HTC Vox Delayed Till 3rd May

Guest creamhackered

Guest Amplificator

It got released today and was available in the stores here in Denmark.

Simply because Expansys can't get it before may doesn't mean that it's delayed because Orange got it first - that's ridiculous, please get your facts straight.

The Danish version of Expansys is waaaaay overpriced too.

Edited by Amplificator

Guest Amplificator
Where did you see it in Denmark ?? At what price?

http://mobilpriser.dk/index.php?page=103&a...mit=S%F8g...%21

Shops that have "Lager" set to "2-4 dage" have it in stock already and got shipped to customers today, the rest will get it next week.

3000 DKK is around £274, and it's a pretty fair price in Denmark (it's a very expensive country to live in compared to alot of others)

EDIT:

*Danish comment*

Lagde lige mærke til du er fra Danmark efter jeg skrev kommentaren.

Hvis du skal have HTC S710 så vil et godt sted være at købe den fra Salgsbutikken.dk (som findes på mobilpriser.dk)

De har skiftet distributør fra Brightpoint til Dangaard, hvilket vil sige du får dansk support og kan hente de nyeste danske opdateringer fra www.qtek.dk

Edited by Amplificator

Guest Dster

I'm ready to buy this phone as soon as I find it in stock, and ready to ship to Canada.

Anyone else out there with a tip?

Also, is it possible that this Danish website is selling the beta versions that were out there for a bit?

Guest PDAZealot

I don't think it's due to Orange. A rumour heard elsewhere was that Expansys didn't pony up the full monies for the order, and they were put to the back of the list by HTC, missing the first batch of shipments to online vendors. However, it's a rumour, so take it with a big grain of salt. I do know that other vendors, egadgetdepot.com, smart-mobile-gadgets.com, etc., have not changed their ship date. S-M-G even says that they have 100 phones that are just waiting to clear customs in the US. Then again, that is for the US market mostly, so maybe there is something that is keeping them from releasing in the UK/Europe, and perhaps they have to wait till Orange formally launches. Who knows? Just don't assume the Expansys delay is due to HTC or Orange holding them back. If they got them on April 23rd etc, they would ship them the next day; no doubt there, and since others are doing so next week, it is probable that the rumour is accurate. Too bad for Expansys, guess they should have paid in full. Again, a rumour, and not confirmed.

Edited by PDAZealot

Guest KillBait!

I've been waiting patiently for the Vox to come out to replace my ageing C550, checking around yesterday it appears that quite a

few UK/US/Europe sites have the same arrival date around 18th April, so i've took the plunge and done smthing i normaly wouldn't

do and pre-ordered it.

I was going to order it from expansys, but now i've gone elsewhere, so they have lost one sale from me.

Hopefully i will have it by the weekend ;)

Guest Dster
A rumour heard elsewhere was that Expansys didn't pony up the full monies for the order, and they were put to the back of the list by HTC, missing the first batch of shipments to online vendors. However, it's a rumour, so take it with a big grain of salt... Again, a rumour, and not confirmed.

Can you tell us where you heard this rumour?

Guest Amplificator
Also, is it possible that this Danish website is selling the beta versions that were out there for a bit?

What do you mean by that?

What kind of "beta" device is it, and is it just rumors or confirmed by HTC?

I'd really like to know more about that, so please explain.

Edited by Amplificator

Guest Dster
As far as I can see the official pictures from HTC has a black keypad (Black is beta versions according to this thread http://www.modaco.com/Vox-Keypad-Color-t253877.html)

I'd really like to know more about the whole beta situation.. I don't want to get a beta product, of course.

Umm, I created that poll.

The only reason I assumed black keypads were beta only was because Expansys updated their pictures recently, and widespread availability of the product hasn't occurred yet.

Guest Amplificator
The only reason I assumed black keypads were beta only was because Expansys updated their pictures recently, and widespread availability of the product hasn't occurred yet.

I can't believe that beta products are being sold - that wouldn't make sense.

No one has seen the final product yet that I know of, but later this week I'll recieve my device so I will post the color here unless someone else beat me to it.

The pictures from HTC have a black keypad so that's the color I'd stick with as the real device, although the image from Expansys looks pretty good, http://i.expansys.com/i/b/b146336.jpg

EDIT:

I wouldn't actually mind if the final device got a white keypad. It's actually kinda pretty, come to think of it.

Edited by Amplificator

Guest Dster
I can't believe that beta products are being sold - that wouldn't make sense.

Dunno -- I heard of beta units being bought over on howardforums.com. Aren't there always a bunch of prerelease phones floating around?

Also, Paul's review phone was definitely a beta, and it had the black keys. I guess we'll see. Let us know, you lucky Danes!

Guest Amplificator
Dunno -- I heard of beta units being bought over on howardforums.com. Aren't there always a bunch of prerelease phones floating around?

Also, Paul's review phone was definitely a beta, and it had the black keys. I guess we'll see. Let us know, you lucky Danes!

Just mailed the store where I ordered mine, and he opened a box and confirmed that it has a white keypad, so I guess you were right about the beta units.

But why is the picture on HTC.com still with a black keypad?

Guest Dster
But why is the picture on HTC.com still with a black keypad?

Here's a possibility: the black keypad will be kept for 3rd party cell company resellers such as orange, with the white keypad being used to distinguish unlocked non-contract resellers.

Anyways, just guessing.

Guest Amplificator
Here's a possibility: the black keypad will be kept for 3rd party cell company resellers such as orange, with the white keypad being used to distinguish unlocked non-contract resellers.

Anyways, just guessing.

That might be it, but wouldn't HTC change it to a white on their site, since it will be white on their own models?

But anyway, it's confirmed that the final HTC devices have a white keypad and that's fine by me ;)

My last "concern" is the application for reading Office documents.

Some say it's just ClearVue Suite but wasn't is supposed to be Office Mobile or something like that?

Forgot to ask the store about that, but I'll just wait til' tomorrow where I'll be getting my device.

I'm probably never gonna open a single Office document on it anyway, so who cares :D

I cancelled my pre-order with PowerUpMobile because they kept switching the dates, immediately after Expansys did.

I phoned up Smart Devices Direct as their site still says they're expecting stock on Wednesday (the 18th of April). They said they were still expecting that delivery late on Wednesday so the phones would be dispatched on Thursday for delivery this Friday, so I've gone with them even though it's costing an extra £40.

As for the Office applications, it seems that some sites (BengalBoy) mentioned that a ROM update was released recently that brought the beta units up to pretty much the shipping version and it has the portable Microsoft Office applications, not ClearVue.

Edited by Odie

Guest Dster
I phoned up Smart Devices Direct as their site still says they're expecting stock on Wednesday (the 18th of April). They said they were still expecting that delivery late on Wednesday so the phones would be dispatched on Thursday for delivery this Friday, so I've gone with them even though it's costing an extra £40.

I'm confused -- doesn't Smart Devices Direct have the same price, roughly, as Expansys after VAT?

Guest uggit

Why did HTC change the face to all silver? IMO, it looked a LOT better with the black d-pad and surrounding area. I guess it's cost savings... those black areas must have cost them an extra 25 cents to make, lol.

How many of you have one of these on preorder? Anyone going to wait for the (rumored cancelled) Wings?

Guest Amplificator

Recieved my S710 this morning.

It got Office Mobile instead of Clearvue Suite which is pretty nice I think ;)

The build quality is amazing - much better than any other HTC/Qtek product I've had and I've been with Windows Mobile since the 2002 system.

Anyways, just guessing.

Very nice guessed if you read Opium's post above with the pictures.

Edited by Amplificator