fastbike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ETEN X500

I hope this will work on my phone.

http://www.samsung.c...0517_0000346824

Sadly, it won't.
Anything over 2GB is likely to be the newer "HC" type SD card, which is not supported by the processor in the current machines.
I'm hoping that they will address this for the X800 !

ifti001

ifti001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Eten M700

Sadly, it won't.
Anything over 2GB is likely to be the newer "HC" type SD card, which is not supported by the processor in the current machines.
I'm hoping that they will address this for the X800 !

It is supported by the processor. All you need is the proper firmware and driver to read SDHC cards in any SDIO port.

fastbike

fastbike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ETEN X500

It is supported by the processor. All you need is the proper firmware and driver to read SDHC cards in any SDIO port.

I stand corrected ! The manufacturers data for the processor says that only the original standard of SD cards are supported (hence my previous comments), but it does appear that some clever folk have managed to make SDHC work on other machines that use the same processor by using suitable driver firmware.
This might mean that SDHC is supported on future E-TEN devices, although I fear that the likelyhood of E-TEN upgrading existing devices to support SDHC is minimal. I have contacted them on this subject, but the only response is that cards above 2GB are not supported. Sadly, it's a like brick wall.

Despite this, I'd encourage all readers to email e-ten with request to update their WM6 drivers to support SDHC, now we are confident that it can be done. If enough people shout, maybe they might listen.

- Steve

ifti001

ifti001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Eten M700

I stand corrected ! The manufacturers data for the processor says that only the original standard of SD cards are supported (hence my previous comments), but it does appear that some clever folk have managed to make SDHC work on other machines that use the same processor by using suitable driver firmware.
This might mean that SDHC is supported on future E-TEN devices, although I fear that the likelyhood of E-TEN upgrading existing devices to support SDHC is minimal. I have contacted them on this subject, but the only response is that cards above 2GB are not supported. Sadly, it's a like brick wall.

Despite this, I'd encourage all readers to email e-ten with request to update their WM6 drivers to support SDHC, now we are confident that it can be done. If enough people shout, maybe they might listen.

- Steve

Again you can take it however you would please but the bottom line is Eten M700 has the hardware for SDHC and it works too. All we need is the proper firmware/ driver to read sdhc cards.

adamliddy

adamliddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I hope this will work on my phone.

http://www.samsung.c...0517_0000346824

Not sure what phone you have but I have one of these in my M800 and it works perfectly - I assume it would work in the X800 as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users