• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

kalantz

kalantz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba G500
Based on Paul's Vox eT9 Language Pack, I prepared an eT9 Language Pack, suited for HTC Excalibur (HTC S620, T-Mobile Dash, SPV E600) with any WM6 ROM that bears eT9 (xT9).

It is based on my HTC S620 with T-Mobile's WM6 ROM, however it should be working with any future WM6 ROM.
It contains the following languages:

• English
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Spanish
  • Dutch
  • Czech
  • Greek
  • Romanian
  • Polish
  • Portugese
  • Sloval
  • Turkish
  • Hungarian

For those who want to use Greek Language with 160 characters on SMSs, they should also install the SMS160 utility by Ace Hellas.

However, there are some issues with"Tab" and "Sym" keys that need to be solved and your help will be appreciated.

I don't know if several keyboard mappings exist around for this device; mine is the one with £,$,€ symbols on J,K,L letters respectively. If you have a different keyboard, let me know.

Thanks,
Costas (kalantz)
Greece.

Attached Files

Edited by kalantz, 05 June 2007 - 12:09 PM.

stesa

stesa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Touch Dual
hi and thanks for your job , unfortunaly on my italian s620 i have on j,k,l @,°,=

kalantz

kalantz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

hi and thanks for your job , unfortunaly on my italian s620 i have on j,k,l @,°,=

Can you post or send me a picture of the Italian keyboard?

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Devices:HTC S620
Sorry if I sound stupid but will this give the HTC S620 the same xt9 features as the T-Mobile Dash?

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

kalantz

kalantz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Sorry if I sound stupid but will this give the HTC S620 the same xt9 features as the T-Mobile Dash?

You have to flash your S620 with T-mobile Dash's WM6 ROM in order this to work. However, since your native language is English, your daily communication is in English and WM6 ROM has only English pre-installed, I don't know if you really need to load the other languages...

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
Oh I see.

Obviously you're a clever man! Any chance of adding t-mobile's xt9 and key hold feature to get numbers to the S620 rom?

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

kalantz

kalantz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Oh I see.

Obviously you're a clever man! Any chance of adding t-mobile's xt9 and key hold feature to get numbers to the S620 rom?

You mean the existing WM5 ROM? I'm afraid it's not easy :rolleyes:

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
Forgot about that!

What about when the S620 gets its WM6 face-lift? Could you extract the xt9 and number stuff then (if it's not in the new ROM that is).

kalantz

kalantz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Forgot about that!

What about when the S620 gets its WM6 face-lift? Could you extract the xt9 and number stuff then (if it's not in the new ROM that is).

Sure...

rope

rope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Cosmo (=Excalibur)

here is a picture of the german keyboard...

Now we only need the WM6 Upgrade to come out by HTC

Attached Files

Dr_Kaos

Dr_Kaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC s620
Hi
I want to use my Dash in spanish. With this language pack the keyboard predictive writting changes to any of the languages listed?
I installed the Language Pack but I still don't know how to use it.
I there a Multilanguage ROM for the Dash?

Thanks
Esteban Hebel

mr._mobile

mr._mobile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:t-mobile dash
how do i use thois program it is installe don myphone but do not know hopw to change languages

yavin4

yavin4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:MDA Mail (Excalibur, WM6)

how do i use thois program it is installe don myphone but do not know hopw to change languages

In any program where you can input text you can press FN + Space together to open the options for eT9. Here you can choose your language for eT9 or choose ABC to not use eT9.

An other problem is, that in the dialpad the key-mapping from the kmap.txt file is not working. So no qwertz in the dialpad. But everything else is fine.

electronlibre

electronlibre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Dash

Thanks again for the work. Any chance we could get the language pack for the US T-Mobile Dash?
Here is a pic of the keyboard:

Attached File  MyPicture.jpg   144.87KB   223 downloads

electronlibre

electronlibre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Dash

Thanks again for the work. Any chance we could get the language pack for the US T-Mobile Dash?
Here is a pic of the keyboard:

Attached File  MyPicture.jpg   144.87KB   223 downloads

@ for J
$ for K
= for L
& for N
! for M

Fernando Garza W

Fernando Garza W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC s620

@ for J
$ for K
= for L
& for N
! for M

yeah i have the same configuration...the spanish and the german xt9 works fine for all except for the jkl letters, thanks a lot for this, it was exactly what i was looking for.

Menneisyys

Menneisyys

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Devices:a lot
I've just posted a related tutorial to http://www.modaco.co...le-t257394.html - it's really worth reading.

AgJackBauer

AgJackBauer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
HI!!
I am trying to install your software creation on my HTC S620 with WM6 downloaded from HTC Site and it doesn't install. Do you hace any suggestions on the matter?
Please, your help would be very apreciated.
Regards,
W.

Based on Paul's Vox eT9 Language Pack, I prepared an eT9 Language Pack, suited for HTC Excalibur (HTC S620, T-Mobile Dash, SPV E600) with any WM6 ROM that bears eT9 (xT9).

It is based on my HTC S620 with T-Mobile's WM6 ROM, however it should be working with any future WM6 ROM.
It contains the following languages:

• English
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Spanish
  • Dutch
  • Czech
  • Greek
  • Romanian
  • Polish
  • Portugese
  • Sloval
  • Turkish
  • Hungarian

For those who want to use Greek Language with 160 characters on SMSs, they should also install the SMS160 utility by Ace Hellas.

However, there are some issues with"Tab" and "Sym" keys that need to be solved and your help will be appreciated.
[/code][code]
I don't know if several keyboard mappings exist around for this device; mine is the one with £,$,€ symbols on J,K,L letters respectively. If you have a different keyboard, let me know.

Thanks,
Costas (kalantz)
Greece.

tibor22

tibor22

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:i900 Omnia, Gsmart G1315
kalantz,

Would it be possible to 'port' eT9 to PDA devices?

I have a HTC P3300 (Artemis) with a WM6 ROM, downloaded from the xda-developer site. It has XT9 with Touch keyboard / keypad (20 or 12 keys), but supports only English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguise. I would need the Hungarian predictive input possibility that is part of your pack.

I'm not a developer so I don't know whether the Excalibur's system may be harmonised with the Touch keyboard. What do you think?

Cheers,

ctibor

john1983

john1983

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTCs620
Based on this language pack I created one for the french keyboard

This means it is AZERTY and it has the following symbols on JKL:
J - @
K - €
L - =

The language pack has support for the following languages:
- Dutch
- English
- French
- Spanish
- Italian
- German

UPDATE: First version had a problem with the sym key. v1.2 solves this. Remove the first version before installing v1.2

Best Regards,

GOoS

Attached Files

Edited by john1983, 20 April 2008 - 05:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users