Photo

Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

Raybiez

Raybiez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i600
I have upgraded my i600 (I600JCGE1) to I600UXXGG2. I did this after asking Samsung South Africa whether an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 will be made available here. Their response was "never".

But now they did release an upgrade now. Is it possible to replace the ROM on my phone with this new ROM?

ariaziz79

ariaziz79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:i600, nokia n82
hi guys , i hav i600 with version i600jpgh2, when i want to upgrade to wm6 it say to m check version , plz help

X-Ray A4T

X-Ray A4T

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I900 Omnia
I did the same but why bother? The only difference is that it will have GPRS/3G settings for Vodacom/MTN/CellC which is simple enough to enter manually and if a new firmware ever comes out again it will take the same 12 months for a SA version to come out.

I have upgraded my i600 (I600JCGE1) to I600UXXGG2. I did this after asking Samsung South Africa whether an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 will be made available here. Their response was "never".

But now they did release an upgrade now. Is it possible to replace the ROM on my phone with this new ROM?

I900 Omnia JCHH1 (African...should I flash to European like I did my I600?)

jmra82

jmra82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:samsung i600

Yes its the rapidshare link in wiki, its really simple, i was also really afraid of turning my phone into a brick, first u install the modem givin with XXGD1, then u turn off ur phone and plug it in, ( make sure u turned off ActiveSync (CTRL+ALT+DEL, then kill WCESCOMM.EXE process)) then u open the uploader, turn on ur phone in downloader mode ( power+RSK+other RSK) once the phone is ready, click start!

For the WM6, just follw panateo's instructions and i think all the links are for the same file, but i installed it without a prob whatsoever

The rar file from the rapidshare link is protected by a password, how can i get the password? there's a txt file but that too is protected....HELP PLEASE!!!!

callumogrady

callumogrady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:WM5 ATom
for all the Aussies:

I had a Vodafone i600

I did all the steps and upgraded to

European WM5-Firmware i600XXGD1 "No-Brand"[1]

then after using it for a while ( its wayyy better with no branding )

I did the full upgrade to WM6

European WM6-Firmware i600UXXGG2 "No-Brand"[2]

Works great and WLM is amazing!

all those worried about bricking and what not just upgrade its sooooo easy and I'm a noob

if you need any help pm me

kaylo

kaylo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i600 BlackJack
Does anybody know where i can get the i600JCGC4 firmware for the SGH-i600 ? Im from South Africa and upgraded to the European version. As mentioned above they have now released WM6 for South Africa and I need to flash with old firmware in order to upgrade to the South African version of WM6. I am on MTN and find my Internet connectivity is very unstable since I have upgraded to the European firmware with WM6. I wanna see if I go back to old firmware and the South African release of WM6 whether it is more stable.

Come one someone must have i600JCGC4 lying around somewhere.. pleeaaaaaase :-)

zeka16

zeka16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

How to make proper upgrade my i600 device to WM6Standard

1) First, you need to upgrade i600 to XXGD1 version

- download XXGD1 update, unpack file i600XXGD1_REV15.exe
- if it's your first upgrade, you should install samsung modem driver
- connect usb cable to PC, ActiveSync must find device,
- go to options and disable: usb connection

i can´t find the option to disable usb connection...

what do i do?

there is one option were i have to choose between active sync or mass storage...is there it?

do i choose mass storage?

Edited by zeka16, 14 October 2008 - 08:08 PM.

Mysterious Stranger

Mysterious Stranger

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Devices:Acer dual sim thingy..

i can´t find the option to disable usb connection...

what do i do?

there is one option were i have to choose between active sync or mass storage...is there it?

do i choose mass storage?

Disable it within activesync on your computer. Read the instructions that come with the file!!!!

M.S

zeka16

zeka16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Disable it within activesync on your computer. Read the instructions that come with the file!!!!

M.S

i thought it was an option on the i600...my bad...

Edited by zeka16, 14 October 2008 - 09:40 PM.

zeka16

zeka16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

How to make proper upgrade my i600 device to WM6Standard

II. Changing phone version to Netherlands (panateo method discovered)

- type on phone *#1546792*# (or run hidden program in WindowsAdminSettings.exe) to get to admin settings menu
- chose option "Preconfiguration"
- type password: *#81230*#
- select country: Netherlands
- select operator: Vodafone

Done, phone will reset.

on my current i600BBGA2 I can't find the option "Preconfiguration" after typing *#1546792*#...

is this option only available on i600XXGD1 or am I looking on the wrong place?

PS: sorry about the double post...

Edited by zeka16, 15 October 2008 - 07:29 PM.

ups

ups

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

on my current i600BBGA2 I can't find the option "Preconfiguration" after typing *#1546792*#...

is this option only available on i600XXGD1 or am I looking on the wrong place?

PS: sorry about the double post...

I think it is an option only on XXGD1.

Just follow the instructions carefully step by step and you will have no problems.

raaul

raaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:i600
finaly vodafone theme was replaced by the new cool one...still have to install wm6. tnx for your help.
only one question....can i put the wifi on the main screen because i can't find a shortcut too acces wifi from the "homepage".
tnx .
(i'm used to quick acces wifi...and i do;t find on the new cardweel)

raaul

raaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
how can i unninstal some wm6 components tha are unuseful to me..like windows live, msn, picsview......

Shennlon

Shennlon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:i900-Omnia
Hawe you not Slovakia room? Or new Czech?

Edited by Shennlon, 29 November 2008 - 07:48 PM.

glucklichstas

glucklichstas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry if this question has been asked in the forum, nemogli would you suggest I might install wm6 with a memory card on the i600? if so, what combination keypad? and another question: people who set on i6a0 rom from the i607, as you have your phone repaired? I have it just as you do not include ((((( look forward to your help) B) plzzzzzzzzzz

nabyl23

nabyl23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I think it should works, even if never tried by myself.. it worked from operator branded to non branded ROM, so it should be the same with your version..

hello dude i having the same problem that u have. i got a Asia i600. was u able to update it to wm6. if so could u please give me a help. upgrading mine, do we have to flash it with the Europe version gd1 first and update to wm6 or is there a Asia wm6. B)

nkduy

nkduy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The European WM6-Firmware i600UXXGG2 file on rapidshare was deleted, please upload it again.

Thanks.

docgelo

docgelo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:O2 Graphite

The European WM6-Firmware i600UXXGG2 file on rapidshare was deleted, please upload it again.

Thanks.

yes please somebody upload and share the firmware with us. thanks!

s3mtex

s3mtex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Thanks.

Yes, i have recently buy a samsung i600 with WM5 and i miss the official upgrade. Can anybody help us please?! Thanks!

Rista

Rista

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:qtek 8310
Help,

after upgrade my device,wich heave qwertz keys, now when i type y , on screen apears z, how to back regular keys to work, i try everthing,

Sorry for my bad english!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users