PocketSnes and the BlackJack SGH-i607

Guest tassadar898

Guest tassadar898

I can't seem to load up roms on my blackjack. I get a black screen for a second and then im back to my file explorer. I've tried super punch out and i'm running PocketSnesv1.52. Any thoughts?

P.S. I have the necessary dll file tgetfile (sp?).

Edited by tassadar898

Guest kevinsephiroth
I can't seem to load up roms on my blackjack. I get a black screen for a second and then im back to my file explorer. I've tried super punch out and i'm running PocketSnesv1.52. Any thoughts?

Is TGetFille.DLL in the same folder as PSNES.EXE ? Did PSNES asked for an external file to run at the first start up ? (ie: TgetFille.DLL) :)

Guest tassadar898
Is TGetFille.DLL in the same folder as PSNES.EXE ? Did PSNES asked for an external file to run at the first start up ? (ie: TgetFille.DLL) :)

No i've run the gameboy emulator just fine on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arzhul

I'm having the exact same problem. All files are in the same directory. The emu starts up fine, but when you load the ROM, the screen flickers and returns to the directory without running the game. Any thoughts out there?

Guest kevinsephiroth

No GBC emu needs tgetfille.dll since none of them was made by masterall...

Guest blackjackdude

samething happens to me too...screen freezes...kinda clueless, since im a newbie at this stuff...more info/help???

Guest Matth3w

Worse for me, is I can get it to work on my BJ, and then the screen wraps around, so part of the right portion of the screen is butted up against the left portion of the screen. It makes it nearly unplayable.

Do you have more than one ROM on your BJ?

Guest adambomb_13

if the rom doesn't load and goes back to the emu then try moving the entire roms file to another directory worked for me but that toget .dll file needs some upgrades thats for sure

• 4 weeks later...
Guest slappie

I had the same problem and I just figured it out. before loading a rom, click options, then change the display to "portrait". this will load the rom but has the screen cutoff problem. hey, at least it loads! I'm messing with display options now to try to get it to look normal

Guest eigenVector
Worse for me, is I can get it to work on my BJ, and then the screen wraps around, so part of the right portion of the screen is butted up against the left portion of the screen. It makes it nearly unplayable.

Did you ever get this issue fixed. I'm having the same problem.

Guest 1000101

PocketSnes v1.39 and sm@rtsnes_eng are great and fast working SNES emulators for the blackjack. But they both have screen cutoff issues. PSNES 1.39 has a minature screen and sm@rtsnes_eng screen cuts off. You can play them, but the screens messes wth you. Does anynody know if there is an additional download that could fix that problem? Oh and to everyone who ia having problems loading roms or the emulator itself, you are doin something wrong or skipping over changing the screen layout, placement of the files, etc. They work great...but that damn screen cutoff issues are taking away from being really good emulators for the blackjack smartphone...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest player911

Any word on this. I would love to play SNES games on my blackjack. I got PocketNester to work great, but my heart is wit SNES. Doesn't this play on other similar devices like the Q?

Guest mwdelta
Any word on this. I would love to play SNES games on my blackjack. I got PocketNester to work great, but my heart is wit SNES. Doesn't this play on other similar devices like the Q?

OK, I will offer a $25 paypal reward to anyone who can get one of the good SNES emulators working in landscape QVGA (I'm using a Blackjack with WM6). Right now neither smartsnes or pocketsnes work well with the Blackjack. I would really love to play some of the super mario games on my phone, so I'll put my money where my mouth is.

I own a Samsung SGH i320n and i have the same problem... when i try to load a rom the screen turns black and the application crashes...

I can run games only setting the display in portrait mode... but it's unplayable...

I hope that Masterall (or someone) can fix this...

Edited by barfoo

Guest player911
I own a Samsung SGH i320n and i have the same problem... when i try to load a rom the screen turns black and the application crashes...

I can run games only setting the display in portrait mode... but it's unplayable...

I hope that Masterall (or someone) can fix this...

The problem is just with the support for landscape, or the lack there of. PocketSNES only run in Portrait, which is why a portion of the screen is displayed on the opposite side.

I've successfully gotten PocketNesterPlus to work great on my blackjack and runs full screen. So I know it is possible.

Using PocketSNES runs great, if only the screen bug was fixed. Its really a sad day when hackers can develop a iPhone emulator in a few days, yet us Landscape smartphone users can't get one in years.

---------------

Off-Topic but my PocketNesterPlus emulator was gotten from a link on this site. I don't know where because it was a while ago. The file was a CAB file which installs EVERYTHING you need and no need to fiddle with that dll or whatever. If anyone can find that PocketNesterPlus cab file then it would be wise to repost it.

Guest 1000101

On my BJ, i run Pocketsnes 1.39. it has been working almost at 75% screen size recently for some reason. But then it would revert back to a tiny screen. But any SNES emulator out there, it seems when i close them, my homescreen becomes "off a little". I heared there is a file that can be edited in the blackjack to fix that. Does anybody know what that is or can it be done?

Edited by 1000101

• 4 months later...
OK, I will offer a $25 paypal reward to anyone who can get one of the good SNES emulators working in landscape QVGA (I'm using a Blackjack with WM6). Right now neither smartsnes or pocketsnes work well with the Blackjack. I would really love to play some of the super mario games on my phone, so I'll put my money where my mouth is.

The person who made "Smartgear" is probably making one right now, email him and find out.

written by larry bank at bit bank software.

smartgear is a 6 in 1 emulator for smartphone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest pimpin5487

got Pocketsnes 1.52 to work on my blackjack. make display portrait (its backwards for some reason). for some games to play some options like smooth stretch and auto frame skip have to be off or the game will freeze when it loads. other than that got sound workin good just a lil slower than i like, someone lemme know if theres a newer version

• 2 months later...
Guest onak
i have the blackjack ll i cant install pocketnes on it can someone tell me step for step how too please?

LISTEN EVERYBODY THE INSTALLATION IS CORRECT!!!

IM A T-MOBILE DASH FAN AND I MAKE VIDEOS OF HOW TO DO IT, AND THATS ALL I WORK WITH. MY GIRLFRIENDS BROTHER HAS A BJ II AND I INSTALLED THE POCKETSNES IN LESS THAN 30 MIN. IN DOING THAT I FOUND A SMALL GLITCH..

YOUR DOING NOTHING WRONG...

THIS IS THE GLITCH!

*IF YOU INSTALL THE TGETFILE AND TRY ACTIVATING THE EMULATOR FROM THE START MENU "IT WONT WORK"

I REPEAT IT WONT WORK IF YOU OPEN IT FROM THE START MENU.

*YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO OPEN THE FOLDER FROM THE PHONES DESKTOP THEN TRY SEARCHING THE POCKETSNES. IT SHOULD WORK!!

MY YOUTUBE SIT IS http://www.youtube.com/user/xPRxLINKx I ONLY HAVE THE DASH SORRY.

HOPE I MADE ALL YOU GUYS HAPPY!!! A GOOD THING TO DO IS INSTALL SMARTTOOLKIT IT WORKS BEST FOR THINGS LIKE THIS

Guest Hitman0769
QUOTE( @ J) post_snapback.gifNo i've run the gameboy emulator just fine on it.

yo dog what gameboy emulator u using on that blackjack? just want to know cuz i cant get gameboy working on blackjack 2 so let me know the name of ur gboy emu and possibly a link ?? thanks in advance bro - hitman