Bluetooth Car Kit experience to share?

Guest Stepir

Guest Stepir

Hello,

I'm coming from a terrible experience with my HTC TYTN and my bluetooth car kit (Audi Q7). As I really need bluetooth hands-free fixed (and with HTC it's not possibile, at least with my device) and I cannot change car:) I've deviced to look for another phone. The samsung would fit my need, as it is pretty similar in specs to tytn:

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?partner=modaco&i=140665

Does anyone have been able to make the samsung work with a bluetooth car kit? hads-free config? were you able to browse you contact list (sap profile working)? does you have battery and signals level reported on you car kit?

Many TIA for helping me to not waste again a toon of money!

Guest MadSci

I don't have any experience with a hands-free car kit, although I would also like to get some input on good ones.

I have had 2 different sterio headsets operate perfectly with my BlackJack in hands-free mode, both for handling incoming/outgoing calls and music.

So I would expect that the BlackJack would at least interface and function well with a hands-free car kit, leaving the car kit to be responsible for call and voice quality.

MadSci

Guest Stepir
I don't have any experience with a hands-free car kit, although I would also like to get some input on good ones.

I have had 2 different sterio headsets operate perfectly with my BlackJack in hands-free mode, both for handling incoming/outgoing calls and music.

So I would expect that the BlackJack would at least interface and function well with a hands-free car kit, leaving the car kit to be responsible for call and voice quality.

MadSci

Thank for the reply!

Guest Tomas Kocanda

Hi,

JETware Mobile Software is working on new version of their BT software kit, what at the moment is not working with MS Audio Gateway implemented in SGH i600/i607 phones.

So, as far, as I know, none advanced car kits will display phone contacts, missed calls etc...

I tested i600 (euro version) with three different car kits and with Garmin Zumo. But we are not alone, Nokia N73 has the same problem for example...

Tomas

• 2 weeks later...
Guest conan_troutman

This may be a lil off topic but I do hope this helps

Imate (PVT) actual do their own car kit with hot swappable cradles or BT interface I have one for my Qtek 8310( Imate SP5)

the problem I find with all BT car kits is although I can activate voice dialing via MS voice command ( this can be doen with BT headset also and with a registry change can be done with VC ib=nstalled to the SDcard) the thing I find lacking most in BT carkits is the ability to maintain the audiogate way open to allow directions from TomTom to be put throuhg the Car kit speakers.

which is why I have the BT cradle for every day journeys such as work and back, and the i can hot swap it for the dedicated tornado cradle plugin my phone a get directions via the carkit speaker whils still listening to the car radion on those juorneys where the aid of Sat Nav is needed.

Guest Pagemakers
Hello,

I'm coming from a terrible experience with my HTC TYTN and my bluetooth car kit (Audi Q7). As I really need bluetooth hands-free fixed (and with HTC it's not possibile, at least with my device) and I cannot change car:) I've deviced to look for another phone. The samsung would fit my need, as it is pretty similar in specs to tytn:

Does anyone have been able to make the samsung work with a bluetooth car kit? hads-free config? were you able to browse you contact list (sap profile working)? does you have battery and signals level reported on you car kit?

I use my i600 with a Visor Lite with no problems.

Guest conan_troutman

Installed BLUEMUSIC

and now I can use the BT adapter on my carkit and have TomTom routed through the carkit not as loud as when in the proper cradle but works none the less

Guest Ingo1004

Same problem here with i600 and my BMW 5 Series (E60, 2006, NaviPro).

i600 will pair and making phone calls (number dialled manually) is possible, no disconnects or whatever but no phonebook :-(

Any news?

Cheers

Ingo

Guest Tomas Kocanda

i600 will pair and making phone calls (number dialled manually) is possible, no disconnects or whatever but no phonebook :-(

Any news?

Cheers

Ingo

You can try to select contact, send it BT device using beam feature. In works sometimes, but it´s real pain. Nokia N73 (and others with problems with carkit) can send all contacts at once (select all - sent all) but this is not our option with WM5.

Guest Stepir
You can try to select contact, send it BT device using beam feature. In works sometimes, but it´s real pain. Nokia N73 (and others with problems with carkit) can send all contacts at once (select all - sent all) but this is not our option with WM5.

Thanks for all your replies :rolleyes:

My new I600 work smooth with my audi car kit. No disconnection at all, Will wait for the newer version of jetware to have phonebook support :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest troma

Any news?

Cheers

Ingo

Hi Ingo,

I'm not able to connect my i600 with my BMW 5 series (2007, NaviPro). It worked the first time I paired the i600 with my BMW, but the connection was disabled the next time I started the car. Since then, I'm not able to pair the devices. Any suggestions?

ciao,

Benno

Guest MitchellO

I have a Nokia CK-1W and it doesn't work terribly well. I get good sound, but the other end of the call gets a really annoying echo. Same thing with every phone I have tried except Nokia.

