Photo

Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

xippon

xippon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i600
Mizzle:
"I noticed that the filesizes you posted are different, what version are you on with these files above? Just curious and thanks for your help!"

I got rom from xda and pdafrance, maby the compression of file are different, but rom works fine. I'm glad that everything is ok.
Like I mentioned before, my current version are:

"PDA: i600XXGC6
Phone: i600PMGC5
H/W: MP 1.502

Bluetooth
S/W: i60x.002
H/W: Rev 2.0

Wlan
S/W: 1.0.5.0
H/W: 1.0.0

(Eboot version: i600XXGC6)

OS 5.1.525 (buil 15363.3.4.3)
Radio Version i600PMGC5
RIL Version 2.002"

Samuel Chan:
"After flash my i600 with this ROM, my "Picsel Viewer" was expired. When open my Excel files, it displayed "Your license to use Picsel Viewer has expired. Picsel viewer will now close"."

Try to load patch I600XXGC6 that I posted, it will bring back Picsel Viewer.

Mizzle

Mizzle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SGH-i600

I got rom from xda and pdafrance, maby the compression of file are different, but rom works fine. I'm glad that everything is ok.
Like I mentioned before, my current version are:

PDA: i600XXGC6
Phone: i600PMGC5
H/W: MP 1.502

Bluetooth
S/W: i60x.002
H/W: Rev 2.0

Wlan
S/W: 1.0.5.0
H/W: 1.0.0

(Eboot version: i600XXGC6)

OS 5.1.525 (buil 15363.3.4.3)
Radio Version i600PMGC5
RIL Version 2.002"

After flashing, almost everything is the same for me, except for the Phone and radio version: these are also running version i600XXGC6. Isn't that strange? Let me know if you want to try that one too...

Edited by Mizzle, 01 May 2007 - 10:22 AM.

jafangie

jafangie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Edited by jafangie, 04 May 2007 - 04:45 PM.

jafangie

jafangie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello everybody,

I have exactly the same problem.

I have just flashed from a French version (I600GCXX4) on my SGH-i600 to a USA operator download v1.2 (SGH-i607) for Xcingular Blackjack.

Why you may ask... I just wanted to see the I 607 version 's differences before to flash with the I600GCXX6.

During the flash process, everything was OK. The 3 digit counter kept running, before i removed the battery.

Now, I lost the wifi, all the sound, the bluetooth etc....

Also, I can not connect at all, no Activesync, no explorer.... Nothing.

When I try the Bootloader mode, I have only :
*USB Downloader-Xcingular V1.2
[Phone] Active OFF

I have tried to download the modem driver and lot of things but I can do nothing. The phone is not detected by my computer on USB. :rolleyes:

I think that I have to replace the boot loader! Perhaps with the MicroSD.... :P

Can someone please help me!

In advance thanks a lot

Jafangie

Edited by jafangie, 04 May 2007 - 04:53 PM.

MaxT

MaxT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:null

Hello everybody,

I have exactly the same problem.

I have just flashed from a French version (I600GCXX4) on my SGH-i600 to a USA operator download v1.2 (SGH-i607) for Xcingular Blackjack.

Why you may ask... I just wanted to see the I 607 version 's differences before to flash with the I600GCXX6.

During the flash process, everything was OK. The 3 digit counter kept running, before i removed the battery.

Now, I lost the wifi, all the sound, the bluetooth etc....

Also, I can not connect at all, no Activesync, no explorer.... Nothing.

I have tried to download the modem driver and lot of things but I can do nothing. The phone is not detected by my computer on USB. :rolleyes:

I think that I have to replace the boot loader! Perhaps with the MicroSD.... :P

Can someone please help me!

In advance thanks a lot

Jafangie

Hi,i have same problem,
yesterday i flash my i600 to cingular rom.
Now my i600 normal boot,but promptly stretch out.
when i try boot mode,i have too Xcingular 1.2 and this is all.Phone not connected to PC .

Sorry for my bad englisch
heeeelp me please and thanks

Mizzle

Mizzle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
As far as I know, the Cingular i607/Blackjack looks similar to the i600 but it is a completely different phone! I doesn't have WiFi and uses a different HSDPA frequency than the European i600. It is a Cingular branded type... So not very wise to flash an i600 with an i607 ROM. Best thing you can do is probably flash it back with a ROM mentioned in this thread, which is difficult when its connection isn't detected.... I wouldn't know how to help actually.

Little Bee

Little Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:sgh-i600

Hi,i have same problem,
when i try boot mode,i have too Xcingular 1.2 and this is all.Phone not connected to PC .

HELLO EVERYONE,

I have got the same problem after flashing my i600 with i607 ROM, but I think if we can change the bootloader from Xcingular 1.2 back to Open 1.1 that will solve the problem. Is there any method to boot the machine from Micro-SD even without USB connection? Is there any special key to trigger it boot from Micro-SD?

