How to soft reset E650 ?

Guest z4n

Guest Samsonite
Switch it off and back on. :rolleyes:

now that is the obvious answer!!!

what about a utility to do same action from within the menu system? i have scoured the freeware apps site to no avail!

on PPC you can get a software based reset that means you dont have to go poking around with the stylus for the tiniest of holes in the unit somewhere.. very useful when in the car or the dark!

Guest Pr0sper
what about a utility to do same action from within the menu system? i have scoured the freeware apps site to no avail!

on PPC you can get a software based reset that means you dont have to go poking around with the stylus for the tiniest of holes in the unit somewhere.. very useful when in the car or the dark!

Try Facade. It allows a reset button in the Launcher section.

Guest Samsonite
I use SmartReset

you got ant more details on this? i've google'd it and can only get non-English pages.

is it good for WMStandard without causing headaches on memory etc?

looks like a candidate for a free app recommendation if it does what the translated Chinese pages say tho!

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Each to their own and that :rolleyes: But whats wrong with just a power cycle using the power button (Smartphones don't have a reset button...?)

Guest Samsonite
Each to their own and that :rolleyes: But whats wrong with just a power cycle using the power button (Smartphones don't have a reset button...?)

having been used to a PPC for a while where i had a neat little utility on the Today screen, i find it a bit of a pain to switch the phone off with an extended press of the flush button and then have to wait for it to power down completely before having to again push the same button with the same fingernail for a few seconds before the little light comes on in the speaker telling me its going to start booting up.!

More than once i have come back to my phone after i thought i had switched it back on to find out i hadnt!! having a neat little app that did this same as the on/off activity would be a neat addition i feel...

Guest rondoayu

base on my HTC S710 manual, remove battery when phone in on position and wait 3 second then reinsert battery and turn on

Guest Pr0sper
having been used to a PPC for a while where i had a neat little utility on the Today screen, i find it a bit of a pain to switch the phone off with an extended press of the flush button and then have to wait for it to power down completely before having to again push the same button with the same fingernail for a few seconds before the little light comes on in the speaker telling me its going to start booting up.!

More than once i have come back to my phone after i thought i had switched it back on to find out i hadnt!! having a neat little app that did this same as the on/off activity would be a neat addition i feel...

Read the topic, and read that Facade allows this.

Guest Samsonite
Read the topic, and read that Facade allows this.

read the topic and went to the Facade website.

Didn't want to pay for the function so am still looking for a freeware option.....

Thanks for your help tho...

Guest Pr0sper
read the topic and went to the Facade website.

Didn't want to pay for the function so am still looking for a freeware option.....

Thanks for your help tho...

Ok, no need to buy Facade... if you don't want calendar, tasks & launcher on your homescreen :D

Found this by a quick google search:

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/System-U...-Off-8407.shtml

Looks nice, though I'm not sure if it will work on WM6 (screenshot is WM2002/2003 :rolleyes: ). Give it a try :P

Guest Samsonite
Ok, no need to buy Facade... if you don't want calendar, tasks & launcher on your homescreen :D

Found this by a quick google search:

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/System-U...-Off-8407.shtml

Looks nice, though I'm not sure if it will work on WM6 (screenshot is WM2002/2003 :rolleyes: ). Give it a try :P

thanks for the link!!

i am always dubious about installing anything with no form of review.. I know someone has to try it first but i am too paranoid!! a couple of bad experiences and hard resets (admittedly not with this phone yet) mean i need a someone to ask if its safeware.