• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

moham_i

moham_i

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I have a E650 and my display value in control panal was set to 0, changed it to 30 and backlight now turns off after 30 seconds!!! Woohooo!!!

magrab

magrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:HTC s710

This forum is great. Only been a member for a day but you guys have helped me out twice so far. This backlight bug was really doing my head in.

Cheeeeeeeers :)

As above - great site...many thanks <_<

DJ Pierre

DJ Pierre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I have some little bugs with the powercontrol.

- My registry is set on 30 seconds, but sometimes it won't go black. I have to restart the phone and it's fine again. There are no programs running in taskmanager when it happens.

- My Betaplayer turns black when i'm watching a movie, is it possible to keep the screen alive when i'm watching?

cranked

cranked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Blackjack, SMT5600

you have to change a registry key i think it is HKCU/CONTROL PANEL/POWER then values and change it to 30 or 60. this is a knowm bug on vox (see www.smartphonefrance.fr for further info)

sweet. I have an HTC S710, same thing happened. Fix worked great. Thanks!

kidinspace

kidinspace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:SPV E650, HTC S620, SPV M3100

Create one called 'Display'.

You will need to Application Unlock your device.

P

Ok, how do i app unlock my device? its an Orange UK E650, and i have this backlight problem, i now know the solution but i don't know how or where to get a reg editor from and how to use it properly.

I downloaded and installed MobileRegistryEditor but when i run on my PC i get an error if i try and run it on my phone i get an error and now my head hurts, if someone could give me step by step instructions that would be great.

This does my head in cos i find it dead easy to configure a Cisco router from scratch but i can't get into the registry on my damn phone!

Edit 2:00am...it would appear that i am THICK! I didn't have .net framework 1.1 installed hence why it would run!

Next important question is...why does my clock gain an hour when i run TomTom or Sync with the PC???

G.

Edited by kidinspace, 16 August 2007 - 01:02 AM.

Posted Image

witchnut

witchnut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
What am I doing wrong? this is what I've ended up with (registry entries from Mobile Registry Editor v1.1 attached) but backlight still glows for ever.

Matt

Attached Files

Edited by witchnut, 30 August 2007 - 12:41 AM.

witchnut

witchnut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

What am I doing wrong? this is what I've ended up with (registry entries from Mobile Registry Editor v1.1 attached) but backlight still glows for ever.

Matt

Forget the above, screen now timing out OK, thanks all.

Matt

wizgnome

wizgnome

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SII
  • Twitter:@wizgnome
I had the problem whe running TomTom mobile 5.2 and TCPMP, however I found the instructions about which registry key to change unclear.

This is what I did to fix the problem.

Using a registry editor I created a dword value

HKCU/CONTROL PANEL/POWER/Display

then I set its value to 60. - number of seconds for timeout.

Mike

wormie_dk

wormie_dk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Acer n311
Added to Vox WIKI: http://wiki.modaco.c...ox#Major_Issues

Had it been there I would probably have saved a hard reset :-(

Edited by wormie_dk, 21 September 2007 - 06:05 AM.

dendirk

dendirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Sorry to ask but what is the latest TT version working flawlesly on the s710 ? is it tt5.2 or is there a version 6 availeble?

thanks

”Sir! We are surrounded!” - ”Excellent! We can attack in any direction!”

prajith

prajith

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Devices:HTC Vox

your wiki entry helped me solve the issue.

HTC Vox
ThinkPan.com

caraboy

caraboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:htc s710
You can also use Resco Registry to edit registry on your phone. Core player used to keep my backlight open. Now it`s fixed. :)

Larske

Larske

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710
I had this problem after running TomTom Mobile 5.21 Smartphone edition for the first time.
Before i installed TomTom i never had this problem.

I have fixed it by changing the HKCU/Power/Display register key to 30 like is posted above.

francois51

francois51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My experience with the V1415 was that I had the backlight staying on all the time AFTER I installed TomTom 5.2. Last night I installed TomTom 6 and now the backlight goes off nicely. I cant access the registry to my phone for some reason so I couldnt change the registry settings. Im still working on activating TT6 proprely at the mo.

francois51

francois51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

My experience with the V1415 was that I had the backlight staying on all the time AFTER I installed TomTom 5.2. Last night I installed TomTom 6 and now the backlight goes off nicely. I cant access the registry to my phone for some reason so I couldnt change the registry settings. Im still working on activating TT6 proprely at the mo.

Found solution,
I couldnt get to my registry with mobile registry so I installed cab mobile registry (runs directly on the phone itself) and changed the current user Power settings in Control Panel to 15 (15 secs) and works perfectly.
HKCU / Control Panel / Power => values => put 30 for 30 seconds, 60 for 1 mn.

kidinspace

kidinspace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:SPV E650, HTC S620, SPV M3100
I had sorted this issue out before but last week i had to reinstall Tom Tom because i lost my memory card.

Now everytime i run Tom Tom it changes the power management settings, and i have to keep having to go back and chnage them back again, i can't understand this i have followed all the same instructions as the last time but it would seem to no effect...

Any other suggestions?

.G.

Posted Image

dkearns

dkearns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC 710s

you have to change a registry key i think it is HKCU/CONTROL PANEL/POWER then values and change it to 30 or 60. this is a knowm bug on vox (see www.smartphonefrance.fr for further info)

Your a star - thanks a million for this solution.
I was pulling my hair out..the little I've left.
This worked perfectly on the HTC s710.
Firstly I installed TCPMP and then saw somewhere that by installing CorePlayer it would solve it but nope!
Both of these will cause the backlight all sorts of problems, no matter how you try to configure the power management settings.
Thanks again.
REALLY REALLY appreciated.
Regards
Damien. :)

b29pb

b29pb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Blackjack
i know this thread has died for quite sometimes but apparently i have a similiar problem.
My backlight wont turn off as well, i did hard reset, format, recently upgraded to wm6.1
changed the Display to 30 still persist. i really am getting frustrated and about to ebay it.

oh, it's a blackjack II /s sgh i617

HELP HELP HELP..

Edited by b29pb, 19 March 2009 - 10:56 AM.

derekge

derekge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SCH-i760
This worked for me but I had to create the registry key 'Power' and the the DWORD value 'Display'. I set it to 60 and it worked!

tobbbie

tobbbie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:Tornado (+ see signature)
Mysterious re-appearing problem identified and eliminated (for HTC Vox, possibly other HTC devices):

I will continue on this thread as it best matches the problem that many are experiencing. While the solution to the "problem" that many applications are creating is outlined in this thread, many will "mysteriously" see the problem reappear again after some time.

Well, the reason is simple: In their infite wisdom, HTC have chosen to replace the default display timeout handling (stored in HKCU\ControlPanel\Power value for Display) that seems MS Standard by a private setting - that allows to have different display timeouts if running on battery or on AC.
Unfortunately calling the settings panel for the power-settings will (by accessing the HTC tooling for manipulating these values) enforce the HTC-handling by deleting the key Display at HKCU\ControlPanel\Power and thus bring back the old problem again!

So what?
Well, luckily HTC has provided a key "OnlyDisplayTimeout" which has to be created in HKLM\Software\HTC\PowerManagement and set to "1" - this will change the HTC panel behavior to the MS intended and it will work on that single value from then on only. You will notice that the Power-settings control panel only has one entry now for Display timeout.

Now all applications that rely on (and manipulate) the standard MS settings for display handling should work as designed (TCPMP, Core Player, TomTom - just to name those that disturbed me...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users