Applications that don't work on the Vox / Windows Mobile 6

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Manijak

Just a heads-up. PhoneAlarm does work on WM6 but it drains battery extremely fast! I installed it a few days ago, and it drained by battery in less than 8 hours. I removed it now and my battery is at 98% after a day use.

Guest benetton

Handy weather loads and works properly until you turn the phone off and back on, then it says can't load images you have to reinstall

Guest conan_troutman

I believe autoflight was updated todayto 5.2 to make it compatible with WM6 and takers to test it.

I would but I am saving fot the HTC s730 so can't test it till then.

Guest adicken
I believe autoflight was updated todayto 5.2 to make it compatible with WM6 and takers to test it.

I would but I am saving fot the HTC s730 so can't test it till then.

Where do you get this from in order to trial it? I'm prepared to do some testing on my E650

Guest wierni

Google maps with gps use,

No settings / system / gps application.

Google recognises the s710 as a samsung i600 :rolleyes:

Edited by wierni

Guest KillBait!

Just tried RJV SMS Scheduler2003 and it runs but doesnt respond to any of the softkeys :rolleyes:

The author has a new PPC version out, he sais he will get to a smartphone version soon

Guest Blaufeld
Now you need to map a hardware key to \Program Files\Fakecursor\Fakecursor.exe. Since many of the phones may be different in this regard I cannot offer specifics as to ow to do this.

If someone could explain how to do this on the s710 - Thank You!!! :rolleyes:

Guest sveintore
Interesting. I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I get a prompt on the phone saying that an untrusted program is trying to run, should it be allowed? I answer yes to that, but Jeyo then sites there on "Starting device agent..."

I've tried it both my E650 and an S710 I happen to have for a few days. Seems to be the same on both. If it works for you though, I'll invest some time having a fiddle around with it. Thanks!

EDIT: No, definately can't get it to work. I did a full reset of the HTC S710 back to factory defaults, did a fresh install Jeyo Mobile Companion, and it still hangs on "Starting device agent..."

What version of ActiveSync are your using? And what build number of Jeyo?

This is bothering me, as fear of losing my texts is about the only thing stopping me from playing around with the internals a bit...

Turn off the firewall on the network connection to the phone.. Then it should work :-)

Guest kaleid101
I can't seem to get AvantGo to install on my E650, it just sits on the spinning-disk-sand-timer thing indefinitely. Anyone know if AvantGo actually runs on WM6? I can't see anything about it on the AvantGo website. It's a real shame because I use it all the time on my C600 and M2000.

This is the one that I used all the time on my C600 and now can't get to work. This on AvantGo website:

Does AvantGo Support the Windows Mobile 6 platform?

Question

Does AvantGo Support the Windows Mobile 6 platform?

Answer

At this time, AvantGo does not support the Windows Mobile 6 platform because it has not gone through our Quality Assurance testing.

We will post any information on our website when we support these devices.

Edited by kaleid101

Guest jasnewt
Autoflight and XBar 3.2...not working... :rolleyes:

XBar is working on my HTC Vox. Admittedly I haven't tested all of the features. I only use it as a task manager, and it has been working fine for that purpose.

Jason.

Guest damianbyrne

Using a Vodafone v1415 (HTC Vox) with an Orange SIM in

eMoze doesn't work either, looks like I might have to finally get aroud to installing an Exchange server and push my email, contacts etc the proper way.

Guest paholman
Jeyo Mobile Companion 1.1

Doesn't seem to be able to start the remote agent on the phone. Tried this on an app unlocked device too, still the same problem. I'm guessing they've changed the way SMS's are managed in WM6 and the agent chokes.

Shame, as I like to start backing up my texts.

Gajit,

You tried Jeyo Mobile Extender 2.5 ?

It works ok for me :rolleyes:

Edited by paholman

Guest kevinsephiroth

PocketGNUBoy SP (well the one that Paralax20 did with Audio and QVGA support) ...

The emu menu can't be opened ingame, cause it exits the game... :rolleyes:

Guest alfer

Cell Profile Switcher does not seem to be working. It installs fine and detects nearby cells, but no switching occurs when moving to/leaving any groups as it does in WM5. Anyone know of a good replacement that works in WM6?

Guest jblue

hi alfer,

which phone-type are you using? with the htc tornado aku2 2.47/2.61-typ cell profile switcher change the profile on my s710.

Guest GuyAdams

Resco Explorer 2005 5.32

Resco Photo Viewer 5.33

Resco System Toys 1.32

All the above work but do not make full use of the screen when in landscape mode.

Thanks

Guest alfer
hi alfer,

which phone-type are you using? with the htc tornado aku2 2.47/2.61-typ cell profile switcher change the profile on my s710.

That fixed it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest frenske1973

I have installed Tomtom 6.00 on my HTC S710.

It works ok, but after 20 minutes of navigation, tyhe sytem goes to my Home screen.

The Tomtom application keeps active..

Is this due to Tomtom or an ( energy? ) setting in WM6?

Are there others with this problem?

Tomtom 6.010 doesn't work...

Guest ICQ_Eagle
Interesting. I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I get a prompt on the phone saying that an untrusted program is trying to run, should it be allowed? I answer yes to that, but Jeyo then sites there on "Starting device agent..."

I've tried it both my E650 and an S710 I happen to have for a few days. Seems to be the same on both. If it works for you though, I'll invest some time having a fiddle around with it. Thanks!

EDIT: No, definately can't get it to work. I did a full reset of the HTC S710 back to factory defaults, did a fresh install Jeyo Mobile Companion, and it still hangs on "Starting device agent..."

What version of ActiveSync are your using? And what build number of Jeyo?

This is bothering me, as fear of losing my texts is about the only thing stopping me from playing around with the internals a bit...

ActiveSync 4.5 and Jeyo 1.1 Build 838. All except the Process list works perfectly for me, too.

Edited by ICQ_Eagle

Guest fire007
you first need an application with which you can emulate a touchscreen on your smartphone. Copy the folder labeled "FakeCursor" to your phone. I like to put it in \Program Files but you can really put it anywhere.

Now you need to map a hardware key to \Program Files\Fakecursor\Fakecursor.exe. Since many of the phones may be different in this regard I cannot offer specifics as to ow to do this.

Most of TomTom6 you can use without touchscreen emulation, but certain things (setting up GPS or selecting from a list) need to use fakecursor. When the need arises, just push the button you mapped fakecursor to and a crosshair will appear. Use the crosshair like you would use your stylus by moving it with the d-pad or phone joystick and you're all set. On my Tmobile Dash, pushing the fakecursor button again to close it will bump me out to the homescreen, but TT6 is still still running. Kind of a pain but still better than Route66 :)

-----

Could someone post their experience about if it woks/doesnt work. Thanks.

I am trying that on my new Moto q9h but I'm wondering how to assign a hardware button to the fakecursor? Which tool are you using to assign keys on Smartphone?