Help with application unlock

Guest ovcrash

Guest ovcrash

Hi,

I just bought the HTC S621 from Rogers in Canada. The S621 is exactly the same as the Dash and S620.

I tried to install Route66 Navigator 7 and it give me a error; it sayed that it couldn't modify certain registery key. So i tried to application unlock my HTC with all the available software/fix on here and on the net.

but nothing worked.

Is there a solution? Someone as already have this problem with a Rogers HTC S621??

I don't really need the phone to be fully unlocked, juste application unlock.

If anyone could help, that would be great.

Thanks for your time.

Guest excaliberXHTC
Hi,

I just bought the HTC S621 from Rogers in Canada. The S621 is exactly the same as the Dash and S620.

I tried to install Route66 Navigator 7 and it give me a error; it sayed that it couldn't modify certain registery key. So i tried to application unlock my HTC with all the available software/fix on here and on the net.

but nothing worked.

Is there a solution? Someone as already have this problem with a Rogers HTC S621??

I don't really need the phone to be fully unlocked, juste application unlock.

If anyone could help, that would be great.

Thanks for your time.

I also have the Rogers S621 and what I had to do was PAY to have it SIM and CID unlocked from http://www.imei-check.co.uk/dashunlock.php like EVERYONE else will have to pay for it...

Then I flashed the rom to an HTC Excalibur and then I was finally able to do the application unlock... I was NOT able to do the application unlock before the flash and I was NOT able to flash it before I unlocked it either.

Have any questions let me know because I was unable to find anyone else on Rogers to do this... I'm sure some have but I couldn't find help haha.

Guest mactac
I also have the Rogers S621 and what I had to do was PAY to have it SIM and CID unlocked from http://www.imei-check.co.uk/dashunlock.php like EVERYONE else will have to pay for it...

Then I flashed the rom to an HTC Excalibur and then I was finally able to do the application unlock... I was NOT able to do the application unlock before the flash and I was NOT able to flash it before I unlocked it either.

Have any questions let me know because I was unable to find anyone else on Rogers to do this... I'm sure some have but I couldn't find help haha.

I also have a rogers phone & spent a lot of time on the phone with rogers regarding push email etc etc....

I was also told that MMS is not supported by the phone properly & you cannot receive images from other users (do you find this as well?)

"Then I flashed the rom to an HTC Excalibur" --- where did you get this? how?

also, rogers told me that my phone is indeed application unlucked. your wasn't?

any differences/advantages to flashing to HTC?

Guest excaliberXHTC
I also have a rogers phone & spent a lot of time on the phone with rogers regarding push email etc etc....

I was also told that MMS is not supported by the phone properly & you cannot receive images from other users (do you find this as well?)

"Then I flashed the rom to an HTC Excalibur" --- where did you get this? how?

also, rogers told me that my phone is indeed application unlucked. your wasn't?

any differences/advantages to flashing to HTC?

You can send MMS but you cannot receive them on a Rogers WM5 device... They want you to use the e-mail and make money off of you. When you get MMS you have to go to the Rogers mypix site and get your pictures.

To flash it go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=288230

read the WHOLE first post at least because you do have to CHANGE the keyboard layout back to English (if you use english....)

Just do everything it says and you will be fine.

As far as differences... There is a couple small things like a "folder here or folder there" that's in a different place than on the Rogers ROM but nothing that will bother you in the least.

Also keep an eye out on that forum since windows mobile 6 full version is coming out soon and since it's new you will probably want it like I do.

Guest mactac
You can send MMS but you cannot receive them on a Rogers WM5 device... They want you to use the e-mail and make money off of you. When you get MMS you have to go to the Rogers mypix site and get your pictures.

To flash it go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=288230

read the WHOLE first post at least because you do have to CHANGE the keyboard layout back to English (if you use english....)

Just do everything it says and you will be fine.

As far as differences... There is a couple small things like a "folder here or folder there" that's in a different place than on the Rogers ROM but nothing that will bother you in the least.

Also keep an eye out on that forum since windows mobile 6 full version is coming out soon and since it's new you will probably want it like I do.

ok, thanks. the whole mms thing is a pain, because people do send me a lot of stuff & it takes about 10 clicks on the mypix site to see what someone sent you & it's not very mobile-friendly at all.

do i have to re-setup any passwords or anything like that (rogers login) after i flash? also, is the rogers OS available anywhere in case i need to go back?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KINGLIFER
ok, thanks. the whole mms thing is a pain, because people do send me a lot of stuff & it takes about 10 clicks on the mypix site to see what someone sent you & it's not very mobile-friendly at all.

do i have to re-setup any passwords or anything like that (rogers login) after i flash? also, is the rogers OS available anywhere in case i need to go back?

Good question I just got this crap too. Pish taking it back.

Guest prince_aidin

In response to the MMS thing I havent had a problem recieving or sending them. Basically how it works is that when you get a message it says download time expired or something like that you have to force the phone to do the download. YOu click the right soft key and I believe, (dont quote me on this), there will be an option download anyway or something like that, and it will download the MMS like anyother regular handset and then your good to go. It is a pain the ass though how that works.

Did anyone find any benifit of unlocking the phone?