i607 Blackjack & Motorola HT820 Headphones Reviewed

Guest vwbdrick

• 2 months later...
Guest MadSci
I just finished an in-depth review on the Motorola HT820 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones paired with the i607 Samsung Blackjack. If your interested in these headphones in general, or in this combo of headphones and phone, please take a minute to check it out.

http://ricksrrr.blogspot.com/2007/04/revie...oth-stereo.html

Nice review.

For my $0.02 I loved the sound coming out of thes HT820 headset. The only problem was that is was drowned out by the sound coming out of my mouth as I screamed in pain from these torture devices! They were tolerable for about an hour at most, then, when you try to take them off you find out that they have been pinching and pressing hard all over the place and the only reason you didn't notice it is that these patches have gone numb. Well they wake up with a vengence when you start moving the headset around to take it off and you won't make that mistake again.

All I can think is that they tested them on people with small ears, and then got away with it because when you try them on for a few minutes in a meeting or in the store they feel just weird, not painful. You don't get the full treatment until you get home and wear them for a good long while.

I expect the return rate for these is REALLY high. In the local Cingular store I was told, quite poetically, that they were "Like the waves on the sea. They go out, and then in a little while, they come back in again." Real "Surfphones"!

Locally at least, they have stopped carrying them at all now. Guess why.

I ponied up for the Southwing set that Cingular has. Mediocre sound but I can wear them all day long without pain!

MadSci

Guest MadSci
I agree about the Moto HT820s being a bit big and uncomfortable. So I bought these:

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/d...balObjectId=177

They really are the Dog's B*ll*cks! Small, light etc, etc.

Plus you don't look like total space jockey when wearing 'em.

Also second ***REVIEW LINK BROKEN*** comment

What's the sound like for music and call quality? Are the controls ok?

I miss the great sound from the HT820's. The Southwing set are just "ok".

How comfortable are these.

Thanks!

MadSci

Guest Alpha4

@ MadSci:

Yes, I find them comfortable. They can be a bit tricky to put on at first, but once you get the knack it's fine.

Sound quality is excellent, both for the music and for calls whilst they're on. I don't know how they do it but the mic in the headset works

fine; I've never had a caller say they can't hear me.

Couple more things: the controls (Volume, Next Track, Pause, etc) are touch sensitive buttons (not Mechanical ones) and they can be tricky to press correctly.

As before though, once you get the hang of it, no problemo.

The Moto S9s can be tricky to wear if you wear specs. Sequence is... Specs off, Headset on, Specs on. Also if you are lounging or lying down with these on, you may have to

re-position then headset a bit to get comfortable.

Given all the above, I really do recommend these, Good sound, Slick design and you don't look like Flash Gordon's Co-pilot when your wearing 'em.

Hope this helps

Guest MadSci
@ MadSci:

Yes, I find them comfortable. They can be a bit tricky to put on at first, but once you get the knack it's fine.

Sound quality is excellent, both for the music and for calls whilst they're on. I don't know how they do it but the mic in the headset works

fine; I've never had a caller say they can't hear me.

Couple more things: the controls (Volume, Next Track, Pause, etc) are touch sensitive buttons (not Mechanical ones) and they can be tricky to press correctly.

As before though, once you get the hang of it, no problemo.

The Moto S9s can be tricky to wear if you wear specs. Sequence is... Specs off, Headset on, Specs on. Also if you are lounging or lying down with these on, you may have to

re-position then headset a bit to get comfortable.

Given all the above, I really do recommend these, Good sound, Slick design and you don't look like Flash Gordon's Co-pilot when your wearing 'em.

Hope this helps

Sounds good. I'm going to check them out.

hey, anyone interested in a (slightly) used set of Southwing BT Sterio Headset? Only been worn by a little old man while he putters around in the garden :-)

Thanks again Alpha4 (Say hello to Alpha 1, 2 & 3 for me :) )

Guest Disco Stu

I never found the HT820s to be uncomfortable but loved the sound quality and therefore refused to get paranoid about stares in the street !

I too am now using the S9s and cannot recommend them highly enough. I'd like a hinge in the middle of the headband - for stowing in a jacket pocket - but you can't complain about the price nor the sound.