Black M700

Guest Merlin83b

Guest Merlin83b

I've been trying to get hold of a black M700 for a while, with the usual Orange array of stories. In shops around Manchester I've been told things ranging from "They won't be available for months; Orange Business get all the black ones" to "A black version doesn't exist, you'll have to get the white one" to the hope inducing "We'll have some in later this week."

Calling them up I've been told that I'm on a list to be texted when they're available, with predictions ranging from a few days to a few weeks as to when that might be. All the CSRs admitted they were just guessing, though.

Today, I called and was told by retentions that the black M700 has been out of stock for a couple of weeks, and that they weren't making them any more.

Has anyone had a black M700 from a shop or from calling up recently?

Guest soiauk
I've been trying to get hold of a black M700 for a while, with the usual Orange array of stories. In shops around Manchester I've been told things ranging from "They won't be available for months; Orange Business get all the black ones" to "A black version doesn't exist, you'll have to get the white one" to the hope inducing "We'll have some in later this week."

Calling them up I've been told that I'm on a list to be texted when they're available, with predictions ranging from a few days to a few weeks as to when that might be. All the CSRs admitted they were just guessing, though.

Today, I called and was told by retentions that the black M700 has been out of stock for a couple of weeks, and that they weren't making them any more.

Has anyone had a black M700 from a shop or from calling up recently?

I can sympathise mate, I got exactly the same responses from shops in Manchester myself and also the usual stories from Customer Services, but about 3 weeks ago I got a text from Orange to say that the White ones were out of stock but that the Black ones were available and to call and got through to retentions.... and lo and behold I have now got a Black one.

I would recommend just to keep trying Customer Services, I know its a pain, but I called them every day and eventually it has paid off.

Anyway, I hope you manage to get one!

Phil

I can sympathise mate, I got exactly the same responses from shops in Manchester myself and also the usual stories from Customer Services, but about 3 weeks ago I got a text from Orange to say that the White ones were out of stock but that the Black ones were available and to call and got through to retentions.... and lo and behold I have now got a Black one.

I would recommend just to keep trying Customer Services, I know its a pain, but I called them every day and eventually it has paid off.

Anyway, I hope you manage to get one!

Phil

I was fed up and just went for the white one, which I'm quite happy with as it doesn't have the paint peeling problem and people do look upon it as a bit more "cool" due to the reminiscence of an iPod.

But, you might want to try out www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk as they do black ones I think.

Guest sickboy74

Hello, Im new and this is my first post... please be gentle!

To shed some like on the colour thing... yep, black ones are out there! I was offered black or white when i called orange to upgrade from my crap Nokia N80 "what colour did you want?" said the chap at the Orange upgrades. I asked if there was any differance as some people started to report lack of GPS on the white version "nope both the same" was the reply....

So what colour did i go for.....

WHITE! It looks soooo much better than the boring conservative looking black thing! Oh and I'm a macintosh user, so It had to be really, matches my Ipod & Ibook perfectly :rolleyes:

Oh, and I also got an in-car holder too, I've read on coolsmartphone.co.uk that these should not have been supplied, so that was a result!

I pay £30 a month for 2600 x network mins, unlimited text, unlimited evening and weekend internet (not just for 2 months), and one magic number, its an 18month contract, but at that price its a cracking deal!!!

love the phone to bits!

Guest simonclark123
Hello, Im new and this is my first post... please be gentle!

To shed some like on the colour thing... yep, black ones are out there! I was offered black or white when i called orange to upgrade from my crap Nokia N80 "what colour did you want?" said the chap at the Orange upgrades. I asked if there was any differance as some people started to report lack of GPS on the white version "nope both the same" was the reply....

So what colour did i go for.....

WHITE! It looks soooo much better than the boring conservative looking black thing! Oh and I'm a macintosh user, so It had to be really, matches my Ipod & Ibook perfectly :rolleyes:

Oh, and I also got an in-car holder too, I've read on coolsmartphone.co.uk that these should not have been supplied, so that was a result!

I pay £30 a month for 2600 x network mins, unlimited text, unlimited evening and weekend internet (not just for 2 months), and one magic number, its an 18month contract, but at that price its a cracking deal!!!

love the phone to bits!

Orange keep telling me that the black M700 is only available to corporate customers; however the CPW seem to have got hold of some.

Be aware however that there have been serious issues with the black paint peeling off.

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Guest Merlin83b

I've always been quite careful to only get upgrades direct from Orange - too many times friends have been stung by ending up as a customer of someone else (CPW is a prime example) and unable to use their provider's customer services.

Still no luck on getting an M700, but the guy I just spoke to tried to sell me an E650. No thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RoVal1972

It is very strange...

I have a black one. I am from Romania. Here you can find only black.

Why they bring only blacks in RO and in UK only white ???

• 4 weeks later...