E650 and Linksys routers?

Guest danrough

Guest danrough

Hi all,

I reported a while back in a post that I was having trouble connecting to pages on my e650. Having done a lot more investigation with the help of both Orange and the Linksys support teams I wonder if any of you might now be able to help me move this closer to a resolution?

I wondered if any of you have Linksys Modem Routers which you are able to connect your Vox / E650 to the internet through.

I have a WAG300N and am unable to do so, I just wondered if I could give Linksys any information on their routers that do work they might be able to identify the problem in the firmware on the one I have.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks, Dan.

Guest Rhinestone

I have a Linksys WRT54G Broadband Router and have no problems connecting to the internet with the E650.

Edited by Rhinestone

Guest danrough
I have a Linksys WRT54G Broadband Router and have no problems connecting to the internet with the E650.

Thanks for letting me know

Guest gerben

I have the WAG200G; no problem whatsoever. I disabled macadress first; broadend the range of IP# (I have 3 pc's running at home; so the range was for 3 IP; I made that 4) and voila: I could log in. After that I could log in.

I have wpa passphrase so when the 650 saw my network (ssid on) I could enter the passphrase and it connected. When I enable wifi on the phone, it automatically logs in to my home network.

Only problems I can find is Google Maps telling me about every 5 zoom levels that "this progra needs a connection blablabla" and when I press OK everything is fine. But surfing, reading mail etc.: everything ok.

Guest danrough
I have the WAG200G; no problem whatsoever. I disabled macadress first; broadend the range of IP# (I have 3 pc's running at home; so the range was for 3 IP; I made that 4) and voila: I could log in. After that I could log in.

I have wpa passphrase so when the 650 saw my network (ssid on) I could enter the passphrase and it connected. When I enable wifi on the phone, it automatically logs in to my home network.

Only problems I can find is Google Maps telling me about every 5 zoom levels that "this progra needs a connection blablabla" and when I press OK everything is fine. But surfing, reading mail etc.: everything ok.

Thanks Gerben, I've been speaking with the Linksys support team who have been helpful, they've now recommended that I roll back to a different firmware version.

I've got 50 IP addresses assigned to the DHCP range so I'm not concerned about that and I've also disabled all MAC address filtering and security on the network. The only thing I do at the moment is hide the SSID.

The phone connects to the network fine and receives an IP address, I just can't browse any pages or use Google Maps / Skype. I'm pretty confident that it's not a fault with the phone, I have been able to connect on other wireless networks.

Out of interest, are you running yours in mixed mode?

Cheers, Dan.

Guest Griff_FFOC

have you had a read of this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/Using-Internet-Explo...ox-t254051.html

Sounds like the same issue some people seemed to have with Netgear routers. A couple of workarounds seem to include setting wireless settings to "Best Performace", maybe switching your bluetooth on for some reason, and also setting Start >> Settings >> Connections >> Menu >> Advanced >> Internet to Automatic.

Guest danrough

Thanks to everyone for their help. I've now resolved the problem.

For anyone else that is struggling with a similar issue, what eventually sorted it was downgrading teh firmware to 1.01.05 (from 1.01.06 Annex A) and ensuring that I turned bluetooth on before turning WiFi on (I tried turning it on afterwards and this still didn't help, it had to be in the order bluetooth first then Wifi).

Cheers, Dan.

Guest gerben

And if you turn BT on, then WiFi, connect, and turn BT off again? Will you still stay connected then?

All by all a very strange symptom; I cant think of any reason wy BT should be on (and on my WAG200 I always connect without BT; so it should be in the firmware indeed..)

But good that you solved it!