Magician vs Wizard. Older beats younger.

Guest xmarkom2

Guest xmarkom2

I m reading mobile-review test of these two phones.

and i cant believe in benchmark results in various programs and in also in reviewer's conclusion.

I have spv m500 and my friend have qtek 9100.

I really thinking not to make step ahead (not to buy qtek 9100)

I think to move 2 steps ahead, and when collect some money, buy qtek 9600.

benchmark tests show wizard on last position and magician on "golden middle" or even top positions.

personally, also, i have feeling like spv m500 (magician) "fly"...

since my computer have crashed during some soccer game i use sentence "if you want good PC for business, fun, movies, then forget AMD, Intel processors, forget FSC, Dell brands, forget ATI, Nvidia cards........... Buy HTC ;) phone"

questions:

1. maximum SD card size ???

2. does qtek 9100 and 9600 slider make some problems?

3. can you recomend me software for volume up/down button reconfigure...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monolithix (MVP)

I've personally never had any problems with the speed of my Wizard, it seemed fairly comparible with my Magician. I'd imagine a lot of the speed issues are down to the persistant memory now used in WM5 handsets, personally i'm happy to trade a little in performance for a device that will keep all my info after i left the battery run down :rolleyes:

As for your questions:

1 - i *should* support up to 4GB, assuming its not SDHC format. I had issues with a 2GB but i seem to be the only one!

2 - My Wizard is 18 months old now and still going strong!

3 - Not sure of any off the top of my head, however i'm pretty sure this is available - don't quote me on that though :P

Guest xmarkom2
personally i'm happy to trade a little in performance for a device that will keep all my info after i left the battery run down :rolleyes:

1 - i *should* support up to 4GB, assuming its not SDHC format. I had issues with a 2GB but i seem to be the only one!

explain me little more about those two things

1. my backup battery is very poor, realy. When i accidently slide down battery cover it hard resets. Does 9100 keep all data, anyway?

2. you talking about your phone, do you know what is maximum for Magician???

I doubt 9100 can support more than 1gb... .... :P

Guest jimbouk

The M500 had the faster 400? processor. The later device was one of the first to come with the 200 processor.

I wouldnt get either but would go straight to Hermes or similar.

Guest Neil5459

Another reason for the discrepancy is that the Benchmark tests (assuming using SpB Benchmark) are not fully compatible with WM5, so WM2003 devices will always appear to be faster.

In the 'real world' there is little to choose- the Intel 400MHz processor is a little faster, but the OMAP 200MHz uses different architecture, so you can't compare on a direct speed basis.

WM5 does use Persistent Memory, so it doesn't matter if your battery goes flat (other than losing changes in running apps, but you should have received ample warning by then!)

There are apps to reconfigure the volume slider, but I can't remember what they are!

But of course, as JimboUK says- both these devices are out of date now, so if you are buying new, look at the Trinity/Hermes/Trion/Kaiser models.