Black Shadow Released

Guest UndeadDevil

Guest UndeadDevil

Was released about 20 minutes ago, looks great.

Black Shadow

A Hybrid OEM of HTC Hermes and Touch designed specifically for the Hermes

Black Shadow includes all the features of previous Black ROMs that you have come to love and rely on as well as new versions of the following:

• MMS
  • Audio Manager
  • Camera
  • Bluetooth SAP
  • Java
  • HTChome
  • New HTC Sim Manager
  • Smart Dialer
  • Streaming Media
  • Symbol Pad
  • Comm Manager

For anyone that does not yet know where to get Black from, the Image has a BIG clue...

shadow.jpg

Edited by UndeadDevil

Guest mikeeey
Was released about 20 minutes ago, looks great.

Black Shadow

A Hybrid OEM of HTC Hermes and Touch designed specifically for the Hermes

Black Shadow includes all the features of previous Black ROMs that you have come to love and rely on as well as new versions of the following:

• MMS
  • Audio Manager
  • Camera
  • Bluetooth SAP
  • Java
  • HTChome
  • New HTC Sim Manager
  • Smart Dialer
  • Streaming Media
  • Symbol Pad
  • Comm Manager

For anyone that does not yet know where to get Black from, the Image has a BIG clue...

shadow.jpg

cool! do u think theyl have one for the kaiser too? im sure they will if this is for the hermes.

Guest Sadlybrokeboy

You upgraded yet Undead, I've downloaded it - but I'm dithering as I've seen some people have issues with it freezing on instal...

Hmmmmmmmmmm

And mikeeey - I think it's unlikely - the Kaiser is quite new isn't it? Probably too new! :rolleyes:

Matt

Guest crazyc
You upgraded yet Undead, I've downloaded it - but I'm dithering as I've seen some people have issues with it freezing on instal...

Hmmmmmmmmmm

And mikeeey - I think it's unlikely - the Kaiser is quite new isn't it? Probably too new! :rolleyes:

Matt

I too am holding off for 24hours - the download file has already been fixed once, and I want to see some more reaction, as I currently have Dymond running quite sweetly.

There seem to be issues with 3g diallers, and I really like the way the scrol wheel jumps to my speed dial at the mo.

Guest llch_81
I too am holding off for 24hours - the download file has already been fixed once, and I want to see some more reaction, as I currently have Dymond running quite sweetly.There seem to be issues with 3g diallers, and I really like the way the scrol wheel jumps to my speed dial at the mo.
The scroll wheel on speed dial thing has always worked even in WM5...

Anyways I've flashed it, it's a speeding bullet... but no video calls.. but then again, no one i know has it either so no loss.

the hybrid "touch" interface is nifty, you can programme your fav programs to launch..

one of his better roms... argh, signature not updated..

Guest crazyc

Downloaded the revised Black Shadow.

No problems

Have removed the HTC Home plugin - just didn't really like it - preferred my own setup.

The SDK certs are apparently not installed in the ROM by default, so you will need to install them along with the dll inorder to fix the Orange Voicemail quirk.

Oddly enough, have not got that to work properly yet - I don't get the weird text message though, just nothing...Others have made it work - it may be other software Ihave on the phone. (new version of PA)

Guest Sadlybrokeboy

I upgraded this morning - and having installed a cab to restore the MMS & SMS settings, and it stopped me from getting any SMS's in or outbound.

However, One hardreboot later, and I didn't install any cabs to restore settings, and hey presto! I have a working ROM.

I'm going to re-flash with the new version, as I've noticed some of the reboots are slow - but apart from that, I'm very happy - it's quick and it seems stable.

Crazyc, I hear what you're saying about the HTCHome screen - I can't make up my mind, about it - I like first panel, but not the weather or shortcut bit, it's pity you can't configure it more.....

Anyway, I've got the developer certs cab file if anyone needs them, and a cab that restores the Orange MMS/SMS settings and apparently fixes the voicemail icon.

Matt

Guest crazyc
I upgraded this morning - and having installed a cab to restore the MMS & SMS settings, and it stopped me from getting any SMS's in or outbound.

However, One hardreboot later, and I didn't install any cabs to restore settings, and hey presto! I have a working ROM.

I'm going to re-flash with the new version, as I've noticed some of the reboots are slow - but apart from that, I'm very happy - it's quick and it seems stable.

Crazyc, I hear what you're saying about the HTCHome screen - I can't make up my mind, about it - I like first panel, but not the weather or shortcut bit, it's pity you can't configure it more.....

Anyway, I've got the developer certs cab file if anyone needs them, and a cab that restores the Orange MMS/SMS settings and apparently fixes the voicemail icon.

Matt

I am having issues since soft resetting - it seems both SPB weather and O2plus are giving me problems. As I don't like that plugin, and don't use any fancy bits of the phone, I think it is back to Dymond for me....

Guest UndeadDevil

I'm about to flash. Those of you that are having problems, have you flashed the latest version of Shadow? (The .rar one?)

Guest Sadlybrokeboy

Crazyc - I'm having issues with SPB Diary with the HTCHome plugin, but i'm going to give it a while.

