DOOM for LANDSCAPE QVGA WM5 devices NOT celldoom or DoomSPV

Guest Lomius

Guest Lomius

I have found through EXTENSIVE use of GOOGLE the ULTIMATE DOOM port for Blackjacks, Q's, and curently the T-Mobile DASH. I say that because it is HARD MAPPED to the CTRL keys that the other mentioned devices do not have. But it runs PERFECT and sound and graphics are AWESOME. I already contacted customer support [email protected] and he is already working on a custom UI to map keys. STAY TUNED.

http://revolution.cx/DoomCE.htm

He responded overnight. AWESOME FIND here guys. Check it out even if you dont have a DASH as this will surely be a TOP DOWNLOAD once it is key mappable.

J-Lo out

• 1 month later...
Guest El Matarife
I have found through EXTENSIVE use of GOOGLE the ULTIMATE DOOM port for Blackjacks, Q's, and curently the T-Mobile DASH. I say that because it is HARD MAPPED to the CTRL keys that the other mentioned devices do not have. But it runs PERFECT and sound and graphics are AWESOME. I already contacted customer support [email protected] and he is already working on a custom UI to map keys. STAY TUNED.

He responded overnight. AWESOME FIND here guys. Check it out even if you dont have a DASH as this will surely be a TOP DOWNLOAD once it is key mappable.

J-Lo out

Great link!

I tried this out on my SPV E650 - it works almost perfectly. Unlike celldoom (which I love) and the various other ports it is FULLY FEATURED! Full screen (almost) QVGA display and an exact copy of the PC version.

Only tip - slide out the E650's keyboard to activate landscape mode BEFORE you load the game, otherwise the display wil be off-centre.

Only problem - could not work out how to say "yes" to quitting the game. On the E650 the "Y" key on the keyboard doubles as the "3" key, so works to activate the shotgun instead...

N.B. It runs a little more slowly than the old celldoom and variants - but is still completely playable. Am tempted to try overclocking the phone a little...

Guest firepacket

this is AMAZING works flawlessly on Moto Q

the only thing it needs is fullscreen and the turn sensitivity is way too slow

strafe would be nice

Guest The_Outlier

This version of Doom runs perfectly on my blackjack. My only concern is that I can't find the button for opening doors. Anyone have any suggestions?

Guest wardo
this is AMAZING works flawlessly on Moto Q

the only thing it needs is fullscreen and the turn sensitivity is way too slow

strafe would be nice

I hope you're still checking the site, but I couldn't find the fire/shoot button. What did you use? Everything else was perfect, speed, sound (finally an app that doesn't run at 100% volume), menu controls, going in and out of the game, everything except the most important control - the one you kill monsters with, and yeah strafe would be nice like DoomSPV.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DJTachyon
I hope you're still checking the site, but I couldn't find the fire/shoot button. What did you use? Everything else was perfect, speed, sound (finally an app that doesn't run at 100% volume), menu controls, going in and out of the game, everything except the most important control - the one you kill monsters with, and yeah strafe would be nice like DoomSPV.

*BUMP* .. how do you shoot? I don't know what the keys are mapped to and I've tried everything. It is not mapped to 'CTRL' .. i just tried changing the registry for that. HELP!

Tachyon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jessy
*BUMP* .. how do you shoot? I don't know what the keys are mapped to and I've tried everything. It is not mapped to 'CTRL' .. i just tried changing the registry for that. HELP!

Tachyon

7 is to shoot and I use space to open doors... The versions of Doom from roozbeh are much better though...

• 3 months later...
Guest caraboy
7 is to shoot and I use space to open doors... The versions of Doom from roozbeh are much better though...

Where can I find versions from roozbeh? Did a search after doom and found a dozen of post. Can you post a link please.

Back to topic:

Works quite well on htc s710. There is one problem, I can`t exit it. I use some keyboard hooks program so I think this is why some buttons do not work for me. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest callme_james

I am using an AT&T 8525 and am trying to figure out how to type in IDDQD. Everytime I press 'Q' it brings up the menue. I also am unable to switch to any weapon higher than the rocket launcher and cannot access the plasma gun or the BFG. On a plus note I discovered that you can straif, I forgot the keys but you must either press shift of the number/symbol button while pressing the proper key.

James

P.S. Can anyone tell me more about roozbeh? The only sites I find on google link me back to this page.

• 5 months later...
Guest natchiketa

Tachyon

On my BlackJack, Num Lock fires. Also, the shift key works as it did in the original, allowing you to run and turn fast. However, I'm in the same boat as The_Outlier though—can't figure out how to open doors. Also, I can't open the menu or quit.

Edited by natchiketa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest sovietinvasion

Runs perfectly for me on my HTC vox0101 BUT- there are hardly any key bindings, I have U,D,L,P, cycle weapons and that virtually it, i dont have a fire key and worst of all - no ESC so I cant even quit the game, or get out of the options screen. Really frustrating as roozbeh's doom doesnt work for me.

Edited by sovietinvasion

Guest darkfire62

Anyone ever resolve how to map the CTRL/Fire button to something else on the T-Mobile Dash? This comes up fine and the speed's great, but it's pretty useless if I can't kill anything. ;-)

T-Mac

• 2 years later...
Guest Pharmako

J-Lo out

What happened here? Post and run?