BT Connection to a W850 on a MDA Mail

Guest Pummy

Guest Pummy

Hi

Just joined as all google / forum searches turn up the spec of a product rather than what I am trying to test on a MDA to see if it is the device I want.

I was an old Ipaq 2210 owner with a SE Z1010 on Orange's 50Mb limit web package and managed to get 300kbit download speeds.

Able to connect my PocketPC to my SE W850i and still able to get that same download speed using the phone as a modem.

My mate at work has an XDA Orbit was able to connect and we managed 290 kbits download speed so HTC would appear to allow this.

Now have an upgrade in mind and looking at the MDA Mail (UK T-Mobile version) as a replacement for my Nokia E61 since Activesync can keep ALL my eMails on my device and I can check all old eMails. (Not a fan of IMAP and not able to run an Exchange server at home and do not have the time to do all the Point to Point network routing to allow OTA syncs with the device)

What I am trying to do is to setup a connection from the MDA to my 3G phone in the same way I can do this with my mates Orbit and my old, trusty 2210.

I would consider the HTC S620 version and buy offline if I could do this so I can upgrade to a W880i instead and have one device for PDA functions and the W880i as a phone. ( I would use the Excalibur as a phone but only for daytime / x-net calls as my 2 contracts work out cheaper than having one)

Been doing all sorts of registry hacks using PHM and reading all the GPS / startup / shutdown hacks but still to no avail.

Considering calling up the UK office in Slough for some help but would be nice to see how far people have got with their efforts if anyone else has tried to make use of their web'n'walk tariff like I have.

ANY input would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Pummy