The annoying rubber cover thing on the bottom of the device...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest craighome
...i've ripped mine off already. It's very annoying :D

Anyone else?

P

Reminds me of that useless bit of rubber on my Orange SPV M500/Imate Jam - I intend to remove also when I receive my Orange SPV E650 on Tuesday.... ;) (although I would have bought a HTC Cavalier instead of they hadn't delayed/stopped it :( )

Now if I could just find a provider unlock so I can also use my T-Mobile sim.......

Is the HTC Vox your primary device now Paul? I've got a HTC Tytn at present and I'm forgoing carrying that brick around and hoping the new slower device and data speeds don't annoy me too much.... Haven't had a true smartphone since C500

Regards

Craig

Edited by craighome

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yep... I currently have S710 as my primary device, and a SPV M700 as my secondary device (with my data SIM in).

I think it'll stay this way for a little while until Kaiser comes along ;)

P

Guest Griff_FFOC

Do you think ripping it off will do anything to the warranty/exchange if the unit becomes faulty? I doubt it, but thought i'd check.

Edited by Griff_FFOC

Guest Looby
Yep... I currently have S710 as my primary device, and a SPV M700 as my secondary device (with my data SIM in).

I think it'll stay this way for a little while until Kaiser comes along ;)

P

Which do you think is better Paul, the Vox or the Samsung Blackjack with Wi-Fi?

Guest Samsonite

i've ditched my little black doohickey too... cant trim it very flush tho - any ideas? i've tried to pull it out completely with tweezers but i've still got this annoying little corner of black rubber. More annoying than the original flappy thing in the first place!

No need to rip it off - just use a very small jewellers screwdriver to pry it out...

usbcover.jpg

It's very easy to do and took me out 10 seconds. This way you can always put it back at a later date.

Guest Paul (MVP)
No need to rip it off - just use a very small jewellers screwdriver to pry it out...

It's very easy to do and took me out 10 seconds. This way you can always put it back at a later date.

That's effectively what I did, via brute force :D The actual flap is undamaged and put in the box for safe keeping ;)

P

Guest RSkillz

I ripped it out after 10 sec I had the phone (must be some kind of record ;) )

I use the mini-usb everyday, for music, loading, hooking up to pc, so it had to go.

Bad thing is, mine broke in half...

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Does that USB connector still take standard mini-USB?

• 1 month later...
Guest proto163
Ok, i understand now, i ll keep mine until it rip by it self.

Thanks

I think you'll keep yours until it will become annoying opening itself everytime (without ripping itself out!)...

:-)

Guest proto163

Ehm... I've got same problem with sd-slot rubber cover: I wouldn't pull out even this...

I think that the rubebr cover's problem comes up when the rubber, due to high temperature, expand itself and doesn't fit properly in the slot anymore.

:-(

Shall I rip also the sd cover?

:-(((

Guest kevinsephiroth
Sorry to ask but i don't know what "rip" means :rolleyes:

i'm affraid of what you do to yours, i'm so enjoying mine...

Ca veut dire retirer/extraire. C'est comme ripper un DVD ou un ISO, c'est virer des trucs inutiles quoi ^^

Ah Frenchies are still bad in English :D

Well I think I'm gonna rip it off too, as I use USB connection everyday :P