Remove S710 application lock / install prompt

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Griff_FFOC
Install this CAB to remove S710 application locking / install prompt.

Interested to hear if it works on the E650 too?

P

RemoveSecurity.CAB

It installs fine on my E650, but not sure which app to install to test the outcome.

Guest gesam
It installs fine on my E650, but not sure which app to install to test the outcome.

Dear Sir what this cab is supposed to do to the phone>

Where will be useful for? :rolleyes:

Guest gesam
Enables installing third party software or settings that would otherwise be blocked by security on the phone.

Dear Sir many thanks for your answer.Let me to understand well..

Lets say for example to install a program with registry hacks or a plugin for the Home Screen etc? :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest snajafi

I've installed it on my E650 (UK) but still can't install any other apps. Still get the message, "program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions". :rolleyes:

Guest snajafi

I've installed it on my E650 (UK) but still can't install any other apps. Still get the message, "program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions". :rolleyes:

Edited by snajafi

Guest Prof. Yaffle

I got that on mine on some apps on my E650. I had to change a registry setting as well to allow everything to install. I'll have a look for it.

Guest Phoenix50

I've been trying to do this too - the CAB file installs fine, but then doesn't appear to relax the security.

The only way I did it was to go to the France Telecom website, input my phone and number details, and then run a CAB that they emailed me to de-activate security on the phone "the official orange way" - *that* appears to have worked fine.

On another note, I tried to install Paul's de-branding CAB for the S710 on to it - previously I'd been having problems with the installation permissions, but this time it installed fine; following a reboot though, it doesn't appear to have de-branded anything, as all the Orange bloatware is still there :rolleyes:

Phoenix50

Guest xavalon

Paul,

can you tell us what registry changes it makes. I cannot get to install this applications as it let hangs the phone and i have to remove the battery in order to reboot the phone. But the changes aren't made yet then.

Guest stevo25

arrrggggghhhh help did a full reset and cant unlock apps on my phone tried the orange one and the modaco 1 and cant run tomtom or regedit

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest RalphP

P

RemoveSecurity.CAB

I've tried this app, aswell as the SDA_Application_Unlocker and both of them do not give me the desired result.

When using SDA_Unlocker, I get an error stating "SDA_Application_Unlock is not a valid Windows CE-application" (in dutch, I have to add, as I got my phone with an Orange subscription.

When I use RemoveSecurity.cab I don't get an error but when I try to run OmapClock after the soft-reset, it tells me "Initialization Failed. Reason: Can't map I/O-port"

I've been trying all kinds of combo's, eg: App 1, reboot. App 2, reboot and it still doesn't work. I'm just about to give up!! AAArrrgghhhh

Is there anyone who has an idea? Maybe it's a better idea to open a new thread, perhaps?

Thanks in advance, guys!

• 1 year later...
Guest present

This appears to install fine on my S740 but then I cannot see it in the menus! What should I be looking for? Tried installing a couple of times and resetting... :)