Vario keeps rebooting

Guest travisb

Guest travisb

My Vario has developed an annoying habit of randomly rebooting itself. It can happen 2 or 3 times a day. The weird thing is that it doesn't appear to be a soft reset as it doesn't ask for the sim password I set up. Quite often the first I know is when I see that annoying 'would you like to view the photos on your storage card now' message (and I'll kep my thoughts to myself about the person who thought that would be a useful thing to do when you turn the phone!)

Guest xeno1

Are you sure it's rebooting? It sounds like maybe it's losing contact with the SD card and then regaining it and then showing you that stupid message (yes, I agree with you about that one) since it thinks you just inserted the card again.

Guest travisb

Well the screen goes blank and I get the HTC warm up screen, then the Windows Mobile initial screen, just like a soft reset, just bypasses the enter sim password screen. Like I say - weird

Guest darkswitch

Maybe you should try a ROM upgrade. Which ROM are you using btw.

Sounds like somethings changed in your registry thats making your phone go into a kind of panic when something changes, maybe battery or signal something simple.

Have you installed or changed anything recently?

Guest travisb

ROM version: 2.16.9.1 WWE

ROM date: 2/6/06

Radio version: 02.07.10

Protocol version: 413.1.03

ExtROM version: 2.16.9.101

Not installed anything new recently. I swapped a 512 MB card for a 2GB card recently, but this was happening before swapping cards.