Hermes to get WinMo6 upgrade!

Guest Gerald.D

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
Depends whether the damage is so bad that the phone is completely unusable. Recently mine stuck in bootloader mode for no apparent reason and there, for all to see, was my bootloader version, ROM version and Radio version. When this was received for repair if that had said HardSPL, or any ROM or Radio not supplied by TMob they would be perfectly within their rights to refuse to repair the device even under warranty, at least as I understand it. So before repair you would have to flash back to the original ROM, if it is available anywhere, flash the Radio back (is it possible to downgrade the Radio even?) and flash the original bootloader. Now, I am not sure that TMob would even care but I don't have £400 to gamble with to find out and having the phone recently b0rk made it clear that it can just happen.

For the sake of "insurance" I've been looking into this- and I don't think it is possible to re-flash the radio back down to what it was supplied with.

But I also wonder if Orange would actually notice? I don't think so.

Personally, if you do upgrade your phone -it's worth keeping a copy of Mr Vanxs guide on how to downgrade your phone, and also copies of the relevant WM5 ROM for your operator....which can be found if you look! :rolleyes: So that if something does go wrong - them you can do he business and re-flash it back to WM5 :P

Just my thoughts!

Matt

Guest UndeadDevil

I gave up waiting for T-Mobile to release a update. Two weeks was long enough to leave there Crappy ROM on there. So I've now flashed the Radio and ROM.

Question. Before Flashing the Radio my phone said it was version 1.0.5.1, its now 1.41. Does this mean the Radio I had on the phone was several years old?

Since flashing, as well as the phone being so much faster I've noticed much faster web browsing and download speeds. I now get the H icon and when I do downloads fly. Only problem I'm having with WM6 is with SPB Software, any of there software seems to cause WM6 to slow down to somewhere in the region of 5mhz lol.

As for me saying about Microsoft Testing it on the Hermes, etc. I'll dig out the post I read that in, its on XDA-Dev somewhere.

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
Question. Before Flashing the Radio my phone said it was version 1.0.5.1, its now 1.41. Does this mean the Radio I had on the phone was several years old?

No, not necessarily no - but I'd be careful with going up to the 1.40 & 1.41 roms, depending on who your carrier is.

For example I'm with Orange, and I've found 1.38.01 to be the best one use - both in terms of quality AND in terms of ROM speed, reliability and battery life.

Hope that helps :rolleyes:

Matt

Guest UndeadDevil
No, not necessarily no - but I'd be careful with going up to the 1.40 & 1.41 roms, depending on who your carrier is.

For example I'm with Orange, and I've found 1.38.01 to be the best one use - both in terms of quality AND in terms of ROM speed, reliability and battery life.

I'm with T-Mobile and discovered the thread about the radio on JJ's forums after flashing to the latest. No-ones mentioned anythink about T-Mobile performance. As for the old Radio ROM, well compared to the new one it was a pile of crap. Its literally doubled my signal strength and I don't get a wish wash sound in calls now.

Guest Fredde87

Emailed Vodafone about this and this was my response,

Dear Fredrik

We are aware of this and are I discussion at the moment regarding what phones we will be offering the upgrade for, at the moment there is nothing available but if you mail back in the next few week we may have some thing a little more concrete to tell you.

Kind regards

Dean Asher

Vodafone Customer Services