Secondly, my phone still booting to show the AT&T logo and then shows "GoodBye" and Power Off. Sometimes, it shows the "Start" button for a while before it powers off automatically. Can I use some key to avoid it auto power off and let me to do something inside the windows mobile OS?

Thanks, Martin

Little Bee

Little Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi,i have same problem,

HELLO EVERYONE :rolleyes: ,

I have got the same problem after flashing my i600 with i607 ROM, but I think if we can change the bootloader from Xcingular 1.2 back to Open 1.1 that will solve the problem. Is there any method to boot the machine from Micro-SD even without USB connection? Is there any special key to trigger it boot from Micro-SD?

Secondly, my phone still booting to show the AT&T logo and then shows "GoodBye" and Power Off. Sometimes, it shows the "Start" button for a while before it powers off automatically. Can I use some key to avoid it auto power off and let me to do something inside the windows mobile OS?

Thanks, Martin

jafangie

jafangie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi Martin,
You have this problem because your phone is off.... I don't know why, but when you go into the "Wireless MAnager" and turn off "Phone", the phone becomes off of course... But after we cant turn on!.
I find only one solution to start it again, it is a hard reset. (when your phone is off: up + power, then press 1 and "y").
I also agree with you for replace the boot.
I am also looking with the registry to try connect it with activesync... but actually without success....
If you find something, please tell us here... 4 days already I made this error!!!!
Thanx a lot!
Jafangie.
Sorry for my very bad English!

neilg

neilg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Boats, Cars
hi all,

thanks for the help, performed an upgrade which I hope will sort out my HSDPA issues.....mine started off life in portugese language after the flash and some of the system messages are still that way even after chaging in the regional settgins - not the end of the world though if it sorts my connectivity problems!

Cheers
n

Stepir

Stepir

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

After flash my i600 with this ROM, my "Picsel Viewer" was expired. When open my Excel files, it displayed "Your license to use Picsel Viewer has expired. Picsel viewer will now close".

Is it normal? Anybody got the same problem?

mine as well... how do I fix it?

trapper02

trapper02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Blackjack
I installed this ROm and now i can no longer connect my phone to my PC using the USB, the computer wont even reconize it. Anyone have this problem or some answers for me?

Little Bee

Little Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi All,

For my i600 which has flashed with i607 rom, actually I won't able to use its user interface within the OS, because it will power off automatically and I cannot prevent it to auto power off. Will there any key combination to stop it auto power off?

I heard that there is a debuy mode on it. By pressing "Power" + "Left soft key" + "Camera" keys to launch the debug mode. It will prompt to press 0 or Space to enter configuration. Do you know how to make use of this debug mode to save the phone?

Thank you very very much!!!

Best Regards,

Martin Wong

VoodooBOB

VoodooBOB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i600, Imate Jam

This work on i600. Please don't try it on different device than i600 !! It will not work on i607

@humaxnet:

To enter flash mode / boot mode in i600 you must firt tunr off device,
Then press three keys "power" + "right soft key" + "camera key / back key"

Shown on the picture:
Posted Image

New software

Tip:
To format device: turn off, press "up key" + "power"

@chucky.egg

New rom image for i600 i found on xda forum (tested and work fine) can be download from:

Rom i600 Rev15_XXGA2

I assume this can be flashed on any i600 (South Africa) as long as my version is lower.

DaGGeRRz

DaGGeRRz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

HELLO EVERYONE :rolleyes: ,

Thanks, Martin

Hehe, I was curious too and did the excact opposite of you - flashed a i607 with a i600 ROM. The device boots fine but cannot find the phone hardware and USB connections don't work anymore (either from the bootloader or via ActiveSync).

Trying to replace the Open 1.1 loader with Xcingular 1.2. Have you had any success yet?

lynxstan

lynxstan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Does the I600XXGC6 version support RTSP video streaming?

My i600 with this version does seem to work

Thanks

VoodooBOB

VoodooBOB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i600, Imate Jam
Do you guys also have pocket MSN missing? Does XXGC6 have it in?

Checked the version on my phone and it is running JC4.

Mizzle

Mizzle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Does the I600XXGC6 version support RTSP video streaming?

What's that?

Do you guys also have pocket MSN missing? Does XXGC6 have it in?

Yes. It's available in XXGC6.

promer

promer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

After flashing, almost everything is the same for me, except for the Phone and radio version: these are also running version i600XXGC6. Isn't that strange? Let me know if you want to try that one too...

Hi,
I have ROM :
PDA i600XXGA2
Phone i600XXGA2
H/W MP 1.502

I was trying few times to flash with the ROM version all of you are using and I still have this same version, also my operator settings are still the same, looks that I can't reload device from the scratch - can anybody help me ?

promer

promer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
does anybody knows how to overcame operator settings on unlocked phone ? whenever I'm flashing with new ROM I'm still on old version. and operators Internet (and other) settings are unchanged. I think this is due to CID lock. I need CID removal tool.....

Edited by promer, 12 May 2007 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users