WinSXP skin... update!

Guest celsol

Guest celsol

winSXP_ani.gif

Very similar to the old WinSP theme but XP'd by request.

Gone: All day Event, but will 'pop-up' when all day event exists.

Added: 5 Shortcuts , PIE, WMP etc

Staying: Screensaver images.....coz I like em :twisted:

Hope you like it.

Celsol

>>>> UPDATE 4/4/03<<<<<

As requested a template for the 'whocall' app.

winSXPtemplate.jpg

For tips on how to use, follow the EXCELLENT tutorial offered by 'Midnight' here

celsol_winSXP.zip

winSXP_template.zip

Guest Lizard_King

Another fine skin m8, my favourite yet. Will b sticking with this one for a while methinks :lol:

I too love the screensaver images but just one question?? How difficult is it to adjust so u can have more than 3 screensavers? Tried renaming winspss4.... etc but no joy. I assume its coded somewhere?

Other than that m8 an absolute classic!

Guest meaks

Fantastic! Two requests...

Firstly why do some of the 5 shortcuts not work on the top? I have the ie icon(which works) and then 4 question marks.

Secondly could you do a template for the caller id to fit this homescreen?

Thanks for your work

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

You can edit the registry to make up for this :lol:

Try midnights site for full details, cant remember the location of the specific key atm ;)

Guest Richie M

Thats nice m8 :lol:

Can i ask a stupid question?....How do you get your GIF's to look so good & the colour so bright? You have probably seen my attempt at an XP theme but your's seem to look brighter & your GIF's are really small! When i tried to convert mine to GIF they looked crap :(

Any help/tips appreciated ;)

Guest HungrySPV

That is damn cool !

Any chance you can add a "New MSN Message" received to the messages received box in the next release plss :lol:

Guest celsol
Secondly could you do a template for the caller id to fit this homescreen?

Are we talking about a template for the 'WhoCall' caller id app ?

Guest celsol
how can I stop the All day event reminder screen coming up cause most of my events overrun the Text box and make it look wrong!!

Have ammended the xml file to accommodate more characters, download below.

If this does not help, you can edit the xml and remove the 'All Day Event' plugin section (to stop popup on the homescreen),

If you dont want to edit :roll: PM me and I'll send you the edited xml.

winSxp1_1.zip

Guest celsol
Thats nice m8 :lol:

Can i ask a stupid question?....How do you get your GIF's to look so good & the colour so bright?  You have probably seen my attempt at an XP theme but your's seem to look brighter & your GIF's are really small! When i tried to convert mine to GIF they looked crap :(

Any help/tips appreciated ;)

The problem with jpeg's is, while you get the full colour palette clarity suffers.

Best tip I can give is to create a colour palette of 256 colours and use the same palette for all the images you use for the homescreen.

I left the background 'screensaver' images as jpg's as it works better for photos etc..

hope this helps

Guest vadonald

Hi, I don't know if I'm misunderstanding the use of the screensaver images (winspss1 / 2 / 3). I can view the images by scrolling down to view them.

I assumed that because they were refered to as screenaver images then they would appear on screen over a period of time, when the phone is not used, a bit like a photo gallery, and they certainly don't on my SPV.

Have I got it wrong or should they appear at some stage?

Cheers, Vince

P.S. Really like these multiple backdrop XMLs

Guest celsol
Hi, I don't know if I'm misunderstanding the use of the screensaver images (winspss1 / 2 / 3).  I can view the images by scrolling down to view them.

I assumed that because they were refered to as screenaver images then they would appear on screen over a period of time, when the phone is not used, a bit like a photo gallery, and they certainly don't on my SPV.

Have I got it wrong or should they appear at some stage?

Cheers, Vince

P.S. Really like these multiple backdrop XMLs

Sorry my fault, they do not behave like a typical windows based screen saver, just scroll down to view and leave on that page if you want to view the image while your phone is not in use.

Did not know what else to call it :? thats why I always use quotes when referring to the feature :roll:

Guest Berserk

Damn I posted a template for Smartface and the winxp skin but it seems that it got lost during the db crash :lol:

so here it is again and its font

Guest awarner [MVP]

badlad have you got your gender right in your profile? or should your id be badlass? :lol:

PS Welcome to the site ;)

Guest badlad
Look at the first post of this thread....
:idea:

I just see the animated image and the text explaining the changes .... hence asking for the link.

Cheers for the welcome awarner :lol:

Guest badlad

Wierd ... cause now i'm seeing all sorts of downloads that I couldnt see before - do you need to be logged in to get the downloads ?

Guest Chic0
Wierd ... cause now i'm seeing all sorts of downloads that I couldnt see before - do you need to be logged in to get the downloads ?

Badlad/lass, yep you need to be logged in to view downloads. 8)