29 replies to this topic

jayz1220

jayz1220

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:TyTn II, SPV M3100
Hey everyone,

I recently saw a blog post on coolsmartphone, which talked about an article that has been published on The Times (Article) on new data bundles. If its been published on "The Times" surely it means they are going to definately offer it, right?

The article speaks for itself, I just hope that Orange tells all off of its CSRs about them this time!

Could this be the reason I have been unable to get anyone at Orange to find the "Orange World Browsing" bundle in the last few weeks? If anyone has heard any other information I'm sure there will be a lot of people interested in hearing about it. ;)

Regards
Jay

Edited by jayz1220, 24 April 2007 - 10:08 AM.

Swampie

Swampie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III + MDA Vario
Lets just wait and see the T&C's of the deals first... Notice the word 'simplify' in the article... when Orange says that, there's always a big catch!

Edited by Swampie, 24 April 2007 - 09:12 AM.

jayz1220

jayz1220

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I just gave Orange a call and asked about the "new" data bundles that were published on The Times website. The lady said that she had received a note on her system informing her of some new bundles that were due for the end of May and others Q4 2007. Unfortunately, she said that the £8 Anytime unlimited data bundle was due for Q4 2007 ;).

I did ask if there was an official press release/T&C stating this information, but she said that all she had received was a note on their internal systems. I might try sending an email in to get confirmation of this date later, I just hope she was wrong!

Anyone else had a chat with Orange recently and been told the same thing?

Edited by jayz1220, 24 April 2007 - 10:26 AM.

mr_end

mr_end

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
This sounds like exactly what I've been looking for. I live in an area where Tmob reception is non existant. I look forward to seeing confirmation or a press release on the O website ;)

shadamehr

shadamehr

'That' Avatar Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Internet, Games, Women, Phones, Clubbing and Pubbing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  • Twitter:@shadamehr
Slight variation on a post I made over in Modaco itself, on a similar subject to this...

Alas, with Orange, it's too little, too late for me.

To be fair, that's not entirely correct - it might not be too little (though at 50p more than the WnW offering, technically it IS still 'too little' anyway), but it's certainly too late.

And to contrast some of the defence based posts of Orange (which I am genuinely pleased for you, if yours is better coverage etc), I too find that T-Mobile:

1) Offer much better CS - by far.
2) Offer better coverage for me - including blazing HSDPA
3) Offer a good range of devices, despite what one comment alleges.

And just to be clear, as someone with my main voice call contract still with O2, a Flext 35 + WnW contract with T-Mobile with 25% off BOTH elements for life, used mainly for my data and leisure, and an Orange old 3000 texts a month contract for our lass for her incessant texting, I KNOW all about each Network - I am NOT a biased user of just one particular Net, to the unfair criticism of another.

The old adage rings true - the worst Operator is whatever one you just jumped ship from, the best is always the new one you just signed up with, until you jump ship from them in the future" *lol*

Nah, Having a good Flext deal, having the ORIGINAL unlimited WnW without the extra restrictions, and having BOTH elements with 25% off for life due to when I signed up, coupled with a Vario 2, excellent coverage with HSDPA, and good customer service, what else could I ask for - a cherry on the top???

Orange, you really are too little, too late, for all but those that have to rely on you exclusively for coverage where they live, is my humblest of UNBIASED opinions!

Posted Image

jayz1220

jayz1220

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Just to update,

I got a call from Orange's executive office this morning with regards to the data bundle issue. The lady explained that orange had released the £8 per month bundle, but it was only for 30mb, useless!.

She explained that there maybe a future bundle to compete with Tmobile, but for now this is all we are going to get. I told her what I thought of Orange (wasnt pleasant) and hung up.

Anyway, seems like orange are just trying to push us away to Tmobile.

Anyone managed to get the old Browsing bundle applied recently?

Regards
Jay

darrengf

darrengf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Se K800i, P990
See I ckeep Telling people on the forums what Orange are doing and upto.

Customer care is gone down the pan
Call charges are more expenive
Network isnt the best as it used to be (Ive noticed that)
Roaming is now dearer under the new system thatn the old system that cost per min was dearer but you were charged per the second.
1 p sms reports
wap is unlimited (Sorry 30mb is your limit)

Orange lost lots and lots of customers so its up to you.

Only you can make the choice.

t-mobile, 02 and 3 all offer better value than orange.
Ok o2 arnt brill on data, but for me, using my sms bundle abroad is fantastic. No more charges for sms (Unless i go over), phones arnt locked or heavly branded, gr8 customer care, good strong network (Ok 3g isnt brilll) I can use my sms bundle to send a mms.

3 have drastic improved, offer gr8 deals and value for money

t-mobile offer gr8 wnw deals (no other current network beats it and flex t is superb. Gr8 customer care too.

Sorry cant really say anything about voda, in my eyes. Customer care is below average, when you come to a upgrade forget it, network is strong tho, Other wise than that ermmmmm not sure.