The rest of the ROM seems good, stable and quick - so I think it's worth sticking with, even if I disable the HTCHome it should be better :rolleyes:

Undead, I did flash the with the original one - but found the boot slow, so I've re-done it to the 2nd version and things seems *ALOT* better at boot times now - much quicker :D

Hope that helps :P

Matt

Guest crazyc
Crazyc - I'm having issues with SPB Diary with the HTCHome plugin, but i'm going to give it a while.

The rest of the ROM seems good, stable and quick - so I think it's worth sticking with, even if I disable the HTCHome it should be better :rolleyes:

Undead, I did flash the with the original one - but found the boot slow, so I've re-done it to the 2nd version and things seems *ALOT* better at boot times now - much quicker :D

Hope that helps :P

Matt

I used the rar as well. (and have reflashed since).

It all seems fine as long as I avoid O2plus and SPB weather.

However, I like them both and also Dymond was plenty quick enough for me. So I think I will stick with Dymond and watch the forums for a bit. Perhaps a fix or alternatives will appear.

Guest Sadlybrokeboy

Funny you should mention O2 plus - I seem to recall when I had Black Dymond it would kill my phone :P Do you use all the O2 Plus modules?

I've got SPB Weather on Shadow, and it seems to run OK - that said, I've not got it on the today screen but it's updating OK! (I prerfer the BBC weather forcast you see! :rolleyes: )

Matt

Guest crazyc
Funny you should mention O2 plus - I seem to recall when I had Black Dymond it would kill my phone :P Do you use all the O2 Plus modules?

I've got SPB Weather on Shadow, and it seems to run OK - that said, I've not got it on the today screen but it's updating OK! (I prerfer the BBC weather forcast you see! :rolleyes: )

Matt

I too use the BBC template - that is my main reason for using SPB weather.

my O2 plus runs fine on Dymond - I only use the meters and shortcuts options though.

I think there must be something in my setup that is causing a conflict. I will need to do a lot of work on it but don't have time right now.

Guest UndeadDevil

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep Shadow, I don't like the general look of it. Black 3.5 looked great, seems we have taken a step back.

Not to mention MMS doesn't work (Can't enter the settings!)

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
Not to mention MMS doesn't work (Can't enter the settings!)

Who's your provider Undead? I have some CABS and certs to put the Orange settings there.

Alternatively, trying creating a new MMS Message, then once you have the new MMS Dialog open, click on Menu, Options, and then Message Options. Then from there, you can find a servers tab which you can amend :rolleyes:

If you want the cabs, drop me a PM :P

Matt

Guest jimbouk

I am still not sure about the look yet but the functionality and speed is good. Its easy enough to remove the HTC Home plugin and load up the WMBE tsk file though...

Guest UndeadDevil
I am still not sure about the look yet but the functionality and speed is good. Its easy enough to remove the HTC Home plugin and load up the WMBE tsk file though...

I've removed the HTCHome Today Plugin, it was just annoyning me, look ugly to. Plus there was no customization options.

Is anybody still using Black 3.5, if so could you please upload the WMBE.tsk please, I prefer the old look.

Other than the uglyness of the new ROM it is much more stable and somehow HSDPA has got faster as well. Now getting 180kb/s with 2 bar signal!

As for the comments about SPB, it is well known that there Home Plugins do not work on WM6, there latest beta's however do.

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
I've removed the HTCHome Today Plugin, it was just annoyning me, look ugly to. Plus there was no customization options.

Is anybody still using Black 3.5, if so could you please upload the WMBE.tsk please, I prefer the old look.

Other than the uglyness of the new ROM it is much more stable and somehow HSDPA has got faster as well. Now getting 180kb/s with 2 bar signal!

As for the comments about SPB, it is well known that there Home Plugins do not work on WM6, there latest beta's however do.

I don't have the WMBE.tsk that I can find, but I do have "BLACK GLOSSY" which I think is the same one, but with glossy bars. I hope it's what you need.

Oh and here's the CAB file for HTC to set up MMS/SMS for all UK operators, it'll help instead of having to manually enter them :rolleyes:

Hope that helps! :P

Matt

htcp3600_NWW_UK_Setup.zip

BlackGlossy.zip

Guest UndeadDevil

Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for, the Glossy Bars are a + as well.

Thanks for the settings CAB, will come in handy, although I can't see myself ever using another network again, T-Mobile is great for me.

Guest crazyc

It seems all my issues with Black Shadow are down to SPB weather.

Just use the latest version - I hear you cry. But I thought I was. I had the black text issue previously and so upgraded the version which fixed it. I don't know why this is now giving me grief. Can anyone running SPB weather on Black shadow let me know the build number they are using?

All else including O2plus is now fully functional, although I have binned the HTCHome plugin and gone back to the WMBE theme.

So, am now upgraded and no adverse effects.

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
let me know the build number they are using?

CrazyC - I'm using 1.7.0 build 767.

Although I'm NOT using it on the today screen - I've got my SPB Diary linked to it, which is good enough for me :rolleyes:

HTH

Matt

Guest crazyc
CrazyC - I'm using 1.7.0 build 767.

Although I'm NOT using it on the today screen - I've got my SPB Diary linked to it, which is good enough for me :rolleyes:

HTH

Matt

May I ask where you got that build, it is a few notches higher than the one on the spb website?