlined T ( ATT ) Like that.

Anyways do you know how to make the & sign show up?

On a sidenote how come you did not use the same plugin to post the carrier on the first sceen instead of having it be static text?

Thanks for all your help and great looking theme!

Thanks. Ok, I've done some checking and it looks like smartmonitor (the plugin that I'm using for that section of the theme) supports only an older standard (it's actually an older plugin) which cannot do the ampersand. Sorry. Didn't know that. Hopefully I can eliminate smartmonitor (and therefore this issue) in the next update of facade.

About the choice to static text, I really wanted the carrier name to appear (like the iPhone) and my carrier (verzion) only shows the text "home service" with the carrier plugin.

Hope that helps.

crossafied

crossafied

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:phones/computer/vidoegames/poker
  • Devices:moto Q on sprint
i installed this theme and i love it...but...it makes my phone run really slow. anyone know what the deal is?

***nevermind i found the other forum...thanks

Edited by crossafied, 15 June 2007 - 07:44 PM.

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

i installed this theme and i love it...but...it makes my phone run really slow. anyone know what the deal is?

***nevermind i found the other forum...thanks

Thanks and yeah there are suggestions given on sbsh's forum for this theme. Actually, I have no problem with slowing on this theme.

trider

trider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710

Sign me up for the portrait version aswell !!

just love the design... great work !!!

BTW: Is it possible to make at buttom that links to TomTom (newer tried to make themes for smartphones)? :)

I'm using the 3.4 version on my HTC S710 (with WM6) - works great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users