• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Wing
ok i made it past the ¹st two steps now how di i open a directory using the wing and active sync? :D ¿

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

hey paul im stuck on step 3...on the pagepool changing i dont know how to open a command prompt in the pagepool folder/directory i make therefore i cant get passed that step if you could please help me i would appreciated thank you

im having the same trouble i cant open a cmd promt on my wing like i can using my pc and i also use windows xp not vista is this why?

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
did you create a directory on your PC? Do you have a clue what you are doing?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Err... in the first post?

i tried to open that path in my wing and im blocked from the network i need a rom unlocker for the wing

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

im having the same trouble i cant open a cmd promt on my wing like i can using my pc and i also use windows xp not vista is this why?

i guess i dont know what im doing :D dont know anything about creating new directories i've tried and no luck

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

i guess i dont know what im doing :D dont know anything about creating new directories i've tried and no luck

still trying to figure out your guys are opening up the command promts on your phones. dont work on my wing. I extracted the files from my desktop in the pagepool folder but they wont -l (load) what am i doing wrong?

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

still trying to figure out your guys are opening up the command promts on your phones. dont work on my wing. I extracted the files from my desktop in the pagepool folder but they wont -l (load) what am i doing wrong?

Is T-Mobile blocking this new hack or something i dunno about? i keep getting the pdocdread.exe error ("pdocread" is not a valad Pocket PC application. Does these zip files comoe in .CAB format ? :D ¿

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Your suposed to have a directory and open the command prompt on your PC not your phone.....

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Kooper113

Kooper113

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh, nevermind, my phone booted up fine all of a sudden.. At first it didn't seem like it was, odd! Well it says I have a lot more free memory now!

Edited by Kooper113, 20 August 2008 - 12:11 AM.

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Your suposed to have a directory and open the command prompt on your PC not your phone.....

ok, hello everyone.. day 3 at trying to her more memory here :D
i've gotten this far but i dont see any "M"s in the cmd prompt dialog. i see an example at the bottom. Any suggestions (good sugestions? , not trying to ruin a good phone) :D

Attached Files

Kooper113

Kooper113

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

ok, hello everyone.. day 3 at trying to her more memory here :D
i've gotten this far but i dont see any "M"s in the cmd prompt dialog. i see an example at the bottom. Any suggestions (good sugestions? , not trying to ruin a good phone) :D

I don't think you typed the command corretly, case sensitive I believe.

pdocread -l

You're better off copying that and then right clicking into cmd and pasting it to do it right.

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I don't think you typed the command corretly, case sensitive I believe.

pdocread -l

You're better off copying that and then right clicking into cmd and pasting it to do it right.

:angry: I figured out what i had to do. i had to reinstall step 1. then it was hella-confusing tryin to follow pages 1 and 3 but eventually i got through it, got stuck at the editing part then figured it out. I'm just getting done. i didnt know how long it took to flash back. my cmd prompt froze i juse took a deep breath and did a hard-reset (turning it off for like 10 sec) i went straight into the memory after it loaded up with my iphone theme and everything else that i have installed the memory jumped up to 19MB wow... but for some reason it drops by it self slowly and settles between 17 and 18MB thanx this 3 day process is finally over thanks Paul and to everyone else who helped me :D now... goodnight its 12:55amtook me all nite :D (and three days_

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

:angry: I figured out what i had to do. i had to reinstall step 1. then it was hella-confusing tryin to follow pages 1 and 3 but eventually i got through it, got stuck at the editing part then figured it out. I'm just getting done. i didnt know how long it took to flash back. my cmd prompt froze i juse took a deep breath and did a hard-reset (turning it off for like 10 sec) i went straight into the memory after it loaded up with my iphone theme and everything else that i have installed the memory jumped up to 19MB wow... but for some reason it drops by it self slowly and settles between 17 and 18MB thanx this 3 day process is finally over thanks Paul and to everyone else who helped me :D now... goodnight its 12:55amtook me all nite :D (and three days_

ps...lol last post
someone let me know how it works out when u change the pagepool beyond the 4mb like baybe the 8 or 12 on the wing
1:00AM

