- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

gudz90

gudz90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Yes it does, now have it working correctly and resolved the problem I had with the backlight not timing out

Can you elaborate on how your cured this? Mine is doing the same.

pdavisno1

pdavisno1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:SPV E650

Can you elaborate on how your cured this? Mine is doing the same.

You need to edit the registry, see thread below

http://www.modaco.co...howtopic=254042

Torchwood

Torchwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:SPV E650

Hi, I have recently upgraded to the E650 and I have to say its ace. However there is a little niggle I have with it and wondered if a fellow user of the phone could help me out? The problem appears to be in the Sounds section of the Phone Start > Settings > 2 Sounds. In sounds there is Reminders (2nd down) which allows you to set a tone for 'Reminders' you may have. On my device it doesn't let you hear the Tones it offers within 'Reminders' but it does in the other section i.e. Ring Tone, New Email etc, etc. Is this a fault with the phone or does other E650's not allow you to hear these tones also within 'Reminders'?

Also if anyone knows of something I should do to correct this then please advise. I wondered if it may have something to do with the fact I don't have a SD card installed.

Thanks

Steve

I've had this problem but found that setting 'reminders' to 'on' in the silent profile fixes the problem. Don't know why but would apper to be a bug.

T

Madcav

Madcav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung D600
Morning all, newbie calling! Found this site via an internet search and looks very good with plenty of useful advice.
Cutting to the chase I fancy an SPV E650, could someone please tell me if they come with a built in sat nav receiver? I asked Orange, one person said yes, two said no, and one suggested it was between £100-£200!
Also can't seem to find whether it has video recording and what type of ring tones are available plus whether it has an MP3 player. Sorry for all the q's but any advice very greatfully received, thanks in advance.

Metoo

Metoo

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Morning all, newbie calling! Found this site via an internet search and looks very good with plenty of useful advice.
Cutting to the chase I fancy an SPV E650, could someone please tell me if they come with a built in sat nav receiver? I asked Orange, one person said yes, two said no, and one suggested it was between £100-£200!
Also can't seem to find whether it has video recording and what type of ring tones are available plus whether it has an MP3 player. Sorry for all the q's but any advice very greatfully received, thanks in advance.

Welcome to the site.
Satnav - no, but you can get perfecly good SiRFIII bluetooth receivers for around £30 - I don't see the sense in paying more. Navigation software will cost you £60-70.
Video - yes, but only at a lowly 176x144
Ringtones - you can use polyphonic MID or MP3 so the choice is yours
MP3 player - yes - Windows Media Player is built in. The only gotcha is that the headphone socket is proprietary, which means either using an ExtUSB adapter or bluetooth headphones.

Edited by Metoo, 13 July 2007 - 09:22 AM.

Madcav

Madcav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Welcome to the site.
Satnav - no, but you can get perfecly good SiRFIII bluetooth receivers for around £30 - I don't see the sense in paying more. Navigation software will cost you £60-70.
Video - yes, but only at a lowly 176x144
Ringtones - you can use polyphonic MID or MP3 so the choice is yours
MP3 player - yes - Windows Media Player is built in. The only gotcha is that the headphone socket is proprietary, which means either using an ExtUSB adapter or bluetooth headphones.

Wow, many thanks for the quick and informative response. Sorry to ask yet more questions but if I got a SiRFIIIbluetooth receiver (presumably from the bay of madness) would this phone support sat nav if I bought the download? Oh, I presume I can listen to MP3 without headphones though, just going through the phone's built in speaker as normal?
Many thanks once again, much appreciated.

Madcav

Madcav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Got the phone today and so far impressions are good. Now, another question (you'll be sick of me soon!): I have Tom Tom Navigator 3 for my pocket pc. Can I run this on the E650 please? Thanks and regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users