25 replies to this topic

slimgym

slimgym

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:iPhone, E51
The latest (1.8 or 1.9 depending on hardware version) is still very slow and crashy, I had been hoping WM6 will sort all this out but time is dragging on and still no sign of it! Some people seem to have it preloaded in phones but I don't think anyone has yet managed to extract it to an installer for those stuck waiting.

The SPL firmware update to 1.8/1.9 is not on the FTP site, you need to go to http://www.clubimate...CE_SPL_UPD.aspx to download it. It's probably better than what you have but don't expect much.

hs3us

hs3us

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
"i-mate SPL" is "PhoneOne s101" in Thailand. It's up to wm6!!!

Attached Files

slimgym

slimgym

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:iPhone, E51
I really need some sort of update to the SPL, it's rapidly becoming a joke how daily the thing crashes, locks up and the like. It's not even that I have anything loaded on it - I flattened it a while back and never re-installed any junk.

It could be that WM6 won't sort the stability, but I really hope so. The WM5 implementation on the SP5m is far better and much more stable than on the SPL. I'm ready to desert the smartphone. I don't want a big phone, I want something small, fast, reliable. I might even go back to a standard phone (probably a Nokia) at this rate!!!

To cap it all off, i-mate seem to have changed the website and dumped the user data so I now need to re-register to check for updates :D

Edited by slimgym, 07 March 2008 - 10:01 PM.

hs3us

hs3us

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

"i-mate SPL" is "PhoneOne s101" in Thailand. It's up to wm6!!!

Attached Files

Davob

Davob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:IMate SPL

I recently recieved an i-mate SPL as a gift for my birthday. the company that sold it was TravrrlTele.com based out of Fort Lauderdale, Fl, USA. It came preinstalled with WM6.0, Microsoft Office Mobile, and some other stuff.

The phone works perfectly (except I can't find how to enable T9) but I beleive it was flashed with WM6.0 after getting shipped from i-mate before getting shipped to me.

same issue here ... :D haha ...... I hate texting without T9 ... lol

ali faghihi

ali faghihi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:imate spl
can you help me to install arabic or persian font on i-mate spl En Ver 6.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users