113 replies to this topic

conan_troutman

conan_troutman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310 with latest Rom
there should have been a LNK file placed in the "Windows/Start Up" folder if its not there just copy the lnk you have to that destination and reboot should work at boot up every time

spider

spider

R u a +'r...b 1 !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:SPV, cell phones, electronic stuff
  • Devices:HP IPAQ 614C

there should have been a LNK file placed in the "Windows/Start Up" folder if its not there just copy the link you have to that destination and reboot should work at boot up every time

thanx :rolleyes: that solved it. Though I had to make my own LNK file as it didn't exist, but after I did so and moved it to the start up folder it works as it should. Thanx a million :P

Private: latest models: SE P900 --> SPV C 550 --> HP Ipaq 614C

Work: latest models: Qtek 8310 --> HTC S710 --> HTC Hero

Menneisyys

Menneisyys

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Devices:a lot

Is there any free call recording software for the s710 out there i loved being able to prank call friends and record it.

PMRecorder. See http://www.modaco.co...ut-t255512.html for more info.

(Make sure you also read my previous articles on all these matters. Also note that the Vox is NOT able to make flawless recordings unlike some other Smartphones like the Oxygen.)

intox

intox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC s710
how do i make that lnk file??? sorry im straight noob. havin dat problem were i gotta keep reinstalling the clockontop to work after reboot...

conan_troutman

conan_troutman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
just copy the one you have now in the start menu and palce it in the start op folder....you dont need to create it jsut copy ok.

how do i make that lnk file??? sorry im straight noob. havin dat problem were i gotta keep reinstalling the clockontop to work after reboot...

kevinsephiroth

kevinsephiroth

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Devices:Asus P525,SPV C600,HTC S710
The link to Clock On Top is dead.
Can't find a link in google.

agraber

agraber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310
I have problem to automatically connect the Vox to my Bluetooth headset in my car
It worked fine with the MTeor, when I entered the car, the mteor automatically reconnected the headset.

With Vox (710) the automatic reconnection is not done.

I can make the pairing, but next time I want to use the headset I have to reconnect.
HTC says, that this is due to WM6 that puts the Bluetooth in sleeping mode to save energy after 5 minutes.

Does any one of you have a workaround for that ?

Andre

conan_troutman

conan_troutman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
well after thats stement I am defo sticking to WM5...I mean come on how is WM6 an upgrade when it disables ringtones over a certain file size has no dedicated headset abd car profiles and you can't keep BT switched on which i find essential that it is...lts hope my tornado never dies.

Phrak

Phrak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710

HTC says, that this is due to WM6 that puts the Bluetooth in sleeping mode to save energy after 5 minutes.

well after thats stement I am defo sticking to WM5...I mean come on, how is WM6 an upgrade when you can't keep BT switched on which i find essential

Andre, Conan, I agree that the lack of auto WIRELESS STEREO headset pairing is a major pain in the arse, but as yet, I have not founf a work-around :rolleyes:

Unfortunatley, while HTC's statement about the 5min BT energy saving "feature" may or may not be true, it is not the reason why our wireless stereo headsets won't auto reconnect. They're telling you a furphy there.

A paired, wireless handsfree headset (whether it has the A2DP profile or not) WILL stay paired and connected for as long as it is switched on, AND it will auto reconnect when it's switched back on.

It's "just" the wireless stereo headset's (ie. A2DP music headsets) that are currently not giving us the auto-reconnect feature.

Tim

gbshahaq

gbshahaq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:SPV C600 / Orange E650
this may seem obvious to some of the regulars here...
but how about posting a RegEdit tool that works with the Vox?

RegeditSTG from my C600 does not work - what does?

Sham :rolleyes:

BTW - can s.o. UPLOAD the file here pls?

birdibird

birdibird

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (OLED UK), HTC S710

this may seem obvious to some of the regulars here...
but how about posting a RegEdit tool that works with the Vox?

Use Total Commander, there is a regedit feature, works fine! :rolleyes:

mstar

mstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:null
Vito CopyPaste - To use, press and hold action key!

i know its a dumb question but whats the action key? i installed the exe (double clinicking on it) it then puts a message out saying "is running" but in word i just cnt figure out how to use it :rolleyes:

any help guys??

paholman

paholman

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Vito CopyPaste - To use, press and hold action key!

i know its a dumb question but whats the action key? i installed the exe (double clinicking on it) it then puts a message out saying "is running" but in word i just cnt figure out how to use it :rolleyes:

any help guys??

Action key= Silver button in the middle of the directional keypad (above key 2).

"Vito Copy and Paste" works in Messages (SMS, Mails), Contacts etc, but not sure if it actually works in Word or Excel. It certainly doesn't work for me in Word.

Edited by paholman, 19 June 2007 - 01:17 PM.

whc

whc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710, Nokia 6300
Some of my favourite freeware not listed is:

AmpTweaks v2.0 - Good tweak app for your Smartphone, completely free, and has many good tweaks.

Google Maps - Watch the world on your Smartphone.

SmartToolkit ALPHA-4 - Nice start menu/task manager/copy/pasta from e-Natives for WM5&6, very nice and completely free, a must have I think.

Skype 2.2 for Windows Mobile - Make free Skype-to-Skype calls to users anywhere in the world with Windows Mobile devices.

Total Commander 2.0 - Very good mobile version of Total Commander, completely free, and many different language packs (to download separate).

This was all the freebies I could recommend for now, hope that they will be updated to the list. Why not make this thread for both apps and games???

Edited by whc, 20 June 2007 - 12:03 AM.

digibeta10

digibeta10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Action key= Silver button in the middle of the directional keypad (above key 2).

"Vito Copy and Paste" works in Messages (SMS, Mails), Contacts etc, but not sure if it actually works in Word or Excel. It certainly doesn't work for me in Word.

Yeah doesn't work for me in Word either... obviously just doesn't work in Word :rolleyes: ...which is really annoying as Word is where you really need it!

Does anyone know of another free copy/paste app that works across all applications?

Thanks!

conan_troutman

conan_troutman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
have you tried vieka word pad it better then pocket word and its free and has its own copy and paste feature...and I know that i can copy information from my contacts and SMS messages using orneta scissors and Vieka can intercept that copy and paste it into its own document using its wn pastre feature.

mstar

mstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
SmartToolkit ALPHA-4 anybody useing this? seems like a good app

any experiences of this?

Pr0sper

Pr0sper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Devices:Palm Treo 500v

SmartToolkit ALPHA-4 anybody useing this? seems like a good app

any experiences of this?

Works fine for me. Though it's using much battery I think...

HTC S710

Posted Image

mstar

mstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
you mean itsw uses more battery?

Pr0sper

Pr0sper

Enthusiast