Opera 8.65 BETA for Windows Mobile RELEASED!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jimbouk

Ok so I played a bit more. Its actually not as fast as PIE (WM6 version) but the screen adaptation is a lot better (ie you can see and fit more than PIE)and flash works better.

But youtube is struggling!

Guest Adam Kwan
post-1-1166712357.png

Thanks to Tim Williams for the TIPoff... Opera 8.65 BETA for Windows Mobile has been released!

Available for immediate download from the Opera for Windows Mobile download area, version 8.65 adds a whole host of new features, and is the first to combine Smartphone and Pocket PC support into one common version. The main Opera Mobile site will be updated shortly.

"The Opera 8.65 mobile Web browser for Windows Mobile is designed with speed and ease-of-use in mind. The version is available for Microsoft Smartphones and PocketPC's, WM 5 and WM 2003."

Please remember this is a Beta release, so if it sleeps with your wife / kicks your dog etc. you can only hold yourself responsible. ;)

New features include:

That's in addition to the already considerable list of features:

Enjoy!

P

Downloaded, installed, won't launch :D

'Not enough storage available to process this command' no matter what I try!

P

Anyone saw a very small words" The Test Version beta will expire in 1st June, 2007" after installed this Opera 8.65 BETA for Windows Mobile 2003SE or WM 5.0 for Smartphone or PPC phone Edition ??? I wonder this Opera 8.65 beta for WM have a "Time Limit"!

Guest quangdx
Over what speed connection quangdx?

P

i was using it with wifi and my home dsl 1meg line.

but i don't think that matters, as i let the clip load completely before trying to play it.

so the clip would be playing from the phones memory cache.

Guest thenext1

If I choose to download a file to the storage card, Opera freezes the whole phone after a maximum of 10 seconds.

If I download it into internal memory, everything goes fine.

This on an iMate SP5m.

Did someone other experience this problem? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest smeg36

Not sure if it's unified, but I'm using the 8.65 beta on my Motorola Q. It does have quite a few bugs, and I've uninstalled it because of that. But I started missing it after a few hours and reinstalled it. Hopefully they fix the bugs for the full release.

Guest Sogarth
Not sure if it's unified, but I'm using the 8.65 beta on my Motorola Q. It does have quite a few bugs, and I've uninstalled it because of that. But I started missing it after a few hours and reinstalled it. Hopefully they fix the bugs for the full release.

You've filed bugs, then, right? Hard for them to fix bugs if they don't know they exist! ;)

Guest mikeeey
On PPC. I'm pretty sure there isnt a SP release of Opera browser? (Didnt see one but didnt look...)

well im using the sp one lol. only bug ive seen is the entire phone will freeze and u need to take out your battery...not bad eh? lol. im sure that will be fixed soon tho

Guest thenext1
well im using the sp one lol. only bug ive seen is the entire phone will freeze and u need to take out your battery...not bad eh? lol. im sure that will be fixed soon tho
Me too... when you download something to the storage card... it starts to slow down, then it completely freezes... isn't it this that plagues you too?

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.