Disassembly of MDa Compact III?

Guest James

Guest James

I am just asking for a friend who will be replacing his screen after a drop last week (Just the touch screen, not the LCD)

Does anyone have and tips or instructions for taking this device apart?

Thanks in advance!

Guest The Doctor
I am just asking for a friend who will be replacing his screen after a drop last week (Just the touch screen, not the LCD)

Does anyone have and tips or instrunctions for taking this device apart?

Thanks in advance!

Haven't had chance to take one apart myself but if your after a few general tips:

• NEVER force anything, if its not coming off, there probably another clip/screw holding it in place.
  • Don't forget to remove BOTH the SIM card and memory card before disassembly
  • Don't over-tighten the screws after, could cause screen alignment issues
  • Lay everything out in some sort of order that makes sense to you, nothing worse than taking a device apart and then reassembling only to find two screws left over

Don't know whether that was what you were after in the way of tips but its sound advice anyway :rolleyes:

Phil

Guest James

Thanks for the tips, i have take most apart in my time... SPV/E100/E200/C500 etc... usualy each one has some sort of quirk!! :rolleyes: thats what i was after realy, but agreed its all sound advice!

If anyone has take one apart then i would love to hear about it!

cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MicTh
Thanks for the tips, i have take most apart in my time... SPV/E100/E200/C500 etc... usualy each one has some sort of quirk!! ;) thats what i was after realy, but agreed its all sound advice!

If anyone has take one apart then i would love to hear about it!

cheers!

Would like to hear about it too. I head that there is not mutch to it, just remove the 4. screws and take it apart gently.. But i´m would also like a guide to :P

It would be typical me to break something... :)

Michael

• 2 months later...
Guest Kermit The Frog

I've got the same problem, and I've had a look at the guide and found there are enough differences between the HTC P3300 (and my XDA Orbit) that the instructions don't help.

Has anyone got some instructions for an XDA Orbit please?!

Matt

• 2 weeks later...