Charging problem? Red LED flash

Guest dav2287

Guest dav2287

When i try to charge my dash, the red LED at the top of the phone briefly blinks red and then nothing else happens. I cannot get the phone to power on, either.

Does anyone know what this means?

Guest rope
When i try to charge my dash, the red LED at the top of the phone briefly blinks red and then nothing else happens. I cannot get the phone to power on, either.

Does anyone know what this means?

I think there are two possibilities:

1. (I don't hope for you) the "BIOS" is broken and the phone therefore cannot boot

2. the battery is broken

Guest dropofdreams

Not that it helps, but I'm gonna bet on the Battery being dead...actually, you know what, I'm gonna test it now.. BRB

Okay...Back. my test was not conclusive..I figured that perhaps if i took the battery out of the unit itself and then plugged it in, I might just get the same results as what you have reported. However, the end result of this was nothing. The light didnt light up at or nor was the unit able to power on despite bing plugged in. My next test, I placed it in my microwave and turned it on high for 15 seconds and though the rubberized casing was a bit gooey, I stilll wasn't able to get anything...So maybe it is a bios error...

Guest rope
My next test, I placed it in my microwave and turned it on high for 15 seconds and though the rubberized casing was a bit gooey, I stilll wasn't able to get anything...

:rolleyes: :D why do you do such stupid things?

Did you hope to repair a broken soldering point? :P

I could not at least imagine what this would be good for...

• 1 year later...