Pocket Nester Samsung Blackjack Key Problem...Help

Guest budboy23

Guest budboy23

Ok I downloaded and installed pocket nester on my samsung blackjack and put a few roms on there that being one of them Super Mario. The display and sound is fine...the only thing im having problems with is the controls. It won't let me run and jump at the same time...i guess im saying it won't let you click 2 button functions at one time...anyone having this problem>?...anyone with suggestions please help.

• 2 months later...
Guest kraken2003
Ok I downloaded and installed pocket nester on my samsung blackjack and put a few roms on there that being one of them Super Mario. The display and sound is fine...the only thing im having problems with is the controls. It won't let me run and jump at the same time...i guess im saying it won't let you click 2 button functions at one time...anyone having this problem>?...anyone with suggestions please help.

Yeah, this phone is terrible for gaming. I might even return it. The issue isn't pretting two buttons at once, its where those two buttons are. If they are right next to each other then it won't work but it will if you spread them out a bit. This is why you can move and jump at the same. If anyone comes up with a decent way to control with this phone, let us know!

• 6 months later...
Guest natchiketa
Yeah, this phone is terrible for gaming. I might even return it. The issue isn't pretting two buttons at once, its where those two buttons are. If they are right next to each other then it won't work but it will if you spread them out a bit. This is why you can move and jump at the same. If anyone comes up with a decent way to control with this phone, let us know!

Hey guys, I think the issue, unfortunately (and I haven't done enough testing to confirm) is that you may not be able to press more than two buttons at once on the Blackjack.

It would be required for the device to have the capability of pressing two buttons at once (so that you can use the 'Shift' and 'Fn' keys. However, three buttons? Only gamers would care about that. I wonder if the hardware is capable, and it's just WM5 that isn't providing the functionality?

Btw, so funny that I discovered this with the same game (Super Mario), although not surprising!

Edited by natchiketa

• 1 month later...
Guest darknoni

I'm having this same problem. Are there any workarounds or fixes that anyone knows of, or is this just one of those things that nobody can do anything about?

Hey guys, I think the issue, unfortunately (and I haven't done enough testing to confirm) is that you may not be able to press more than two buttons at once on the Blackjack.

It would be required for the device to have the capability of pressing two buttons at once (so that you can use the 'Shift' and 'Fn' keys. However, three buttons? Only gamers would care about that. I wonder if the hardware is capable, and it's just WM5 that isn't providing the functionality?

Btw, so funny that I discovered this with the same game (Super Mario), although not surprising!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tdmoreno

I'm having the same problem and almost want to sell it for a q9h because of this.

I looked in the registry and found some values that may be of some help.

Keys I've found:

1. hkey_current_user then keyboardlayout next toggle and i set hot key to 0= nothing for me

2. hkey_current_user then keyboardlayout next preload and i set to 0= nothing for me

3. hkey_local_machine then hardware next device map then keybd and i switched some of the values but nothing. Alot of these keys could not be changed for me as i was getting an error message that said unable to perform this operation.

I did not reboot the phone after any changes so maybe this would effect changes made to the values.....

None of my changes were sucessful but i thought i would just share the information in hopes that i may lead to some kind of progress on this issue.

Guest tdmoreno

Well i emailed samsung tech support and they emailed me back saying they want me to call in.

I'll call tomorrow afternoon and see if they have anything to say.

Guest tdmoreno

I called samsung and got level 1 tech support... nice lady... she had access to a blackjack2 but she couldn't navigate to different places on the phone without my help <_< Basically she was reading a script off a computer and she said that the inability to press and hold a button and then another was a result of the way that the keyboard is designed. The default behavior of the keyboard when you hold a button is to enter symbols. I then asked if there was any way to disable this on the keyboard and she said i would need level two support and i had to call back tomorrow. Im guessing that they are going to say no....

She wanted me to go through and explain what i wanted to do while she had the phone in her hands. So i decided to try to show her what i meant by creating the same type of input in a text message. One thing i found interesting when trying to explain the behavior to her was that when you hold down a button the symbol appears but then if you continue to hold it and press another button the text of the next letter does get inputted. I find this strange because I would have guessed that nothing would appear because of the lack of action with nester. This leads me to believe that the keyboard is sending info when the second button is being pressed while using nester but that it is not being received..maybe??? is anybody reading this thread? i am just throwing this out there in hopes of getting this figued out...

• 2 months later...
Guest KWolfe81
I called samsung and got level 1 tech support... nice lady... she had access to a blackjack2 but she couldn't navigate to different places on the phone without my help <_< Basically she was reading a script off a computer and she said that the inability to press and hold a button and then another was a result of the way that the keyboard is designed. The default behavior of the keyboard when you hold a button is to enter symbols. I then asked if there was any way to disable this on the keyboard and she said i would need level two support and i had to call back tomorrow. Im guessing that they are going to say no....

She wanted me to go through and explain what i wanted to do while she had the phone in her hands. So i decided to try to show her what i meant by creating the same type of input in a text message. One thing i found interesting when trying to explain the behavior to her was that when you hold down a button the symbol appears but then if you continue to hold it and press another button the text of the next letter does get inputted. I find this strange because I would have guessed that nothing would appear because of the lack of action with nester. This leads me to believe that the keyboard is sending info when the second button is being pressed while using nester but that it is not being received..maybe??? is anybody reading this thread? i am just throwing this out there in hopes of getting this figued out...

I'm just stumbling upon this problem now and am guessing no one has figured anything out. Correct? Anyone?