Serious HELP with Eten X500 - Red Light Blinking - Does not TURN ON

Guest juzer

Guest juzer

I have no idea what happened. I was trying to take the cover off, to take out my SIM card, and it took some effort since the geniuses who designed this did NOT, AT ALL think of how customers would do this... ANYWAYS.

So I took the back cover off. Took out by SIM. Put the battery back in and BAM!

Red light keeps blinking every time I press the power button.

I have tried resetting it with power + reset button, but that only makes the red light blink faster.

I have also tried hard resetting with power + reset, and then press the red end call button for 4 seconds -- No luck.

Can anyone please help me? I tried downloading the WM6 ROM hoping that flashing it would help, but activesync doesn't recognize anything connected at all, so the flashing deal wouldn't work.

Etencorp.com website is totally useless - No help there. www.eten-users.eu / .net is also down.

PLEASE HELP!

Guest dogo

On the M700, the Red light blinking means the Back Cover is not on correctly when you try to switch it on!

You could check the back cover and see it the little lug has broken off? As itis this what operates a swich when the cover

is installed to allow you to switch the device on?

Regards

Dogo

I have no idea what happened. I was trying to take the cover off, to take out my SIM card, and it took some effort since the geniuses who designed this did NOT, AT ALL think of how customers would do this... ANYWAYS.

So I took the back cover off. Took out by SIM. Put the battery back in and BAM!

Red light keeps blinking every time I press the power button.

I have tried resetting it with power + reset button, but that only makes the red light blink faster.

I have also tried hard resetting with power + reset, and then press the red end call button for 4 seconds -- No luck.

Can anyone please help me? I tried downloading the WM6 ROM hoping that flashing it would help, but activesync doesn't recognize anything connected at all, so the flashing deal wouldn't work.

Etencorp.com website is totally useless - No help there. www.eten-users.eu / .net is also down.

PLEASE HELP!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dementia

Hi.

Ive had my M700 for about a week now, and today i experienced the same problem - When i try to turn it on by holding down the power button, it just blinks red.

I've tried removing the battery and back cover multiple times, and i still cant get it working.

Funny thing is that it was on when i started work, and then a couple of hours later when i wanted to make it call, it was like this - What could have happenend? It's been in my pocket all day long.

Thanks.

Guest dementia

This is strange.

Ok so when i started work this morning the battery was at ~55%, i left the earphones in as i was running late and i didnt know how to turn off ringtones - I was at work for 4 hours when i tried to make a call, could it be that the last 55% was used up during this time? Does the headphones disable the automatic shutdown?

It's working now btw, oddjob!

Mickey

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Jun Wang
Hi.

Ive had my M700 for about a week now, and today i experienced the same problem - When i try to turn it on by holding down the power button, it just blinks red.

I've tried removing the battery and back cover multiple times, and i still cant get it working.

Funny thing is that it was on when i started work, and then a couple of hours later when i wanted to make it call, it was like this - What could have happenend? It's been in my pocket all day long.

Thanks.

I had same problem today. But very quickly I figured out that the battery was gone. The problem was the battery spoofed me that it is about 100% before my ETEN died. Meanwhile its origianl charger also had problem, sometimes it didn't charge. After I plugged in my another USB charger (now a day many others using USB charger, they are all 5V samely), it booted up right away. Actually I have already called customer support for repairing, now I don't have to bother them :)

Jun

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Qiuness

Hi guys :)(

my eten m700 turned off today while in my pocket and now the damn red light is on...

when i plug into usb the charging RED light is GREEN (and NOT flashing)

i looked at some contacts and battery things.. pushed and moved s*** around but no change.

any ideas ? :P

• 9 months later...
Guest nightdrive

I know this is an old topic, but this info may be useful to someone.

mY m700 just did the same thing after changing the battery. It turned out that the microswitch which is activated when the back cover is on wasn't being moved into the right position, due to a damaged back cover. I used a little bluetack to hold it in the up position, and now the device powers up properly.

Hope this helps someone