Any way its up to you

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Voda now do 120Mb for £7.50 so far better than O - don't know much else about them tho.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

witchnut

witchnut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
When I opened the box of my new SPV E650 there was an offer of unlimited evening and weekend browsing from Orange, free for 2 months and £5/mon thereafter, subject to fair use policy. Just a case of calling 150 to get it added.

This is probably going to suit me, As I'm mostly near a desktop/laptop with internet access or Wi-Fi during working day. I might want to get a couple of anytime Mb/mon added if it isn't too expensive. With the E650 so much more convenient to browse the internet than my previous C600 I should know by the end of the 2 months whether this is what I need.

Anyone else trying it? hows it working out?

Matt

jayz1220

jayz1220

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

When I opened the box of my new SPV E650 there was an offer of unlimited evening and weekend browsing from Orange, free for 2 months and £5/mon thereafter, subject to fair use policy. Just a case of calling 150 to get it added.

This is probably going to suit me, As I'm mostly near a desktop/laptop with internet access or Wi-Fi during working day. I might want to get a couple of anytime Mb/mon added if it isn't too expensive. With the E650 so much more convenient to browse the internet than my previous C600 I should know by the end of the 2 months whether this is what I need.

Anyone else trying it? hows it working out?

Matt

Matt I previously asked the representitve at Orange if I could have both the Anytime (30mb) bundle and Evening and Weekend bundle added to my account, so at least the evening/weekend would be unlimited. I was told that the system would only allow one data bundle added to an account at any one time.

If you are able to do this, please reply as it may provide some improvement on Orange's data service for those of us whom have to stay with Orange for that little bit longer.

Regards
Jay

mr_end

mr_end

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Has anyone noticed that the data bundles have been taken off the new customer sign up pages of orange.co.uk?? Can we expect some sort of announcement soon? Would be nice to get official confirmation on release dates/size limits etc!

darrengf

darrengf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Se K800i, P990
As far as i can gather, they arnt revaming them, but no one knows why they have been removed.

I think they may be rewording them with different names. Like Crap bundle etc. lol

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
They are probably jusyt to ashamed of them to put them on their website....

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

pjheliking

pjheliking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:spv m700

They are probably jusyt to ashamed of them to put them on their website....

they are planning of releasing unlimited data subject to fair usage really soon but i think its something like 30mbs per day wich for me its more that enough. there has been some problems though the techies are somehow finding it hard to apply this for use within consumer markets. And soon it will be free to browse through orange wap home but again somehow difficulties.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
They released new packages at the start of the and the one people 'thought' was unlimited is capped at 30Mb per MONTH - which is laughable. 30Mb a day is reasonable but I think you have mis-understood their plans....

pjheliking

pjheliking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

They released new packages at the start of the and the one people 'thought' was unlimited is capped at 30Mb per MONTH - which is laughable. 30Mb a day is reasonable but I think you have mis-understood their plans....

i work for orange and at their latest roadshow thats where i found out this information. oh and they are changing the name off orange world to emergency sunrise dont know why but they are.

Edited by pjheliking, 25 June 2007 - 09:05 AM.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
I hope you're right but sometimes they don't seem to train their staff to well...
The 30Mb/month data for anytime usage was only introduced at the start of this month - maybe thay have listened to what people thought of it! 30Mb/day seems a bit strange as people are billed monthly, 1Gb /month sounnds so much more but 30Mb/day would be enough for most people (provided they are not using their phone as a modem / for streaming etc - I've jut increased my T-Mob plan from the 1Gb to the 3Gb package .
As for Emergency Sunrise - it makes as much sense as all their other names....

pjheliking

pjheliking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I hope you're right but sometimes they don't seem to train their staff to well...
The 30Mb/month data for anytime usage was only introduced at the start of this month - maybe thay have listened to what people thought of it! 30Mb/day seems a bit strange as people are billed monthly, 1Gb /month sounnds so much more but 30Mb/day would be enough for most people (provided they are not using their phone as a modem / for streaming etc - I've jut increased my T-Mob plan from the 1Gb to the 3Gb package .
As for Emergency Sunrise - it makes as much sense as all their other names....

i double checked today. ye i didnt get trained well but i take time to go through the company intranet. even tho paym cust get charged monthly things like ow get refreshed every twentyfour hours so if u went over 30mb in a twenty four hour period it wud easily be charged to your account. yeah emergency sunrise that is oe weird name dunno why they cant keep it simple.

Griff_FFOC

Griff_FFOC

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Devices:SPV C600/E650
After logging into my Orange account, and clicking "Manage my bundles", the options available for me to set myself without ringing CS are:

Mbs per month / cost per month
none / £0.00
OW Daily Capped Usage / £0.00
Unlimited Evening & Weekend Browsing / £5.00
30 / £8.00
80 / £41.13

So I guess these are some (if not all) of the options available. Although as this seems to sugges, the 30 and 80 are mb per month and not per day. I also can't find out the details of the daily capped option.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
The 30Mb does appear to be per Month, pjheliking is the only person that has suggested that it is per day - can he confirm whether it is daily or monthly as he works for them? everyone else believes it to be per month but it could just be very poor info from Orange.

The daily capped rate has to be requested each day on Orange (unlike T) via either phone or text and is £1/day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users