wifi "Bleep"

Guest adds

Once I put my E650 down, after a few minutes when the screen switches off, it emits a loud "bleep". I'm assuming this is something to do with the wi-fi being switched off.

On resuming, it emits another loud "bleep" - Presumably when it re-finds the wifi.

Is there anyway to switch this off? I can't find an option anywhere and it's slightly annoying.

Thanks.

Guest nexxexium
Once I put my E650 down, after a few minutes when the screen switches off, it emits a loud "bleep". I'm assuming this is something to do with the wi-fi being switched off.

On resuming, it emits another loud "bleep" - Presumably when it re-finds the wifi.

Is there anyway to switch this off? I can't find an option anywhere and it's slightly annoying.

Thanks.

comm manager - on wifi - settings - wlan settings - wifi - menu->wifi settings

Thanks, but I tried that. I tried setting "Available network notification" to Off, but still get the bleep.

Guest creamhackered

that doesn't stop the bleep, that just stops the notification of a new wifi network...?!

I'd like to disable the bleep too, also when you hit down sometimes on the device it makes an annoying bleep!

Guest nexxexium
that doesn't stop the bleep, that just stops the notification of a new wifi network...?!

I'd like to disable the bleep too, also when you hit down sometimes on the device it makes an annoying bleep!

Dude, you need to set turn off wifi not connectin in :

never.

Guest Gajit
Dude, you need to set turn off wifi not connectin in :

never.

He wants to turn of the beep, not change the way his Wi-Fi is managed.

I'm finding this beep annoying. Seems to do it when you make a call as well. Doesn't matter how quite you've got all the sounds set (other than silent, of course!), the beep still blasts out across the room.

Guest juliankay

Another vote here for getting rid of it. It doesn't even sound nice.

I bet it could be changed for another sound in the registry somewhere ;)

Another vote here for getting rid of it. It doesn't even sound nice.

I bet it could be changed for another sound in the registry somewhere ;)

I know that on Pocket PC there is an option in "Sounds and Notifications" for "Wireless Network detected" and you can choose whether to have sound, vibrate etc etc....is it not similar on the Vox? Not sure as it's been a while since I had a Smartphone device.

Not that this is much help to anyone else, but mines stopped bleeping(!)

I really haven't changed anything, so I don't know why it's done it. My wifi is still set to turn off after x seconds, but it no longer bleeps when it finds, or disconnects from wifi.

A.

• 3 weeks later...