I have a Parrot LS3200 carkit waiting to be installed, will hopefully get it installed in the next few days and stick the Nokia kit on eBay. Great carkit, but only for Nokia phones.

Guest vasylek

Hi!

I have i 600 and Parrot ck3100. I have found the following way to export the phonebook by "object push". First instal Total Commander for Windows Mobile. If i600 is your new telephone, you must have somewhere the contacts from your old telephone as separate v-cards ( I used to save the Nokia phonebook this way). Copy these contacts to sd card. Open Total Commander, mark all contacts ( by pressing caps shift and scrolling). Then right click and choose send by bluetooth / beam ( the option is only effective when telephone is paired with BT set). The contacts are beeng copied then. It took about 1 minute to copy my 400 contacts. Not "one by one" - all of them at once.

The audio quality is good as far as the samsung voume is turned to the maximum and BT kit volume is low.

I have two problems with BT car kit and plese help me somebody if you can. First: when answering the phone, it takes 2-3 seconds before voice of the calling person (or mine) is beeing heard. Second, worse: phone must NOT have it's keyboard locked, otherwise I can't use voice commands to dial the number ( but I can still answer the phone). Any ideas?

Thanks, Vasylek

Edited by vasylek

Guest conan_troutman

can not help with the first one...but the second I may be able to help with...i am not totally sure what the phone you use is in reguards to it being a PPC or smartphone...if it is a smartphone you can install maniacs autokeylock (freeware) and you can then with some nifty reg edits make certain buttons not be locked by the key lock(- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/maniac/AutoKeylock/Screensaver in the registry- create a REG_BINARY value named "ScreensaverDisableKeys" there incert the numbers that identify the keys )

....on my Qtek 8310 I have the volume up (70) and record buttton (79)excluded so I can use VC and hear the time (double press of volume up key)

but to be honest I would have thought that the VC would work with a press from one of the buttons on the car kit does on mine whether the phone is key locked or not....VC must be installed to the main memory or if installed to the memory card use the following reg edit to make VC via BT work

copy vcbthag.dll file from \Storage Card\Program Files\Voice Command\ to the \windows directory

open registry editor to: HKLM\software\microsoft\bluetooth\audiogateway\

- edit the key: BTAGExtModule

- set the value to \windows\vcbthag.dll

power down your device and reboot

Guest TerryMathews
but to be honest I would have thought that the VC would work with a press from one of the buttons on the car kit does on mine whether the phone is key locked or not....VC must be installed to the main memory or if installed to the memory card use the following reg edit to make VC via BT work

copy vcbthag.dll file from \Storage Card\Program Files\Voice Command\ to the \windows directory

open registry editor to: HKLM\software\microsoft\bluetooth\audiogateway\

- edit the key: BTAGExtModule

- set the value to \windows\vcbthag.dll

power down your device and reboot

Have you tried this specifically with the Blackjack/i600, or is this just a generic VC + BT fix?

Guest conan_troutman

as I said I dont know much about the phone you use but the should be a generic fix...works on my qtek and others have reported it working too...please read it carefully though this is to get it working if it isinstalled on the sd card it if it does nt work when installed to main memory the fix will not work for the sd card

Guest vasylek

Terry ! Could you please tell me, which keys should be unlocked to make the car kit working? And where con I find the key numbers?

PS Maniacs Autokeylock works on i600.

Thanks, V

Edited by vasylek

Guest 17-APG
Hello,

Hi,

I have just got the Audi RS4 and I guess it has the same basic phone preparation (BT) as yours. I currently use an imate SP5 and it connects and works fine. I can see the phone book on the display after a few minutes. The only gripe I have is that it will take only 500 entries into its memory and I have 800 contacts in my phone with about 1500 telephone entries.

There seems to be many issues on bluetooth connectivity around and I wonder would it be an idea for Modaco to have a seperate section on bluetooth and car kits...

Guest MitchellO

Well today I got my Parrot LS3200 installed in my car and so far so good. Only used it for about 5mins calls and 2hrs total so far, but it seems to work pretty well with my i600. Dialing numbers from the screen on the carkit works just fine too. Haven't tried uploading contacts to it yet.

Hello,

I have just put a scoshe bluetooth car kit in my honda to stream satellite music and it works great. The only problem i am having right now is trying to make a call. it will answer OK but to make a call I have to toggle of my BT and manually dial it. I am still checking it out since I just installed it Sunday. I love having my satellite music coming through my stereo speakers.

Guest MitchellO
Mitchello !

And when the keypad is locked can you still dial the numbers from the Parrot 3200 ?

V

Yes I can. Tried it yesterday. I beamed my most-called contacts over to the carkit, and can dial them either using the carkits built-in voice recognition (which works better than the Samsung one, but needs training for each contact) or manually selecting them and clicking call.

The 3200LS really is very good. Expect a review on Gear Diary soon!

UPDATE: Tried it again today dialing while the keypad was locked didn't work. I must have had it unlocked and didn't realise.

Edited by MitchellO