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

ps...lol last post
someone let me know how it works out when u change the pagepool beyond the 4mb like baybe the 8 or 12 on the wing
1:00AM

you guys are amazing... thank for the posts (not much help but i managed) I think i am finally happy with my wing. its a SUPER WING now has everything.. i didnt have to delete tzones or my messenger to install my iphone theme thanx for the pagepool trick. now i have so much in here on top of SNES and Nintendo gameboy emulators which seem to work fine. The only trouble i had with that was trying to find working roms. Now i have bookmarked a page with tons of free roms and quess what? they all work. from mario to donkey kong.. lol but my fav.. lol (pokemon red, blue, yellow) look for my super wing on youtube soon.. its so cool

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Can anyone help me with my problem? I go through all the steps and the first time i did it ok. But i decided to do a hard reset and do it again coz i want to reset something. But the 2nd time i did it, My HTC Touch just go off. Can't start , even i try to press the start button, i can't start anymore. I do a hard reset again, but it got stuck at Smart Mobility screen.
What should i do? Is it totally gone for my touch. Or there are still ways to revive it.
Thanks

Finally yeh, i got a way to solve the problem now....

thanks guys.... i did the 6mb on my T-mobile wing and it rund exellent... a month ago when i had broke my LCD screen i tried the 4mb it was still gettin low memory messages. i called HTC mailed them my phone last week via Fedex. they reset it and i had to start from scratch. the not attatch said i had illegal software on my phone so i got back on this site and did a 6mb pagepool hack... thanks this is so great.. (now i just pray i dont break my screen anymore) expensive...

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

thanks guys.... i did the 6mb on my T-mobile wing and it rund exellent... a month ago when i had broke my LCD screen i tried the 4mb it was still gettin low memory messages. i called HTC mailed them my phone last week via Fedex. they reset it and i had to start from scratch. the not attatch said i had illegal software on my phone so i got back on this site and did a 6mb pagepool hack... thanks this is so great.. (now i just pray i dont break my screen anymore) expensive...

http://vids.myspace....eacti...8">SNES on my wing

Just_Chillin

Just_Chillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
http://myspacetv.com...ideoid=42026438

http://vids.myspace....eacti...8">SNES on my wing

bboyillusion

bboyillusion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:t-mobile wing
Step 3: Extract the ROM from your device

We're now going to extract the ROM from your device. This is a completely safe operation, so don't panic yet ;) Take the following steps...

- Ensure device is connected to PC and Activesync'd / WMDC'd
- Open a command prompt at your new directory
- Type 'pdocread -l' (minus the quotes of course)

You will then be presented with something that looks like this:

70.95M (0x46f2000) TrueFFS
	   |		   3.06M (0x30fc00) Part00
	   |		   3.06M (0x310000) Part01
	   |		  64.82M (0x40d2000) Part02
We want to read the Part02 area (the bottom line above), so...

- Type 'pdocread 0 0x40d2000 Part02.dump' substituting 0x40d2000 with the appropriate value from your 'pdocread -l' output

You will see something like 'CopyTFFSToFile(0x0, 0x40d2000, Part02.dump)' appear, and after a wait of a few minutes (it is dumping a lot of data!), you'll be returned to the command prompt. During the operation you can open Windows Explorer to your working directory and see the file growing.
[/quote]

i am having troubles here. my command prompt after i try to open pdocread, doesnt stay open on my pc so i tried running my own cmd and typing in pdocread -l to get the info needed but i get this message:

Error: CeRapiInit failed
- The operation completed succesfully.

But then nothing comes up like it said in the guide. Can I please get some help on this?

Denithor

Denithor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Wing, G1
Just as an FYI, the latest ROM update from T-mobile for the Wing sets the pagepool size back to 8. Think someone finally realized it was a bad idea at 12.

yitolik

yitolik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi paul
I have tried your instructions on my HTC Herald but in last step, while writing the edited poll to device, my pc gave an error on command line

C:\poll size>pdocwrite Part02_4mb.dump
CopyFileToTFFS(Part02_4mb.dump:0, 0, 03fd5fff)

ERROR: could not read 0x= bytes og preceeding sector data at 0x3fd5e00

and now when I press the on/off button nothing happens.

please help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users