Bluetooth Headsets and A2DP

Guest nowimboard

Guest nowimboard

Evening all,

I bought these Sony Headphones.

But don't all go rushing out to buy them! The sound if awful on them! Something I would never have expected from Sony headphones. I looked in the user manual and it mentions about setting the bluetooth connection to A2DP but I cnat find anything on the phone that I can change. I'm currently on the phone to orange 18mins on hold and counting... Honestly, if they are always busy, ave they ever thought of employing more people? Or do all the staff work in the retentions department, trying to keep the customers?!

Anyway, I just though I would make a post about the A2DP in case anyone else had these problems ;)

EDIT:

Only 22 mins on hold! :D although I have been passed around between two departments already! And it sounds like they don't know what the hell I'm talking about! So that makes two of us! Well he came back and said, for some reason A2DP profiles weren't loaded onto the phone. Its only recently gone on for the M5000. and that been out for must be two years now! So I'm going to have to wait a while longer! :(

So in short. NO A2DP ON THE E650 AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME

Edited by nowimboard

Guest Dster
So in short. NO A2DP ON THE E650 AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME

Any word on whether this affects non-branded S710s? I thought A2DP was standard in the Windows Mobile bluetooth 2.0 stack.

Guest nowimboard
Any word on whether this affects non-branded S710s? I thought A2DP was standard in the Windows Mobile bluetooth 2.0 stack.

http://www.gsmhelpdesk.nl/en/specs.php?id=2031

This says it does.

I'm going to have a hunt for a patch or something on-line. Mayeb something you can get from Windows Mobile. Although the Mobile 6 site looked rubbish last time.

The sound if awful on them! Something I would never have expected from Sony headphones.

It's not the headphones, it's the (Windows Mobile) phone.

I have similar Sony Bluetooth headphones that when connected to the Vox sound awful - yet when connected to my friends Sony Ericsson phone sound very good indeed. In fact I tried them on my MTeoR a couple of weeks back and they sounded equally bad.

It's a real shame as they're very convenient when I'm travelling on the train every day.

Anyone out there with an unbranded S710 that can test this? Paul?

I'm running an HTC S710 and it does include the A2DP profile - that's what gives us the Wireless Stereo profile - and has been included in Windows Mobile since version 5.0

Guest nowimboard
Your link claims that the branded E650 contains the A2DP profile, which, from what was reported here, is erroneous.

Anyone out there with an unbranded S710 that can test this? Paul?

If someone does have one, I think we'll find that it does have it. Its so bloody annoying! Why do Orange have to fiddle and remove things all the time?!

Also TDK.

I tried the headphones on my K800i last night, worked fine. Least I can rule out the headphones.

If you are using an Orange phone, I know it says about about the wireless stereo, but from what I can make out its not A2DP. The orange operative double checked and said that it wasn’t loaded on there.

Guest Phrak

I've just received my HTC branded S710 and have attached my Sony HBH-DS970 'phones to the phone. And the music audio sounds like sh!t :P

That and I didn't receive a pouch in the box :rolleyes:

I can't see any options to turn on/off A2DP on the S710. Any ideas?

Guest d7oad

Been using my E650 with the Sony MEX BT5000 A2DP head unit and the it sounded terrible. Almost as bad as an old casette player.

So I tried some of the A2DP reg tweaks from modaco and xda developers. The sound quality is now spot on!

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings\

BitPool DWORD 51

MaxSupportedBitPool DWORD 60

SampleRate DWORD 48000

UseJointStereo DWORD 0

Cant remember if i changed the one below or it was already at that value.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway\

Capability DWORD 60

Once changed delete pairing from your phone and device.

Soft reset the phone and re pair.

Dont know if it safe to change these values, i lost my pairing for handsfree with the head unit for a bit but it fixed itself.

These probably arent the most optimal values for sound quality for everyone but i hope it helps.

Guest mvdweij

excuse me but how do you change the settings in the registry?

I downloaded mobileregistryeditor but when i want to change a value i get a acces denied message. I tried to find some progrmas to unlock the phone but i haven't found anything yet. I bought a stereo plantronic headset but it doesnt sound that well so i like to try this registry hack.

Thnx

Ps I got a E650

Guest d7oad
excuse me but how do you change the settings in the registry?

I downloaded mobileregistryeditor but when i want to change a value i get a acces denied message. I tried to find some progrmas to unlock the phone but i haven't found anything yet. I bought a stereo plantronic headset but it doesnt sound that well so i like to try this registry hack.

Thnx

Ps I got a E650

I have app unlocked my E650 using the orange france link in a previous post.

To edit the registry I am using Total Commander.

Cant post the links righy now as im posting from my phone.

