How do I enable ClearType?

Guest Chaser92

Guest rikpotts

I think you can do it in the registry. I havent got the qtek rom anymore because I dont think its possible to get the text fields to work in english.

Im on the t-mobile rom and its not too bad. The menus are a bit fiddly.... either way it has a registry entry for cleartype.

hklm\system\gdi\cleartype.

Id imagine you will have to set it to 1.

Guest Chaser92
I think you can do it in the registry. I havent got the qtek rom anymore because I dont think its possible to get the text fields to work in english.

Im on the t-mobile rom and its not too bad. The menus are a bit fiddly.... either way it has a registry entry for cleartype.

hklm\system\gdi\cleartype.

Id imagine you will have to set it to 1.

PLEASE, send me your TMobile rom link at [email protected]! I have enabled ClearType but textboxes still give numbers, and I CAN'T TALK ON THE PHONE (second person doesn't hear me)

Guest rikpotts

The t-mobile rom is one which can be posted here.....

http://www.tm-phonedownloads.com/download_manager_sda_2.html

The menus are worse than I first thought.... stuff like calculator, task etc are under an "Organiser" shortcut, messages is something similar because it gives you the option for email and stuff before sms. Im sure all this can be editted in the registry but I gave up trying because it was 4am!

Also the media centre button are for Opera (which for some reason wont load up.... I wanted opera too! better than IE), Calendar, Contacts and Messages.

I want to try and find out which files on the t-mobile rom make it english so I can try copying them over but I bet you cant paste onto \windows.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Edited by rikpotts