ActiveSync won't sync -just hangs

Guest paddy_mcnulty

Guest paddy_mcnulty

Today my ActievSync (4.5) has just decided not to do it's job. The phoen gets connected, it says syncing but then just hangs doing nothing, with the green disc spinning round on the PC and the sync icon going round on the phone. I just don't get it. It can find the phone but doesn't seem to want to transfer info.

This happened just after I tried to use Sprite Backup. The phone hung so I hard reset, updated Sprite Backup (it still didn't work - phone got caught in a boot up cycle so had to hard reset again - and continued to...), update the ROM from Orange website. So now I have a the equivant of new phone but it won't sync. No contacts, no email, npthing

I don't want to type everything in from scratch and I'm not really happy.

Any ideas anyone?

Paddy

Guest jimbouk

Delete any partnerships in activesync on pc and device. Then connect.

Otherwise, start, settings, connections tab, USB to PC, untick "allow advanced etc etc "

Guest Rob.P

Test it without sprite as well, I used to use spite but ended up ditching it as I found I would have to hard reset my device and reload everything every 3-4 months just to get some basic functionality out of the phone again like sync'ing.

I got the impression that sprite screws AS up on the phone somehow, also found that sprite was definitely the culprit when I had Bluetooth/Activesync issues (stopped the device from recognising the AS port on the PC).

Since I have stopped using it, everything's been fine in reagrds to those probs.

By all means please test yourself though, just in case those issues and solution where limited to my setup.

Guest paddy_mcnulty
Test it without sprite as well, I used to use spite but ended up ditching it as I found I would have to hard reset my device and reload everything every 3-4 months just to get some basic functionality out of the phone again like sync'ing.

I got the impression that sprite screws AS up on the phone somehow, also found that sprite was definitely the culprit when I had Bluetooth/Activesync issues (stopped the device from recognising the AS port on the PC).

Since I have stopped using it, everything's been fine in reagrds to those probs.

By all means please test yourself though, just in case those issues and solution where limited to my setup.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice but nothing seems to be working - I just don't get. removed Sprite (from phone and PC), hard reset (again!), removed ActiveSync 4.5 and reinstalled.

This is driving me nuts. I'm using a work PC but I always have done before - and I am an administrator!

Any ideas before I have to walk aroudn with my outlook contacts printed off all weekend?

Cheers

PAddy

Guest paddy_mcnulty
Hi,

Thanks for the advice but nothing seems to be working - I just don't get. removed Sprite (from phone and PC), hard reset (again!), removed ActiveSync 4.5 and reinstalled.

This is driving me nuts. I'm using a work PC but I always have done before - and I am an administrator!

Any ideas before I have to walk aroudn with my outlook contacts printed off all weekend?

Cheers

PAddy

Hooray! Finally got it - dunno how but did everything again (about the 4th time). Of course, have lost all my programs which is a pisser! Have to reinstall everything but at least I have a phone!