Official Final T-Mobile Dash WM6 Upgrade

Guest pankul

Guest pankul

Speaking of Windows Mobile 6, if you're really in a rush to get the new OS onto your T-Mobile Dash, hit up the link at the end of the post to grab it. It's the official T-Mobile release, so there shouldn't be any compatibility problems from having another device's ROM. And since it's the official release, it probably has the T-Mobile branding in there as well.

[Edit]As mentioned in the pinned thread please do not link to unofficial ROM downloads![/Edit]

Guest pankul

dont forget to post your experiences of upgrade...

so far I have not updated, just waiting a lil bit to see if there are any major issues reported.

so far i have read ...

Someone installed it last night, took about 10 minutes to do. They had to do the update on old XP laptop though, for some reason the ROM won't work with Vista. It works great so far, and dash is faster and has better battery life...

Guest Confucious

As it's a leaked ROM on Rapidshare it#s hhardly "official" is it?

RUU upgrades can't be done on Vista without following the instructions Paul has posted elsewhere.

Guest pankul

From what i have heard its supposed to come out may 4th. so 2 days early so this is un-oficial release of the official rom.

RUU upgrades can't be done on Vista without following the instructions Paul has posted elsewhere.

Can you point us to that thread oh enlightened One! :rolleyes:

Guest jfreiman

Installs EASILY on Vista without any special instructions.

2 of my friends as well as I installed the RUU update on Vista Ultimate and Home Premium.

-John

Guest Earl28

I don't have many post but have been reading here since I got my dash. It installed pretty easy took about 5 mintues is my guess. It has to do a hard reboot and some other things but just sit back and let it do it's thing. I was tripping alittle about maybe having to buy a new phone but it turned out great. Looks like I might get a little better battery life Can't tell. Also there are times when it seems like it is faster and others when it seems like it is slower. Does use a tad more memory but nothing to cry about. If someone finds out how to Change the IE home page let me know. Thx...

Guest vkhanorkar

Guys,

Be carefull, all these discussion are totally illegal on Modaco. Monolithix had already put up a pinned message for this. Please read that.

~vkhanorkar

I don't have many post but have been reading here since I got my dash. It installed pretty easy took about 5 mintues is my guess. It has to do a hard reboot and some other things but just sit back and let it do it's thing. I was tripping alittle about maybe having to buy a new phone but it turned out great. Looks like I might get a little better battery life Can't tell. Also there are times when it seems like it is faster and others when it seems like it is slower. Does use a tad more memory but nothing to cry about. If someone finds out how to Change the IE home page let me know. Thx...

Guest dropofdreams

Yeah, I uploaded this ROM a couple of days ago and had the thread closed...I understand why it is against the rules and besides, it will be available to T-Mobile subscribers in a few hours from now anyway. It's pretty much the same OS so far...You'll see for yourselves but personally, it's nothing special...I am actually considering downgrading.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Hi guys. As mentioned above this is against forum rules, please check them out, we have pinned and announcement topics for a reason :rolleyes:

I'm as excited about WM6 as everyone else and theres nothing like a ROM update to let you expand how you use your handsets even futher, but we have the rules for a reason and would appreciate it if you could respect them. Thanks to those who have been so understanding so far!

If you already have the update, so be it, enjoy and we aren't going to stop you discussing your experiences with it. But until its official release (just one more day!) by T-Mobile then linking is not allowed.

Thanks!

Guest kburkhart84
Hi guys. As mentioned above this is against forum rules, please check them out, we have pinned and announcement topics for a reason :rolleyes:

I'm as excited about WM6 as everyone else and theres nothing like a ROM update to let you expand how you use your handsets even futher, but we have the rules for a reason and would appreciate it if you could respect them. Thanks to those who have been so understanding so far!

If you already have the update, so be it, enjoy and we aren't going to stop you discussing your experiences with it. But until its official release (just one more day!) by T-Mobile then linking not allowed.

Thanks!

