AS Device name and Zip software for Dash

Guest efjay

Guest efjay

Hi, I am back to the Smartphone OS after having just got a Dash after years using a PPC and cant seem to find any zip software for Smartphone. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

I also have a problem with the device name displayed in Activesync. I have tried changing the registry to the name I want and also used a utility to change the name but whenever I connect to my pc it always gets changed back to WM_Owner. I used SDA Unlocker and Checklock to confirm the Dash is App unlocked. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by efjay

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SteveMW
Hi, I am back to the Smartphone OS after having just got a Dash after years using a PPC and cant seem to find any zip software for Smartphone. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

I also have a problem with the device name displayed in Activesync. I have tried changing the registry to the name I want and also used a utility to change the name but whenever I connect to my pc it always gets changed back to WM_Owner. I used SDA Unlocker and Checklock to confirm the Dash is App unlocked. Any ideas? Thanks.

Resco Explorer for Smartphone is a much more useful file explorer than the built-in one in WM and includes a registry editor and zip utility.

I have changed the partnership name using the following steps.

1. After connecting your device and activesync completes note the current name of your device. Start the registry editor on the host PC and search for the device name. It should be found under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Partners. Edit the value of PartnershipName.

OR

2. Delete the current partnership after disconnecting your device. Use a registry editor on your mobile device to navigate to HKLM\Ident. Change the value of the Name key and restart the phone device. Sync with Activesync and create a new partnership.