SPV E650 de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest paholman

Has anyone else installed this many cab files/Apps after a hard reset?

I've done a total of 30, and have hit the hanging problem again

The programs I have installed since applying the fix are as follows:

Alphabetic order (as displayed in Remove Programs)

• Binarys - Smart Explorer
  • Celeris Virtual Mobile Pool
  • Condetsoft Zombie Buster
  • CoreCodec CorePlayer=
  • Efficasoft SmartPhone GRPS Traffic
  • Fizz Weather
  • Hexacto Links
  • Hexacto Links Player Sergio
  • Hexacto Links Whistler Course
  • Infinite Dreams SkyForce
  • Mobirate Bowling Master
  • Modaco CamerAware
  • Modaco CardCache
  • Modaco DoNew
  • Modaco SPV E650 de_brand + Fix 0.2
  • Momentum Games Gold Mine
  • Momentum Games PMG2
  • Momentum Games PMG2 - Fire Island
  • Momentum Games PMG2 - Future City
  • Momentum Games PMG2 - Lost World
  • Momentum Games PMG2 - Spooky Hollow
  • Momentum Games PMG2 - Winter Wonderland
  • Orange Security Unlock
  • Polarbit Raging Thunder
  • Q inbox Extender (last program I installed which hung)
  • Resco Explorer 2003
  • Resco Registry Add-in
  • SMD Ltd Smart Darts
  • Sprite Software Backup

• MobileRo Alarminfo

The installer hung on the 30th one "Inbox Extender" which was also installed directly after my 1st Sync with ActiveSync.

Is there a maximum limit to the number of programs I can install (storage space permitting)?

Has anyone else tried ActiveSync since applying the fix, sync'd their Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Favourites and Folder, then tried another install?

Edited by paholman

Guest Mark Ludgate
How do you mean?

The pack sets your homescreen to Windows Default and reverts your icons to the standard ones. You'll still see O startup / shutdown screens.

P

I still see an Orange start up shut down screen

Mark

Hey thanks Paul for all your hard work, its just what i was looking for. Installed first time without clearing storage. you are a legend!

Guest incognitolad

Every app that I have installed since installing has given me the spinning wheel of death.

Route 66 installed fine, but the phone won't get past the R66 splash screen. It just hangs and needs a battery pull to get out of it. I hope this can be sorted as I'm away on my holidays next week and this is the only form of Sat Nav I have!

Its a great Cab file tho. It makes you realise what a crime the guys at O commited when they designed this ROM.

Thanks Paul!

Guest DuNcAn SPv E650

Not sure if this was overlooked, or...

but the incoming call screen (both portrait and landscape) is still "infected" with the Orange_call_alert.png

(Changed it manually myself)

P.S.

Didn't find any other bugs or flaws after a day of working with the SPaulV e650 :rolleyes:

Guest Looby
Paul

Great work. Thanks to the input from you and others on this site I have a phone I am almost 100% happy with and I'm pretty fussy when it comes to such things

It may just be me but my phone seems to respond quicker now - anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

Danny B

Yup, phone definitely runs faster.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Looby

Guest yorkshiretaff

Thanks ever so much for the fix pack. That's a lot of work!!

Just a couple of noob questions...

-- I can install anything I want on my E650 and have never had to unlock it (though the spinning globe has caused me to do a Clear Storage a few times). Is this normal or am I just lucky? i.e. I'm wary of doing the unlock for warantee reasons.

-- If I decide I want to go back to the Orange default (eg if I have to return the phone for a warantee repair), will a Clear Storage return it with no problems?

Thanks again...

Simon

Guest Paul (MVP)

Good spot on the call progress screen - (HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\Progress) - just need to work out what they are on a generic device and i'll add them to the CAB.

P

Guest paholman
Good spot on the call progress screen - (HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\Progress) - just need to work out what they are on a generic device and i'll add them to the CAB.

P

Hi Paul,

Thanks again for your commitment on this. Orange and HTC have not published anything regarding this BUG or whether they are working on it.

Most of the feedback in this post is regarding the De-Brand, and quite rightly too, as it improves the phone dramatically, but I don't think many who posted have fully tested the "installer fix" part of it.

There are still a few of us that still have the "spinning wheel" issue, are you able to still look into that, or would it be better in a seperate topic?

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm still looking into that too, don't doubt that.

I have a full dump of the S710 and E650 registries, and a full dump of both file systems, and i'm basically stepping through trying to see what could be causing the issue. It's a pain that it is such an intermittent problem - i've installed a whole bunch of stuff on my device and not had the issue. Makes fault finding very hard!

P

Guest paholman
I'm still looking into that too, don't doubt that.

I have a full dump of the S710 and E650 registries, and a full dump of both file systems, and i'm basically stepping through trying to see what could be causing the issue. It's a pain that it is such an intermittent problem - i've installed a whole bunch of stuff on my device and not had the issue. Makes fault finding very hard!

P

I did a hard reset this morning, installed the unlocker, then the fix, rebooted. It hung on the 1st cab install.

It is very weird, it decides to work, let you install a few (or in some cases a lot of) cabs/Apps, then hangs again.

You can tell it's going to work, because the "install progress bar" displays briefly, then progresses AFTER you select "Device" or "Storage Card"

When it's not going to work, the "install progress bar" displays and progresses slightly BEFORE you select the "Device" or "Storage Card" and won't come back, leaving it spinning.

I do have the option of installing the Dopod C500 ROM, but this will change my device id, and means mailing the developers for more registration keys. I'm still in a fight with TomTom for this phone. They are refusing to provide an activation key as it's not a supported device, unless I agree to two terms:0

1. I won't expect any technical support while running on this device (fair enough)

2. I won't request any future activation codes, should I decide to change my device to a supported one in the future

I'm fighting with option 2, as they are basically saying this is the last device they will let me use TomTom on with my Product Serial Key.

Sorry, went slightly off topic...

Edited by paholman

Guest yorkshiretaff

I've decided to get ready for the patch, just in case. I've filled in all the details on the Orange France site for the unlocking CAB but was wondering how long it takes for the email to be sent. Any idea's as it's been a while?

Cheers

Simon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.