60 replies to this topic

jasnewt

jasnewt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710 Vox
I got my lovely new S710 yesterday, and have been installing many of the programs I had on my C600.

The only one that hasn't worked so far is Lexipedia. Installs and starts up OK. When you type something into the search box and select 'Find' it brings up a list of matching articles correctly, but you cannot then scroll down and select an article to read, so it's pretty pointless installing it!

Hopefully it'll get an update at some point.

Jason.

Gajit

Gajit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV E650
Jeyo Mobile Companion 1.1

Doesn't seem to be able to start the remote agent on the phone. Tried this on an app unlocked device too, still the same problem. I'm guessing they've changed the way SMS's are managed in WM6 and the agent chokes.

Shame, as I like to start backing up my texts.

smfa1965

smfa1965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets/Cell's
  • Devices:BJ II, HTC S710, MTeoR, Orbit
Got mine today. Very nice device. So far all my apps are working, Fizz Traveler, Fizz Bill, Facade, Smart2go, but one of the most important isn't. Good email won't load. The OTA program will download and install but once it starts talking to the Good server, it gives me a "Your Device isn't compatible, please contact your administrator". Pity. Looks like I'll have to use Direct Push for now.

ayanGR

ayanGR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710, QTEK 8010

Jeyo Mobile Companion 1.1

Doesn't seem to be able to start the remote agent on the phone. Tried this on an app unlocked device too, still the same problem. I'm guessing they've changed the way SMS's are managed in WM6 and the agent chokes.

Shame, as I like to start backing up my texts.

Jeyo works almost OK here. I get an error on the device, but then i click OK and most of Jeyo's features work. I can't get task manager to show the processes but SMS, Contacts, History etc are OK.

Gajit

Gajit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV E650

Jeyo works almost OK here. I get an error on the device, but then i click OK and most of Jeyo's features work. I can't get task manager to show the processes but SMS, Contacts, History etc are OK.

Interesting. I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I get a prompt on the phone saying that an untrusted program is trying to run, should it be allowed? I answer yes to that, but Jeyo then sites there on "Starting device agent..."

I've tried it both my E650 and an S710 I happen to have for a few days. Seems to be the same on both. If it works for you though, I'll invest some time having a fiddle around with it. Thanks!

EDIT: No, definately can't get it to work. I did a full reset of the HTC S710 back to factory defaults, did a fresh install Jeyo Mobile Companion, and it still hangs on "Starting device agent..."

What version of ActiveSync are your using? And what build number of Jeyo?

This is bothering me, as fear of losing my texts is about the only thing stopping me from playing around with the internals a bit...

Edited by Gajit, 28 April 2007 - 11:20 AM.

Manijak

Manijak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC s710
Just a heads-up. PhoneAlarm does work on WM6 but it drains battery extremely fast! I installed it a few days ago, and it drained by battery in less than 8 hours. I removed it now and my battery is at 98% after a day use.

benetton

benetton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:smt5600
Handy weather loads and works properly until you turn the phone off and back on, then it says can't load images you have to reinstall

th1rt3en

th1rt3en

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:I-Mate SmartFlip
looks like Opera 8 doesn't work. It installs fine, but wont start up after that.

Posted Image

conan_troutman

conan_troutman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310 with latest Rom
I believe autoflight was updated todayto 5.2 to make it compatible with WM6 and takers to test it.

I would but I am saving fot the HTC s730 so can't test it till then.

adicken

adicken

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:Orange HTC Touch Dual

I believe autoflight was updated todayto 5.2 to make it compatible with WM6 and takers to test it.

I would but I am saving fot the HTC s730 so can't test it till then.

Where do you get this from in order to trial it? I'm prepared to do some testing on my E650

conan_troutman

conan_troutman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310 with latest Rom
thankyou

its available at www.smartphone .net

or from the makers website http://inputshow.goo.../autoflight.htm

I hope you like it.... if you do let me know I'll get you a copy as thanks.

wierni

wierni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Google maps with gps use,

No settings / system / gps application.
Google recognises the s710 as a samsung i600 :rolleyes:

Edited by wierni, 13 May 2007 - 02:27 PM.

KillBait!

KillBait!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV C550 HTC S710 (Vox)
Just tried RJV SMS Scheduler2003 and it runs but doesnt respond to any of the softkeys :rolleyes:

The author has a new PPC version out, he sais he will get to a smartphone version soon

Blaufeld

Blaufeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710

Now you need to map a hardware key to \Program Files\Fakecursor\Fakecursor.exe. Since many of the phones may be different in this regard I cannot offer specifics as to ow to do this.

If someone could explain how to do this on the s710 - Thank You!!! :rolleyes:

"A biker is a man that think of the road
not as a way to reach a place,
but as a long moment to reach himself."

sveintore

sveintore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero

Interesting. I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I get a prompt on the phone saying that an untrusted program is trying to run, should it be allowed? I answer yes to that, but Jeyo then sites there on "Starting device agent..."

I've tried it both my E650 and an S710 I happen to have for a few days. Seems to be the same on both. If it works for you though, I'll invest some time having a fiddle around with it. Thanks!

EDIT: No, definately can't get it to work. I did a full reset of the HTC S710 back to factory defaults, did a fresh install Jeyo Mobile Companion, and it still hangs on "Starting device agent..."

What version of ActiveSync are your using? And what build number of Jeyo?

This is bothering me, as fear of losing my texts is about the only thing stopping me from playing around with the internals a bit...

Turn off the firewall on the network connection to the phone.. Then it should work :-)

kaleid101

kaleid101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:orange e650

I can't seem to get AvantGo to install on my E650, it just sits on the spinning-disk-sand-timer thing indefinitely. Anyone know if AvantGo actually runs on WM6? I can't see anything about it on the AvantGo website. It's a real shame because I use it all the time on my C600 and M2000.

This is the one that I used all the time on my C600 and now can't get to work. This on AvantGo website:

Does AvantGo Support the Windows Mobile 6 platform?

Question
Does AvantGo Support the Windows Mobile 6 platform?

Answer
At this time, AvantGo does not support the Windows Mobile 6 platform because it has not gone through our Quality Assurance testing.

We will post any information on our website when we support these devices.

Edited by kaleid101, 23 May 2007 - 12:14 PM.

Sky_Lab

Sky_Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Autoflight and XBar 3.2...not working... :rolleyes:

Edited by Sky_Lab, 23 May 2007 - 08:39 PM.

jasnewt

jasnewt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710 Vox

Autoflight and XBar 3.2...not working... :rolleyes:

XBar is working on my HTC Vox. Admittedly I haven't tested all of the features. I only use it as a task manager, and it has been working fine for that purpose.

Jason.

damianbyrne

damianbyrne

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Stoopid Computers and Great Phones
Using a Vodafone v1415 (HTC Vox) with an Orange SIM in

eMoze doesn't work either, looks like I might have to finally get aroud to installing an Exchange server and push my email, contacts etc the proper way.

brochard

brochard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710
Actually you can get slingplayer to work:

- download http://forum.xda-dev...mp;d=1173575609 (you have to be logged into the forum to download this)
- unzip this file, you'll have 2 DLLs: wmadecoder.dll and wmvdecoder.dll
- copy these DLLs to the \windows directory on your smartphone (eg. via bluetooth)

It's working for me..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users