VoIP/SIP client in Windows Mobile 6?

Guest lrbh

Guest lrbh

Hi. I am planning on buying the HTC Touch with Windows Mobile 6 and wanting to know if it includes a VoIP/SIP client (Internet calling?)?.

Does anyone know?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rklosinski
Hi. I am planning on buying the HTC Touch with Windows Mobile 6 and wanting to know if it includes a VoIP/SIP client (Internet calling?)?.

Does anyone know?

yes and now and it depends on who you ask. to explain, it may not come with the touch, but you can download the files required. I have a touch, and so far cannot get voip to work with my sip provider (allo.com). Other have got it to work.

Thanks for the replys. I forgot to update this thread as I've answered my own question after getting the Touch.

You can use the WM6VoIP hack to get VoIP to work with the integrated SIP client in WM6. Read more in the other thread I made in the HTC Touch forum.'

Yes, you can hack it in... or I have had my SIP provider (sipgate) working on it using fring (http://www.fring.com)

When you use fring, does the sound from the person you call come through the phone speaker or the back speaker?

Edited by lrbh

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the replys. I forgot to update this thread as I've answered my own question after getting the Touch.

You can use the WM6VoIP hack to get VoIP to work with the integrated SIP client in WM6. Read more in the other thread I made in the HTC Touch forum.'

When you use fring, does the sound from the person you call come through the phone speaker or the back speaker?

I get the sound throught the back speakers as well which is a little annoying, thus I am trying to get the WM6 builting VoIP client to work.

If anyone has managed to get this working with FWD I would appreciate any help.

• 6 months later...
Guest cardenas5810
Yes, you can hack it in... or I have had my SIP provider (sipgate) working on it using fring (http://www.fring.com)

:)

P

i installed fringo already but wen i try calling my house phone it didnt work. it rang on my cell phone but not at my house. wats wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
i installed fringo already but wen i try calling my house phone it didnt work. it rang on my cell phone but not at my house. wats wrong?

Not sure whether anyone is looking for fring in the office PBX environment. But I found this working with pbxnsip Inc' IP-PBX very well. Here is the link http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Fring_mobile_client

• 4 months later...

I've been using Fring for a while now with my Onesuite VoIP (SIP based) service on my HTC Touch GSM. It's just like using your HTC phone normally, the sound will come from the phone speaker. Fring is really a very good free apps for Windows Mobile phones.