Looking to Sim Unlock my Lobster

Guest lycrawearer

Guest Shuflie

I'd steer clear of them, google them for reviews and scams to see what I mean. Its only four quid you're gambling with, but to them its lots of four quids adding up to a fortune. Their standard response seems to be that your phone has not been tested yet, but here's a code which may or may not work. Just give Virgin the £30 and use the credit on the SIM when you're on holiday or something. Even better if you know someone who uses Virgin PAYG regularly, get them to call CS and get an unlock code for you for free.

Edited by Shuflie

Guest neowave
I'd steer clear of them, google them for reviews and scams to see what I mean. Its only four quid you're gambling with, but to them its lots of four quids adding up to a fortune. Their standard response seems to be that your phone has not been tested yet, but here's a code which may or may not work. Just give Virgin the £30 and use the credit on the SIM when you're on holiday or something. Even better if you know someone who uses Virgin PAYG regularly, get them to call CS and get an unlock code for you for free.

Had a look on the site and under the models listed there is no mention of this device. Would be better if they offered you an option of phones they unlock BEFORE taking your money i feel ?

I am also looking for a cheap and reliable unlock for the lobster currently best i found is 20 quid which is almost as much as you can currently buy it for anyway

Guest chucky.egg

Their Terms say this:

The cost for our mobile unlock information service is covered in your £3.99 payment to us. This is our admin charge for the use of our unlock database system

They make no guarantee that the £3.99 will get your phone unlocked, merely that they will give you advice and tell you if you need a cable etc.

Complete joke - dont use them

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest egwueji

These guys are thieves. They would cheat you out of your money. Pls do not use thier service. I used them and they refused to refund me my money. They aonly gave me advice. Pls never use this site http://www.unlocktelecom.co.uk/index.asp

And although Virgin will unlock for free (subject to the £30 credit etc) .... my mate - who also has a Lobster - has found this site

http://www.unlocktelecom.co.uk/index.asp

Would you trust them ? Personally I'm not convinced .... to be able to claim to unlock any phone for £3.99 ?!?!?

Cheers

Lycrawearer

• 4 months later...
Guest Confucious

I rang Virgin yesterday expecting to be told that I needed to have topped up £30 (I have never put anything on the phone apart from the £10 it came with) but he said no problem - Unlock code is in the post and should take 10 working days (I should have done it earlier).

I'll let you know if I get it!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

Code was went to my old address and what with Christmas and the new year i only got it Friday - but it worked! Never put a penny on the phone just teh Tenner it came with and wasn't charged for the unlock code.

My daughter is now using it on T-Mobile PAYG :(