Cheapest Practical Data Plan for Blackjack? (Cingular)

Guest Sudo

Guest Sudo

I'm planning on getting a Blackjack through Cingular soon but I was very disappointed to see that I can't get MEdia Net for it, but instead must pay twice as much for Data Connect/PDA Connect.

So, what is the cheapest practical data plan for browsing, email, and occasional/minimal downloads? Is 5mb enough?

Since I don't really need Windows mobile, I was considering getting the Razr V3xx for cheaper HSDPA, but I like the keyboard and better camera on the blackjack.

Also, are there issues with the Blackjack running free apps like Opera and Gmail (besides the connecting to server prompt)?

Thanks for your help

Guest smittyofdhs
*bump*

I'm using the Smartphone Unlimted Data plan which is 19.99 and right out of the box I get full internet (with laptop tethering) and MediaNet as well. Oringally I had the 1meg medianet. If you are buying it in-store or online and it's forcing you to use the higher priced pda packages, then take it for now. Then you can log on and change the data plan to whatever you want after that. That's what I did....

Edited by smittyofdhs

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kd5uzz

I use MediaMax... same as the PDA connect except I get 200messages also. Had to have someone with access to POSII do it, it will allow any feature code to be added to any plan.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest travistripp

I just switched from prepaid to my dads family plan with unlimited data now any time I try to use the internet it get an error that says " The remote party has ended this connection." I didn't tell them I had a blackjack. I guess I have to go on the website and add an extra plan or something. Att sucks.