Cool, since you will let us talk about experiences, I want to know a couple of things. If it is posted on the web somewhere, let me know. I want to know what differences are between the two OSs WM5 and WM6. Besides minor cosmetic things, what is different as far as functionality and feature set. The browser on my dash with WM5 reports itself as IE4. Does WM6 update the browser?? What other functionality things are changed and made better/or worse??

Also, the web posted somewhere I'm mentioning is information on WM6, not the rom itself.

Guest johnlo

my DASH is unlock and I am using it on Cingular. If i upgrade it to WM6 (using the offical one from TMobile).. will it still be unlock??

john

Guest tcarmich

Just tried it on my MDA Mail (UK version of Dash) and it errors with wrong model ID. Anyone know where the UK download is ? or if there is one!

Guest dickybilly
Dash WM6 is officially out now :rolleyes:

http://www.t-mobileapps.com/downloadcenter...fm?selDevice=27

It looks like the same as the "leaked" one. They are the same size and Total Commander says they are (binary) identical.

So please go on and post you're experience....

if this was the link to the "official WM6" for the DASH, the link doesn't work any longer

Guest pugwonk
my DASH is unlock and I am using it on Cingular. If i upgrade it to WM6 (using the offical one from TMobile).. will it still be unlock??

john

I'm in the same boat with this one, and I'm equally retiscent to try the upgraded ROM - has anyone else tried this?

Chris

Guest Sheniferous
I'm in the same boat with this one, and I'm equally retiscent to try the upgraded ROM - has anyone else tried this?

Chris

I unlocked my Dash shortly before leaving for an extended business trip to China and I've upgraded with no problems with using a local SIM card.

Guest pankul

I have been using this ROM for quite some days now... VERY Happy with it. No regrets. The phone is very responsive, HTML mail is NICE (works only on POP/IMAP accounts) Exchange users still see plain text emails, unless they have their

organizations shell money out money for Exchange Server 2007

Bluetooth Headset profile seems to be enhanced. I pair this phone with my car Acura TL 05, and now I see Battery Strength, and Signal Strength on my Car's screen. Previously I had to install a third party utility from jetware mobile.

http://www.modaco.com/Improve-your-Bluetoo...le-t244846.html

Cannot say if bluetooth Phone Book sync etc works by default also, since my car does not support that,

You can also setup the phone to check email every 5 mins... instead of 15 mins.

Most welcome feature (very subtle) is the Dialer App seems even smarter.

1. you can now dial 1800 Flowers directly from the qwerty keyboard (just hold the alt key)

2. Last dialed contact only shows once instead of many times when looking up by name

IE seems to be faster,and supporting lot more non-standard or rather more complex HTML sites.

So come on people jump the gun, and do it up. nothing to loose, and since its official TMO Upgrade, if you brick the phone, or dont like it, TMO should help you out.

P

Guest goswin
Speaking of Windows Mobile 6, if you're really in a rush to get the new OS onto your T-Mobile Dash, hit up the link at the end of the post to grab it. It's the official T-Mobile release, so there shouldn't be any compatibility problems from having another device's ROM. And since it's the official release, it probably has the T-Mobile branding in there as well.

[Edit]As mentioned in the pinned thread please do not link to unofficial ROM downloads![/Edit]

Hi all,

I have downloaded the T-Mobile Dash upgrade to WM6 but my S620 is not a T-Mobile one, so when I run it shows ERROR 244: invalid model ID.

Anybody had that same problem? Anybody knows how to solve this?

Bye

Guest Thomas Winterman
I have downloaded the T-Mobile Dash upgrade to WM6 but my S620 is not a T-Mobile one, so when I run it shows ERROR 244: invalid model ID.

Bye

hi all,

i just talked to HTC Europe and they will bring an upgrade in "june". (there is also a press statement on the homepage - just in german)

hf TW

Guest goswin
hi all,

i just talked to HTC Europe and they will bring an upgrade in "june". (there is also a press statement on the homepage - just in german)

hf TW

Thanks for the info