Guest Phrak

Have made the changes, but will have to wait till I get home tonight to confirm audio quality.

For the record, the Default Settings are as follows:

BitPool DWORD 30

MaxSupportedBitPool DWORD 30

SampleRate

UseJointStereo DWORD 1

Capability DWORD 37

Thanks again in advance d7oad :rolleyes:

Tim

Guest d7oad
Have made the changes, but will have to wait till I get home tonight to confirm audio quality.

For the record, the Default Settings are as follows:

BitPool DWORD 30

MaxSupportedBitPool DWORD 30

SampleRate

UseJointStereo DWORD 1

Capability DWORD 37

Thanks again in advance d7oad :rolleyes:

Tim

Dont mention it. Hope it helps and works!

Guest TDK

Cool, I've just made the registry changes and it now sounds much better!

(Although, still not quite as good as my wired headphones)

Thanks!

Guest nowimboard

Been using my E650 with the Sony MEX BT5000 A2DP head unit and the it sounded terrible. Almost as bad as an old casette player.

So I tried some of the A2DP reg tweaks from modaco and xda developers. The sound quality is now spot on!

BitPool DWORD 51

MaxSupportedBitPool DWORD 60

SampleRate DWORD 48000

UseJointStereo DWORD 0

Cant remember if i changed the one below or it was already at that value.

Capability DWORD 60

Once changed delete pairing from your phone and device.

Soft reset the phone and re pair.

Dont know if it safe to change these values, i lost my pairing for handsfree with the head unit for a bit but it fixed itself.

These probably arent the most optimal values for sound quality for everyone but i hope it helps.

Have I ever told you how much I love you! :rolleyes: :P

Thank you so much!!!

Guest mutejute

i just ordered the e650 from orange today. so A2DP is not enabled by default? with regards to the registry hacks mentioned in this thread, is that a full A2DP functionality? i really want to use this phone as my mp3 player. using a2dp bt headphones would be nice. im thinking of buying the iTech S35 Clip BT which has a standard 3.5mm audio jack so i can use my favorite headphones with it. heres the s35 bt pic:

31ASW8TVD9L._SS500_.jpg

Guest rfsteel
i just ordered the e650 from orange today. so A2DP is not enabled by default? with regards to the registry hacks mentioned in this thread, is that a full A2DP functionality? i really want to use this phone as my mp3 player. using a2dp bt headphones would be nice. im thinking of buying the iTech S35 Clip BT which has a standard 3.5mm audio jack so i can use my favorite headphones with it. heres the s35 bt pic:

31ASW8TVD9L._SS500_.jpg

I'm using the following A2DP headphones http://www.mymemory.co.uk/memory/Sony/DR-B...ereo/Headphones - bargain price too, with the above registry hacks and all is working great.

The only annoyance is when listening to MP3's via MediaPlayer or TCPMP and a call comes in, I have to restart the app after the call to enable playback via bluetooth, though this could be related to the lack of Headset profile on the E650.

Edited by rfsteel

Guest mutejute
The only annoyance is when listening to MP3's via MediaPlayer or TCPMP and a call comes in, I have to restart the app after the call to enable playback via bluetooth, though this could be related to the lack of Headset profile on the E650.

Does it happen when using bluetooth only? What if youre using wired connection, can you resume playback after the call?

Guest Bugs

Hi Guys

Can anyone give any more information on the "Capability" value in the registry.

I have found that with a value of "37" the phone will ring when a call comes in and the headset will ring with a standard ringtone.

With a value of "60" the phone will not ring but the ringtone gets transfered to the headset.

Does anyone know if there is a combined value - to ring the ringtone on both at the same time?

Hope this helps the people that have a A2DP headset and have found the the phone does not ring anymore - I missed lots of calls in the can when i didn't have the earpeices in.

FYI. I have a SE DS-970 A2DP headset and everything works really well.

Thanks

Ben

Guest sting0r

Thanks for the settings, this works great on my Vox. I was wondering why the sound was so crappy compared to my Dash. I am using Motorola HT820 headphones, sounds 100x better :rolleyes:

Guest ghm101

Using these Bluphones from gear4 with SPV e650 & above registry hacks,

just got them today, sound great.

support voice dialing.

media player behaves itself with calling, - stops track, press to answer, end call = resume track.

controls for next track, prev trac & pause all work.

pairing was very easy.

http://www.gear4.com/product_detail.php?products_id=304

they are 26g

very unobtrusive.

£50

supposed 5hrs playback/talk 60 hours standby, I will post back if not vaguely accurate

maybe they could be louder but can't really complain for the size

Pic attached give you an idea of how small they are

post-57222-1179930154_thumb.jpg

Edited by ghm101