DirectPush peak / offpeak resume issue on S710?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I have a weird problem on my S710, which i've hard reset and then been able to reproduce.

I have my device set up for directpush, with peak hours set from 7:00 to 23:59. During these times the device has always on mail, outside of these times (off peak), the device is set to retrieve mail manually. This is generally to save battery, as I rarely want to read mail between midnight and 7 in the morning ;)

On my other devices (e.g. my SPV M700), it all works fine. However, on my S710, when I wake up in the morning (after 7am), the mail hasn't started flowing, and I have to do a send/receive to get it going.

Anyone else seen similar symptoms?

P

Guest AWLala

I'm set up the same, except my peak times are 06:20 to 00:01. Why 00:01 , pretty much the same as you I think, trying to avoid 00:00 and the problems I'm sure could be attributed to that !

Had mail this morning when I checked after coming out of the shower, that was with no intervention. (using 4smartphone as my service).

I may try setting it at 23:59 tonight, see if I get mail in the morning.

Phil

Guest AWLala

That's good to hear!

I changed mine last night to end peak times at 23:59 , seemed to work OK in the morning as well when it came on again, as I got the 'spam' that had slipped through.

Phil

Guest boyo69
I'm set up the same, except my peak times are 06:20 to 00:01. Why 00:01 , pretty much the same as you I think, trying to avoid 00:00 and the problems I'm sure could be attributed to that !

Had mail this morning when I checked after coming out of the shower, that was with no intervention. (using 4smartphone as my service).

I may try setting it at 23:59 tonight, see if I get mail in the morning.

Phil

same here, using 4smartphone (wicked service!) and have it set for 8am start and 7pm finish (just so i can leave it on the telephone table and not have it beep and wake up my 4yr old !)...........all working fine as far as i can see

great device isnt it ?! thought the 'smartphone' or standard version of WM6 would be a little crippled compared to 'full fat' WM5 Pocket PC, but very impressed so far.........the Office viewers i think are even better in presenting spreadsheets on that great screen!

any ideas on how to turn off the noise made every time the keyboard slides out and back though?

Mark

Guest boyo69
It's right down the bottom of Start->Settings->Sounds :rolleyes:

P

of course ! cheers Paul, been off Smartphone for a while, Treo 750v mainly for work............