• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mstar

mstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:null
i have now a wirless network (using WPA security) in my house and all seemed fine 2 laptops connected easiler etc etc.
Then i tried my M5000 and it just stayed in the "connecting to network" state for over 30 mins, an never found the network. I tried manually entering the netweork name/ network key and still the same thing :rolleyes:

i am stuck. I went to a free public wifi spot and it finds the network absolutly fine. Is this a setting thing as i have security enabled? i also tried it with no security and still same thing. anybody help :P pleaseee

i was thinking is it anything to do with my router UPnP, etc settings? i have a netgear dg848GT router setting wirless netwrok to use B and G protocols

Edited by mstar, 08 June 2007 - 12:18 PM.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond
It might be that your device isn't keen on WPA encryption. Try changing the router to WEP and see if that works.

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

mstar

mstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:null

It might be that your device isn't keen on WPA encryption. Try changing the router to WEP and see if that works.

sorry guys i manually added the netwrok name and password and it now works! weird :rolleyes: but i am not complaining :P

Shuflie

Shuflie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Shuflie

sorry guys i manually added the netwrok name and password and it now works! weird :rolleyes: but i am not complaining :P

I expect it was a typo when you entered the password earlier, I'm just going on the number of typos that you managed to make in the first post. :D Not that I'm any better, if you go through my old posts you see a number of them have been edited to fix typos/spelling mistakes. :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users